No announcement yet.

Wipe Out PSP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got this in today and it is excellent. I've never been a huge fan of the Wipeout games, the only I played prior to this was Wipeout 2097 which IMO was rather good. I must say I really struggled with it at first even on the easiest difficulty(vector? is it?) and I was beginning to wonder whether I had wasted my money on it. But I wasn't about to give up on it after a few minutes. Fired up zone mode and just fell in love with the game. I don't even need to bother with the tournament races, I could quite happily get along on Zone mode for a while(as I have been doing today). The great thing is, it makes for some good practice IMO. I tried the first tournament again and sailed through it.

Comment

Yep, Zone mode was the only good thing to come from Fusion. I have been playing Pure to death and it gets better and better. It's an excellent game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang
        Yep, Zone mode was the only good thing to come from Fusion. I have been playing Pure to death and it gets better and better. It's an excellent game.
        how do you unlock zone-mode from fusion? I actually thought that was an online feature for WOF....

Comment

Hmmm, I don't have it here but I don't even remember it needing to be unlocked. Isn't it selectable in the single player menu?

Comment

So how do you unlock the Classic tracks then?

Is it a case of getting Gold on the first 3 zone levels as someone here alluded to? Or is it getting a certain number of golds overall, as someone else suggested?!

And why am I so bad at Time Trial!??

Comment

Originally posted by Morcerf

Is it a case of getting Gold on the first 3 zone levels as someone here alluded to? Or is it getting a certain number of golds overall, as someone else suggested?!

Well I got 10 gold medals and that seemed to unlock the first classic track. I had one gold from zone mode, two from the tournament races and the rest were from single races.

Comment

Yeah it seems to be the accumulation of golds rather than horsing a particular setup (i.e single race/tournament) that unlocks the classic tracks (& other goodies)

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang
                  Hmmm, I don't have it here but I don't even remember it needing to be unlocked. Isn't it selectable in the single player menu?
                  no, in Wipeout Fusion zone mode is greyed out...that's why I thought i was an internet thingy that would become selectable when you've connected a modem / broadband adapter to your console.
                  oh well, would be interesting to play zone mode in Fusion...so if anyone know exactly how to unlock it let me know, please.

Comment

From Gamefaqs re wipeout fusion for eretsua :

Note: Zone mode cannot be played until it is unlocked when you have
                    progressed through 30% of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK
                      From Gamefaqs re wipeout fusion for eretsua :

Note: Zone mode cannot be played until it is unlocked when you have
                      progressed through 30% of the game.
                      Arigatou gozaimasu

Comment

(adopts broad scots accent) nae bother pal

Comment

Originally posted by Morcerf

10 Gold Gives you the 1st classic course, then it`s 15 golds per course afterwards e.g 10, 25, 40, 55. I`m on around 48 golds at the moment so i`m hoping thats the case for 55

Comment

**** me that's a lotta gold. Nowhere near that yet. I'm off to boost my gold tally.

Mu5 (who also posts here) is setting up a webby which should allow us to upload/download ghosts and maintain records etc - more soon (i.e when it's ready 8) )

Comment

Easiest way is just to unlock the zone craft by getting all golds on zone mode, then you shouldn`t find the time trials and single player challenges to tough (well upto flash anyway) and should be racking up golds in no time.

Comment

Ok, someone help me with this Wipeout web browser thing as it just won't work for me.

All you need to do is change the primary DNS Server to a different one thats already set up so it bypasses the Wipeout default one but when I do that it still loads the Download page.

I've checked like 3 online guides for it and they all say the same thing... But it won't work!

Comment

Working...
                                X