Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chibi Robo

Picked this up along with Goemon DS!

This game just oozes with Nintendo quality!
    The main aim of the game is simple, to keep everyone in the Sanderson family happy! By carrying out household chores and requests made, you gain 'Happy points' and money. Happy Points affect your Chibi Robo ranking which is adjusted at the end of each day. Money gathered enables you to buy new equipment and items.
    All text is in Japanese and so are the subtitles in the cut scenes. The characters speak some kind of weird language with Jenny (the girl with frog hat) speaking like a frog!
    Gonna play more now. More impressions later.

Great, cheers Venom - is the text essential to the game or just story/filler? I really want to play this, but want to get the most out of it.

Comment

Venom have you used the Mic functions in this game? What are they used for?
      Last edited by VR46; 22-06-2005, 12:00.

Comment

What mic functions?

Comment

Apparently the game has some sort of linkup with the Gamecube Microphone. It was reported in the latest Nintendo Dream.

Comment

Not too sure. It doesn't say anything about that in the instructions.

@Geoff D

The game's still playable without Japanese knowledge. The requests and hints are in Japanese so would be easier if you have Japanese knowledge but if you need any help just post here.

Comment

'happy points' sounds like there might be a '1 day score attack' mode (ala pikmin 1) hidden in there somewhere...

can you see anything like that?

Comment

Haven't encountered anything like that yet. The points affect your rank. Once you reach 1st rank your chibi robo gets upgraded.

Comment

thanks for the quick response!

shame... sounds like it's strictly 1P 'adventure' gaming... but the notion of 'ranking up my chibi robo' appeals anyway!

Comment

Sounds a bit like Doshin the giant, I know it probably is not when you actually play it, but the way you described it in your first post sounded kind of like Doshin on the GC and 64DD.

I see you live 6 mins away from Akiba Venom, I absolutely loved that place when I was there a fortnight ago, well just over a fortnight ago.I couldn't wait to get up each morning and make my way from my hotel in Ueno to the Hibiya line subway and go look for treasure hehe.Glad you are enjoying the game anyway.

Comment

I really hope this one makes it to the US or UK (or preferably, both). But...Skip made Giftpia and that one didn't make it so...

Comment

Just to give an illustration of how the game plays:

The game is split in 2 parts- Day and Night.
                        Now the length of the time of day can vary, depending on whether you've purchased the 'time extender' within the shop, as the default timer is '5' (i assume it's 5 minutes you get) though you can buy a '10' version and a '15' version.
                        They are not accumilative however, so you won't get 30 minutes in total. The max is '15' (so far in my game)

Chibi's battery is at '80' as default, so you've got to be wary of battery usage, since more strenuous tasks as 'Helicoptering/ cleaning' etc will zap up more juice.
                        The way to recharge yourself is to plug yourself into the wall sockets, which also act as save points.
                        Once the battery hits zero, chibirobo will just collapse in a heap and you will be transported back to your ship. Then you can carry on your game with however much time you've got left in the day/ night.
                        Only way i've extended the battery power is to do well gaining 'hearts' and attaining a high score (somehow) then when you go back to your ship, you will be given your score - then the battery power will increase slightly.

To progress the story further, you've got to 'talk/ access' to the main characters, and perform actions for them. Whether it be presenting them with a gift or certain item, or doing special costume actions.

I have been stuck more than once, mainly because i haven't got the foggiest idea what to do. So i just ended up doing every type of thing until it was the 'right' action that was needed.

Comment

Keep the impressions coming when you can, loving what I'm hearing here and seeing on the website:

So, can anyone yet confirm Freeloader compatability for us cheap-ass, Jap Cube-less, game-staved PAL scumbags?

Comment

Originally posted by Aven
                            I really hope this one makes it to the US or UK (or preferably, both). But...Skip made Giftpia and that one didn't make it so...
                            Giftpia has an August release over here dude (UK), so dont give up hope just yet!

Comment

If giftpia comes out over here i will go & buy a pal cube thats how much i love that game. Im nearly at the end of the japanese version & i have loved every minuite of it. Giftpia plays like no other rpg i have ever played.

Comment

Working...
                              X