Wipe Out PSP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wipe Out PSP

OK, picked this up yesterday in EBGames. It seems gamestop has had some delay in getting PSP stuff so if you've ordered anything from there it will be late.

I played it for a short period yesterday and I have to say the graphics are stunning. Trying to get used to the controls as its a bit tougher playing this with the pad. It has a download option that I can't test yet but it looks like you can actually play online over the net [but no wireless where I am at the mo]. It also has a huge range of tunes, normal peer2peer wireless, single race / tourney etc.

Just about to get on the plane back to the UK! So 8 hours of play looms

Neil.

Will your battery last that long?

Yeah, the Japanese website mentions online. No details yet though.

Comment

I have 2 and airline seat power adaptor

One thing I noticed here in the US is the number of PSP accesorries is huge. There is an AA battery pack that allows you to use normal AA's with the PSP.

Comment

The analogue nub is said to be good for control in Pure. How does it handle?

Comment

What about the reported slow down?

Comment

Is it my imagination that VG+ have it in stock. Hope so

Comment

Originally posted by NeilMcRae

One thing I noticed here in the US is the number of PSP accesorries is huge. There is an AA battery pack that allows you to use normal AA's with the PSP.
              Sorry to go OT but are there any decent carry cases?, preferably black , hard and about 6-8".

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Gear
                ...preferably black , hard and about 6-8".
                Keep it clean please.

Comment

Originally posted by replicant
                  Is it my imagination that VG+ have it in stock. Hope so
                  Looks like it is in stock now, but my pre order hasn't shipped yet

Comment

Tronix have sold out now.

Comment

I actually have a few orders with VG+ that are now listed as in stock that haven't shipped yet too which is very unusual for them. Hope they go out first thing monday. Wipeout was one of my main reasons for buying a PSP and the reviews seem to be great so it looks like we're not in for another Fusion let down. I'm really looking forward to it!

Dogg.

Comment

Damn - ordered Lumines & Wipeout together so guess they're holding wipeout till it's in stock.

Comment

The nib is actually good for controlling wipeout but its hard to use the shoulder buttons when using the nib. Infact - this game highlights the poorness of the shoulder buttons on the PSP and how its hard to hold the thing safely and use those buttons.

I've noticed no slowdown but I've only done the first tourney, the graphics are stunning and the engine/framerate seem good to me so far, I have half the kids in logan airport stunned whilst playing it - it really does show of the LCD on the PSP amazingly. I've only played Wipeout Fusion and this seems to be very similiar to that but the tracks seem better. One annoying thing thats driving me nuts is that its hard to tell where you are on a track as there is no mini map, and little indication on how close or far the other players are. Also seems to way to mod your vehicle can't remember if this is the norm for wipeout (atleast I've not found a way to mod vehicles].

Neil.

Comment

Thanks for the impressions.

Is the style still as rank as Fusion? I thought the handling model was supposed to be more 2097?

Comment

Yeah it's definately supposed to be more 2097 than fusion - I don't actually mind using the nib/shoulders - play ridge racers like that - got long fingers mind you.

This can't come soon enough now.

Comment

Working...
                              X