No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got up to 2-3 now. This game is much better if you imagine you are in rural France, shooting angry French bastards with a shotgun to the head and nicking their cheap fags.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus
      Just been told he is in the main game, although for the life of me I dont recall seeing him. Im sure Id of remembered too
      I don't know if i'm being dumb here, but I don't remember seeing him. I've seen the one with the single bladed saw, but not the double.

Hmm...

Comment

Nah, he's definately not in it, you'd most likely **** yourself if he was due to the more confined that aren't present in mercenary mode and thus remember the encounter vividly.

Comment

Tactical help needed...

3.3 you end up in a cage with the big blokey who can see and a load of monks. I'm getting shafted every time.

Anyone got a tactic for this?

Comment

Curiously enough that's EXACTLY where I am up to now!

You can shoot the lock on the door to get out at least (if you didn't know that) so get out, shoot and run and kill old gimp boy the same way as before (sadly I died on my first and only attempt so far) by the looks of it

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

The way I did it was

Kill all the monks in and outside the cage whilst dodging the bind dude by walking backwards and around the pillar in the middle. Once all the monks are dead stand still and let the blind gimp walk about till he is facing away then shot gun him in the back.

Comment

There are some videos on IGN of this game in its early days. Quite interesting?

IGN Link

Remember there was mention of ghosts? Well there seems to be one in the 3erd video.

These videos are very much in the style of the old RE games, and Leon also looks like a hunchback. I?m so glad they moved the game in a new direction.

Edit:
                He is also throwing petrol bombs without equipping them? maybe they were mapped to a button?
                Last edited by Jakeway; 30-01-2005, 15:20.

Comment

I remember seeing those when RE4 was first shown to the public. Although it looked great, im glad the change was made. Either way, im sure it would have been a stunning game... but i love how the new direction has the potential to appeal to a much larger audience and even make those who were previously anti-resident evil, fans of RE4.

I had a nasty dream the other night concerning RE4. I was in the first village fighting off the villagers... it was just like in the game but i was in Leon's place. My god it was frightening! It made me experience the sheer sense of dread which overwhelms the mind and body when placed in 'life or death' situation. Obviously, the sense of dread was far realer in the dream... i was screaming to myself to wake up, heh, but it made me appreciate what RE4 was trying to achieve - and to some extend, has achieved.

Havent started to replay RE4 on Pro yet... cant wait to do so though
                  ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

interesting videos. It appears the screen changes to a different tint when there is an enemy attacking. I like the way Leon holds the torch as well Looks like there was alot more bits that just made you jump.

Comment

Completed it on Pro a few days ago. Nothing new at all for doing it. The only places I died were the last two bosses.

Also got the handcannon for completing Mercenaries on 5 star. The handcannons the third magnum in the game. It's free to buy in the shop, but you have to ask for it. Pretty funny what the merchant says when you get it too.

Comment

just started chapter 4-2 at 15 hours when do you get onto disc 2 and how long is this game?

Comment

Finally finished it this afternoon. Chapter 5 is just amazing.

Loved that nightmarish asylum/ Silent Hill place you go to at one point. Shame it's only one room, it would have been great to have had more of that sort of thing.

Saddler said he had to swat down a bothersome fly - where've I heard that before...

The Killer7 owns, but it sort of takes the fun away it's so powerful.

Stoopid Devil May Cry part at the end when escaping the exploding island.

Comment

I'm at the castle now, taking it nice and slowly. Just entered and upgraded all my weapons, they're the absolute **** now. Just need to actually play some more of the game. I wish live wasn't so addictive.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadruharazzeb
                              Finally finished it this afternoon. Chapter 5 is just amazing.

Loved that nightmarish asylum/ Silent Hill place you go to at one point. Shame it's only one room, it would have been great to have had more of that sort of thing.
                              The story needed a lot more of that type of environment to maintain a suspenseful core. It wasn't forthcoming.

In retrospect, I still stand by what I originally said about the game. For me, the narrative is probably the worst in the traditional Resident Evil series.

I suppose it's fortunate that the gameplay is brilliantly thought out to the degree it is.

Comment

I just wish this was on XBOX LIVE, and the Mercenarys game was multiplayer with additional downloadable maps.

Comment

Working...
                                X