No announcement yet.

Devil May Cry 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's exactly it mate. If you get whopped, it's your own fault.

It seems some have actually had problems getting to grips with this particular concept and consequently, have expected to go through it mashing away at the buttons.

Comment

You mean you can't button mash through it? Pft...I'm not even going to bother getting it now

(that's a joke btw...it's already been pre-ordered)

Comment

Originally posted by Vic Vipr
        Practice does make perfect in this case, gamespot can f-off.
        Amen to that! With practice comes truly sick levels of play - check what a friend of mine is bussing now: (Royal Guard)

You can parry ANYTHING! The timing is off sound - the enemy animations are locked to the audio cues all the time so the timing off sound is always the same.

Just to take the piss he does 2 of them! - even tho his defense shattered on the 2nd hit he's unscathed!

The heaviest thing about this game is how far you can go with it - there doesnt seem to be an upper limit to what you can make Dante do, it's all down to what you yourself can come out with.

Comment

Clips for selected DMC Royal Guard heads, with these vids you are spoiling them monsieur Saur ^_0 .

Also I think Dante must Die mode is a must for DMC fans, it's where the real fun begins! It's like war! Normal and Hard prepare you for this campaign!

Comment

Originally posted by optimusomega
            Also I think Dante must Die mode is a must for DMC fans, it's where the real fun begins! It's like war! Normal and Hard prepare you for this campaign!

The madness doesn't end with DMD mode... Heaven or Hell mode is next!

Last edited by Combination; 07-03-2005, 23:01.

Comment

numbers throughout the game

Hey i've noticed numbers throughout the movie such as 3,6,14,5, do these mean anything?

Comment

It's the mission number - the next mission number comes up in all the cutscenes, it's pure class. Like if you look at when Dante wipes the blood off his hand after meeting Lady (when he jumps out of Levianthan's eye) the stain is a number 7.

Comment

Maybe I'm missing something because I've not played it but what did Dante parry in that video? Did he parry an explosion??

Comment

[Yes, perhaps the wrong thread. But at least I'll get answers here rather than in Q&A]

I'm tempted to put in an order for the Jap version, but I don't want to end up disappointed as I was with the first DMC. Pal version admittedly, but it was far too difficult for my fat chubby fingers. Though like Ninja Gaiden, I maintain some of it was due to dodgy camera stuff.

However, I know that unlike the US version, the Jap one lets you restart pretty much as you were (ie you die at the boss, you start again at the boss, rather than at the start of the level). That was one of the things I really enjoyed about Viewtiful Joe (which while also being hard I enjoyed immensely). Oh, I'm so confused. Perhaps I ought to get VJ2 instead

I have to find out if it works on Swap Magic first...

Comment

Originally posted by Moodmon
                      [Yes, perhaps the wrong thread. But at least I'll get answers here rather than in Q&A]

I'm tempted to put in an order for the Jap version, but I don't want to end up disappointed as I was with the first DMC. Pal version admittedly, but it was far too difficult for my fat chubby fingers. Though like Ninja Gaiden, I maintain some of it was due to dodgy camera stuff.

However, I know that unlike the US version, the Jap one lets you restart pretty much as you were (ie you die at the boss, you start again at the boss, rather than at the start of the level)...<snip>
                      Yes, BUT if you've gone into the boss-battle with a number of items, which you use to replenish your health and you die, when you restart you won't have the items since you would've already used em', in effect making it a tougher fight.

Comment

Originally posted by RLench
                        Maybe I'm missing something because I've not played it but what did Dante parry in that video? Did he parry an explosion??
                        That's what I'm saying! He can parry anything - in the second vid he parries 2 explosions.

Comment

Wow

I thought it was but I wasn't sure if my eyes were tricking me or not

Comment

can i ask, just receieved game but replaying missions to get S grade, im on mission 2 and can breeze past all the enemies except the boss, i can avoid being hit when he vanished and pops up right next to you..very annoying

Comment

Hey all,

First time poster, long time DMC fan. Anyway, I was wondering if there was a front-page to the link Chadruharazzeb posted. I found 2 other RG videos by just guessing url's, and I'm wondering if there is some sort of front end to check and see if there are other superplays.

Thanks a bunch.

trag

Originally posted by Chadruharazzeb
                              Speaking of Royal Guard, check this out.

Comment

I don't think there is a front page to be honest. Just seems to be some ordinary joe who documented how to effectively use Royal Guard against the last boss.

Watching any of Saurian's videos will provide a few ideas. I don't thing there's any actual documentation as yet other than what is on GameFaqs or IGN, sadly.

You'll figure your own methods after long enough though - much more rewarding

Comment

Working...
                                X