No announcement yet.

Electroplankton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That vids awesome hoolak, i have never seen that thing before, looks really fun to use. The tenori is fun to use to make music but its weak when it comes to sampling, or that may be down to the fact i cant get samples for it as im still a noob at that kind of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
      The tenori is fun to use
      Are you trying to make me jealous? Because it's bloody worked
      Glad you enjoyed the vid

I want a Tenori-On, but 600 quid is making me cry.

Comment

I love toshio Iwai's work so i couldnt hold out much longer, it took a few months savings to get it but im glad i did it's like electroplankton incorparated into a stand alone instrument.

I wish he'd make something for the wii.

Comment

Im so into the EMX , its an amazing machine , but way too much of a novice to get anything approaching decent , check out Denkitribe on youtube . Quite interested in a Kaossilator , in the right hands they're amazing for just over a ton

I like Tenori-on alot and have been following its progress , not too sure if its a novelty item ( no diss Importaku ) and would be interested in having a mess about with one .

Comment

I know what you mean Junko, it's really hard to see it as a serious instrument due to the fact its just so damn weird, the more i play with it the more i discover really cool ways of making music.

Im not a musical person & on regular instruments i can't do a single thing but on this i can make some pretty good stuff, its very intuitive once you start to play, you can build layers & before you know it you have a pretty good sounding tune.

I have discovered its quite like electroplankton, serveral layers you can select have suprising similaritys to electroplankton & although its not totally the same it shares the same idea. Lumiloop, beatnes & luminara all have similar modes on tenori on.

Comment

How much is that Tenori-on?! I looked at it a couple of months ago...it was so brilliant! Didn't know it was out already.

Comment

Originally posted by warlike View Post
                How much is that Tenori-on?! I looked at it a couple of months ago...it was so brilliant! Didn't know it was out already.
                ?599

Comment

~ ~

*crawls away*

Comment

A Wii softo would be nice from Mr Iwai, but I think I'd prefer another DS title aimed at electronic music makers.

Comment

Just think of the posibillities if they made it for wii & you could save your stuff to the sd card.

Comment

That's really lovely hoolak. I was listening while making my dinner. I wrote a really long geeky gear lust post but then hit back by mistake. For some reason, Firefox doesn't remember text when you go back and forth. Sadness.

Anyway, short version - I've played with the Tenori-On and it's rather fun, but it does feel a bit pointless, especially as you can get a Monome for cheaper.

Comment

Thanks Magnakai. Never seen a Monome before. Going to read up on it.

Today I ordered more gear A Kaossilator.

Comment

Monome seems to be an interface that needs to be hooked up to a computer or electronic instrument? Also, according to their site, the 16x16 buttoned Monome is about $1,400.

Comment

Nice one on the kaossilator , I think Im gonna invest this week too

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                                Thanks Magnakai. Never seen a Monome before. Going to read up on it.

Today I ordered more gear A Kaossilator.
                                I've seen some pretty interesting things done on a limited amount of hardware, but I'm sorry to say that I thought that video was quite terrible.

There was little or no musical merit to what he was doing there; half his notes and hits were out of time and key and were just seemingly randomly placed on the loop. The unnecessary effects on the Kaoss pad at the end weren't really doing it any favours either.

Comment

Working...
                                X