No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've shot five without missing and not seen the Salazar target; guess I need to look more closely (cos he's only a wee fellow )
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

When you say don't miss. With the shotgun, you can miss but still hit if you get me. Does that count, or does the red dot have to be on the enemy?

Comment

Don't you get an explosive charge to shoot after 5 hits?

Comment

The best way to get the Salazar target and score major points is playing the version which gives you the Rifle and Handgun (ie. second option) rather than the TMP and Shotgun. This way your aiming is much more precise, and because the Salazar target is far in the distance it's a better candidate to take down with the Rifle than with the other weapons. Remember however that you need five consecutive hits with the same weapon, not for example two with the Handgun and three with the Rifle.

I reckon if you try the second mode you will be earning bottle caps in no time!

Comment

Okay, I think this may have been asked before, but maybe not - Where on EARTH is
            from? It insinuates that Leon knows him, but I don't remember him from any other RE game. And I thought I knew the RE story pretty well...

Comment

Originally posted by Magnakai
              Okay, I think this may have been asked before, but maybe not - Where on EARTH is
              from? It insinuates that Leon knows him, but I don't remember him from any other RE game. And I thought I knew the RE story pretty well...
              He's a brand new character in the series. He was in the force with Leon at some point in the storyline (hence how they know each other), but was never in a previous RE game as far as I know.

Comment

I swear to go i've seen nothing come up to hit after 5 shots.

What do you win in the end anyway?

Comment

I used the rapid fire set, mainly the TMP, using it as a handgun (ie single shots) as it has a higher capacity and won't leave you reloading at an imoportune moment. You must hit 5 villager targets in a row without firing any shots that miss, then a little target scrolls across the back. With a little practice it's fairly managable, if you move to make sure you have the best angle on difficult shots. You earn bottle caps if you beat 3000, and rare caps if you hit all the targets without hitting Ashley. There are 4 sets, A, B, C, and D, each with one rare and 5 normal caps. Don't worry about headshots, just aim to hit.

Comment

Cheers for that. I think i've got you!

Comment

Yay I finally completed it, here are my stats:

Hit ratio: 70%
                      Enemies killed: 962
                      Deaths: 49
                      Time: 17 hours 22 mins

I cant believe I only died 49 times, it seemed like hundreds.

THe extras you unlock are amazing too, just had a quick go on mercenaries. This game is big enough as is but I now have all the unlocked stuff to do.

The game that keeps on giving!

Comment

Originally posted by rjpageuk

The game that keeps on giving!
                        Bit like the Arsenal defence

I'm upto 3-2 getting there slowly but surely. Just gone 70 mins between save points, god the tension of making sure I didn't croak it and have to do it all over again

Comment

Originally posted by siegeuk
                          I used the rapid fire set, mainly the TMP, using it as a handgun (ie single shots) as it has a higher capacity and won't leave you reloading at an imoportune moment. You must hit 5 villager targets in a row without firing any shots that miss, then a little target scrolls across the back. With a little practice it's fairly managable, if you move to make sure you have the best angle on difficult shots. You earn bottle caps if you beat 3000, and rare caps if you hit all the targets without hitting Ashley. There are 4 sets, A, B, C, and D, each with one rare and 5 normal caps. Don't worry about headshots, just aim to hit.
                          Head shots=more points, and using the pistol is way more accurate. If you hit Ashley just restart the shooting range, no point continuing.

Comment

just had a 6 hour stint and im now at

lazara (sp) boss the plant thing. Boss doesn't seem too hard although i did die first time! but i thought i'd have a crack tmrrw the whole bit leading up to this has been class

really enjoying it, i found im either getting better or my gun sillzz!1 are better got a couple of bottle caps (rare ones i think)

the gallery is fun but my housemates were moaning i was spending too long in there so i had to tread on. I loved the

mine cart bit when everyone is jumping into your cart and all hell brakes (scuse the pun) loose! the chainsaw guys were a bit unerving but a quick grenade in the carrige sorted them out

anyway yeh thats my experience for the day class class game though
                            Last edited by FreelancePolice; 02-02-2005, 02:00. Reason: spoiler tags :/

Comment

With regards to the shooting range again.

How many bottle caps are there to get at each range? And what do I need to get them all? I seem to have got one. And also, the routine of the people that pop up have changed now.

Do I need to do it with each weapon, and score over 4000?

I'm still not overly clear on it.

Cheers

Scott

Comment

Just to ask how much firepower

you need to take down one of the El Gigante in the second time you face them (ie. when there's two). I'm drowning one in the lava but the remaining one seems to take a hell of a lot of punishment before you even get a chance at the parasite. Shoot for the head? Well after several magnum shots and plenty of shotgun, he might go down on one knee. Sorely tempted to replay this bit and buy a rocket launcher (as how I took out the first one).

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
                                X