Minna Daisuki Katamari Damacy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minna Daisuki Katamari Damacy!

My god its even better than I could ever hope. The music is even funkier than the first game. Theres so much new stuff to collect. I still don't have a clue what the old man is on about. There's a neat graphic effect that makes sure you never lose sight of your katamari if something is blocking your view (it cuts it away). MMMMmmm music. Played the first 4 levels so far.

Can't wait to try out the co-op mode.

I LOVE KATAMARI DAMACY!

Sounds good, keep us updated!

Comment

Should I really be waiting for the US version of this? Is it easy enough to know what you're doing in the Japanese version?

Comment

any game play changes from the first one?

Comment

Originally posted by Keith
          Should I really be waiting for the US version of this? Is it easy enough to know what you're doing in the Japanese version?

It was easy in the first game. I doubt things have changed much..

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy
            any game play changes from the first one?
            Not that I've noticed so far. Pure bliss....

Comment

Damn, I seem to have forgotten that this was coming out.

I can't imgaine the music being better than the original. I mean, come on...

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ
                Damn, I seem to have forgotten that this was coming out.

I can't imgaine the music being better than the original. I mean, come on...
                Music's fantastic especially the remixed version of the main theme! Co-op mode is a blast too!

Comment

I enjoyed the first game but its one of the only games i have ever played that gave me motion sickness with extended play

Comment

Is this coming out in the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar
                      Is this coming out in the UK?
                      there has been reports, but no concrete date.

Comment

YES! I loved the first one, was afraid they might balls it up, but this sounds wicked. Thanks for the impressions.

Comment

there has been reports, but no concrete date.
                          The non-release of the first game was criminal, as I'm a Percy Pal gamer I can only cross my fingers and hope. Simply can't afford to get an imported PS2 at the moment!

Comment

I've played about ten levels. It gets better and better. The Sumo wrestler level has you rolling him around instead of a Katamari, and the racing car level gives you so much speed... (watching those cars jump over the bridges is crazy!)
                            Did everyone get the free gift (an electronic prince figure... but what does it do? I think the antenna flashes if another one comes in range or something). I'll take it with me to Japan in a couple of weeks to find out.

... ok, the prince's antenna flashes when he detects a mobile phone call, text, gprs connection etc.
                            Last edited by Barnardo; 13-07-2005, 15:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnardo
                              Did everyone get the free gift (an electronic prince figure... but what does it do? I think the antenna flashes if another one comes in range or something). I'll take it with me to Japan in a couple of weeks to find out.
                              it's a mobile phone strap!

i've been playing the game for 11 hours up to now (it's currently 7am).

the level design is to die for!

there is a town, zoo, school, ski resort and a underwater level, but the best up to now is the race level! (the music fits so well with it!)

There has been some bloody funny senerios in the game. the classroom in the school spings to mind, where there are kids screaming for their lives, all trapped in the room while you get sticky sticky with 'em!

its seems alot more text heavy than the original, but it isnt really a problem.

the soundtrack is heavily based on a more relaxing sound than the original with mainly easy listening tunes and a few obscure vocal tracks. There are not as many remixes of the main theme as i thought there would be, which is good!

the game contains silent movie cutscenes throughout the game with opera music to acompany them. (the story seems to be about the king of cosmos when he was younger)

the graphics and gameplay have recieved minor tweeks over the original.

if you fail a level, the king of cosmos shoots lazer beems out of his eyes and you the player have to avoid them by moving left or right! (this is ultra boring and very annoying)

the level select screen is a flat map with people and animals representing the levels.

The intro movie sucks!

The game is alot bigger than the original (which makes me very happy as in my opinion, the size of katamari damacy was its only downfall)

I have never enjoyed the original damacy soundtrack by itself, but this soundtrack definity suits me listening to it on a hot summers day, cruising in a car.

only two games have had the effect on me this year! (resident evil 4 being the other).

i'm off to bed, but i'll be back for more action in 7 hours!
                              Last edited by butchcvc; 10-07-2005, 06:06.

Comment

Working...
                              X