No announcement yet.

Minna Daisuki Katamari Damacy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've played it all morning, and just got to the race level - the sumo one alone makes this worth the asking price!

oh, and it doesn't look like anyone's tried the multiplayer yet - we just had a quick go at it (you get to the versus mode from the two old men playing a boardgame - i think both players have to talk to them, but it might just be p2). versus is neat - there seem to be three levels (the third's still locked), the first two of which are the bedroom (from the clean-up-100-bits-of-rubbish one) and part of the city from the sumo one. it's vertical splitscreen again, and you race to collect more of a random item than the other player. the waggle-the-sticks dash move charges up your ball, which you can then whack the other player with, sending loads of their items flying . we always seemed to have a minute or more left after we'd collected all the butterflies/pencils/blancmanges on the level, so it turns into katamari cat-and-mouse with the dash attack, as whoever's behind tries to snatch a few items . great fun, although more than three levels would be good - here's hoping there are a few more hidden away.

co-operative: you get to this by starting a single-player level with two pads plugged in, then selecting the first option. you can do any of the levels in co-op - you get both little prince-type-people behind one katamari and have to work together to roll it. each person kind of controls one 'stick', so the person on the left can only turn left (down on both sticks), help to go forwards (up on both) and bring the ball to a screeching halt (do anything much else ). this is THE most fun i've had with a multiplayer game in aaages - when the timer's winding down and you're both screaming at each other to turn the other way, and the katamari keeps getting attacked by angry horses

edit: oops, people have tried the multiplayer. duh. still, it's good.
    Last edited by karlidog; 13-07-2005, 11:21.

Comment

Gahhhhh!

Anyone else still waiting on their copy to turn up from PA...?

I pre-ordered mine way back in April I think and still nowt here.

Barnado, how did you get your copy on the 7th when that was the actual release date, especially if your in London...? Did you get the Asian version that was out a cpl of days before...?

Comment

Yeah, still waiting for my copy from PA also - it's not fair! Pre-ordered on the 1st day PA had it listed for sale & it shipped on the 6th. However, as I'm still waiting for a set of component leads from them that were sent over 2 weeks ago I don't expect I'll be seeing it for quite some time yet.....

Dunno if it's just me but shipping from Hong Kong is a hell of a lot worse now? I used to get stuff within 4-5 days (1 week tops) but now 2-3 weeks seems to be the norm. Whilst I know it's not PA's fault it's getting to the point where I'm not going to bother in future.

In the meantime please keep posting the updates to let us poor sods know what we're missing!

Have fun guys!

Comment

i don't like it as much as the first one...

I thought I would but it's just too similar. It's a good game but I'm just not feeling the buzz of the original.

Comment

I chose a courier option.... EMS Speedpost, which must have helped. It was the second most expensive option at 22 dollars extra! The shipping date was 6th July and it got here the next day. Hong Kong is about 12 hours ahead of London, so it couldn't have been quicker than that. If Katamari ever hits the DS I might pay extra again.... It is the Japanese version (not the Asian label) and I suppose stocks reached the suppliers a little early.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeback
              i don't like it as much as the first one...

I thought I would but it's just too similar. It's a good game but I'm just not feeling the buzz of the original.
              Yes it is very similar.... but I'm not disappointed in that!

Comment

Originally posted by Barnardo
                me too!
                all i wanted was a bigger game and i got it!

Comment

FFS. Anyone else still waiting for a play-asia copy to arrive?

Oh, and whats co-op like? I have a similarly damacy obsessed friend who is well up for some 2 player action, whenever it fecking arrives.

Comment

Yet, still waiting. Mine only shipped late last week though.

Comment

co-op has been explained on page 5 by karlidog.

Comment

Wow the F1 level was just bliss. I love the default music for it. The different handling and speed on that level added a whole new slant on it.

Some of you may already know this but on the level select screen you press triangle to make him the prince dance and sing. But if you hold it down and walk to his relatives they start dancing as well and you can form a congo trail. Little details like that just shows the care they put into it.

Comment

You guys are really making me want to pick this one up! Still got the original games music going around my head.

Would you say the soundtrack is worth picking up? I've heard it's more vocal this time.

Comment

Hurray, my copy just turned up whilst sat here at work, I now feel strangely ill...lol!

Can't wait to get home and play it and wtf is that free gift you get with it for...? Aah just read Barnado's earlier post...

Comment

Originally posted by Barnardo
                              I know what you mean, don't fix what isn't broken and all that. It's just that the original was such a unique and interesting game that by making a sequal it waters down the impact of the original (in my eyes). I just wish that namco had done something completely different but used the same engine.

Comment

My PA order just arrived too ... no free gift and I pre-ordered months ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X