No announcement yet.

Devil May Cry 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the styles are good in their own way. Once you've played the game enough it just becomes a tactical choice before each mission.

Comment

I also Have yet to post my impressions as i'm painfully awaiting my copy form play asia that was sent last Tuesday! Where is it! i got no patence.

Having lots of fun with DMC1 and MGS:SE in the meantime.

Comment

Woot. Now my opinion of the game has been officially announced I can spooge about it in here.

This game is better than Devil May Cry 1. I can give no higher praise.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadruharazzeb
          Only 70 posts for a Dant0r game... you people....

Anyway, does any of you three people that are actually playing the game use weapons like Artemis, Spiral, or the guitar sword (nevan)? Frankly I've found myself using pretty much nothing other than Rebellion, gauntlets (forget their name now) and E&I. I don't even use the shotgun that much.
          My fave combo is either Rebellion and Nevan or Rebellion and Cerberus. Nevan is insanely good, it all about setting stuff up in advance, only one Nevan move actually combos off a sword hit and that's it's chargeable uppercut. To use Navan you have to press attack once to make Dante bring it round to the front, from there up, down, left and right + attack are 4 different moves, but to get into this stance takes a second so I use the uppercut I said about before to get straight into the stance without a delay. If you hold down attack after a move it charges, summoning more bats which Nevan throws out - the bats stay on the guitar for a moment this is the key to using it. So to fight (Swordmaster) I'll buss 2 sword strikes, followed by R2 to switch weapon, back + hold attack. The enemy is knocked upwards and Dante like totally flips out and starts wailing REALLY hard on the guitar summoning loads of bats - switch back to sword, Rising Dragon, 2 O button slashes in mid air, R2 to switch, 2 O button slashes with Nevan then hold attack and Dante busses out a choon to summon more bats while the last lot is still mauling the enemy I just dealt with. When he lands (still in stance) it's all about right + attack for that massive pulse attacks to clear the area.

Nevan basic juggle

Mid air charge

One off Nevan, two off Stinger!

Dante totally flips out and starts wailing really, REALLY HARD and everything explodes!

XD

Comment

Sweet! Nevan is my least upgraded of my Devil Arms at the minute, it's pretty crap in its initial state (in term of combat usefulness anyway, it's madly cool though). I'll get working on upgrading it.

That's another great thing about this game, it'll take an age to build everything up to max, and that includes doing - and finding - all the secret missions to get the health bar maxed out.

Just working on Royal Guard at the minute: man it wastes those poxy chess dudes! They telegraph their attacks so much in advance, it's just a case of "wait for it.... NOW" block, counter WHAMMY! Instagib.

I just love the gauntlets though. Even better than Ifrit, even though they haven't got a Kick13 combo.

Comment

That Nevan Stuff is the Coolest **** i've seen, I'm familiar with the Real Ultimate Power website. It is teh awesome

Guitars and Violence mix so well \m/

Comment

picked up a german DMC 3 flyer today. it says the game comes with a playable monster hunter demo disc (off- and online!) as extra. but i wonder if it's worth the wait ...

Comment

I cannot adequately describe how much I love the gauntlets. They just own. I don't think I used a sword at all for about three hours last night.

KiddieFAQ's think we're harsh. Not sure what point they're trying to make.

No mention of the ZOE2 review there though.

Comment

Only 70 posts for a Dant0r game... you people....

Anyway, does any of you three people that are actually playing the game use weapons like Artemis, Spiral, or the guitar sword (nevan)? Frankly I've found myself using pretty much nothing other than Rebellion, gauntlets (forget their name now) and E&I. I don't even use the shotgun that much.
                    I'm basically using Rebellion / Gauntlets with the pistols.

Shotty seems crap in this game and I can't even be arsed levelling up. Sometimes I use the dual swords weapon for a change, and I did try the Nevan weapon but found it a bit too strange and difficult to control...

Comment

The beowulf gauntlets are a marvel. I can't stop using the damn things. When you buy Air Hike for them you'll never look back.

I found DMC1 to be at its most rewarding after extended play, when you know all the moves and the enemies attacks. This is no different. I've put in 46 hours on it now and it just keeps getting better and better.

Get playing it for christs sake. This thread is so empty I can hear myself echoing.

Comment

I haven't been able to get any time to play this lately, tonight should get an hour or so in before the football starts, but I fully intend to immerse myself at the weekend.

Comment

If anyone has got IGN Insider access, would you mind letting me know what's been said in here please: The harsh NTSC-UK REVIEWS Devil May Cry 3 (Didn't Jeremy D. say they have a DMC3 online exclusive?)

Just wondering what's been said about their "exclusivity" and our legendary harshnes.

Comment

Only up to about 30 hrs myself just going through on hard now.. havent played it for a couple of days through due to going out and general pissing around.. will have to get back to it though as it is fantastic...... I wish they would now do a game around virgil hes cool in a different way to dante..

Comment

If anyone has got IGN Insider access, would you mind letting me know what's been said in here please: The harsh NTSC-UK REVIEWS Devil May Cry 3 (Didn't Jeremy D. say they have a DMC3 online exclusive?)

Just wondering what's been said about their "exclusivity" and our legendary harshnes.

Ooh...what's been said on the IGN forums? This could be funny (or lame if it results in an influx of American kiddies)

Did IGN pay for an exclusive review or something then?

Comment

I will piss myself if they did.. somebody ring marcus

Comment

Working...
                                X