No announcement yet.

Minna Daisuki Katamari Damacy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any quick navigation guide for (Are there one) options screen / memory card and which one is opening level.

Too tired to play it due to working hard in the heat today.

Comment

okay, as the prince, move with the stick, hold square to run, and press triangle near one of the prince's cousins to get them to follow you (no purpose to this, it's just fun ). circle to select stuff or switch to one of the cousins, as usual.

the house opens the save menu - left option is save, right option is load (i think) and i think the bottom one has something to do with importing katamari 1 data.

the bird takes you to music options, and the katamari 'lump' gives you the objects-collected list. flying into the sky and off the screen shows you the planets/constellations you've made. there are four (possibly five) screens in total, to the left and right (they wrap around). after you've found your first present in a level, there'll be a cake as well, which you use to dress the prince up with the items you've collected (there are two slots - blue for body, yellow (again, i think - i don't have the game in front of me) for head).

the singleplayer levels are represented by requests from katamari fans (the people scattered around) - when one of them has a new challenge for you (most have two in the end, i'm not sure whether some have more or less), they'll shout and a pinkish speech bubble turns up near 'em. press circle to head for the level - a few of the stages have unusual goals this time (most are either 'grow the katamari to a certain size within the time limit' or 'collect a certain number of items/reach a certain size as quickly as you can') - the main thing to remember is that some levels require you to take your completed katamari back to the person whose level it is, or you'll fail even if the ball's the right size. that's about it, really - after a while new people will stop appearing and you'll get second requests from everybody (some people shout when your score on their stage could be improved, too, so don't be surprised if you end up on a stage you've done already). i know it's possible to get a shooting star on some stages (in the original, this meant doing particularly well and unlocked a free play mode without a time limit - i've only got it on one stage so far, and i'm not sure how to start freeplay if that really is what you get) but i've no idea what the criteria are.

oh, and the black dog - you can't do this stage until the king tells you so (the dog starts shouting, too) - there just isn't enough stuff scattered around the solar system until you've made most of the planets from other levels. when you think you've enough in your ball, press square and hold both sticks forward to try.

Comment

Quirky and long review up here:

Comment

i started a thread a few months ago here asking if playing katamari damacy made peoples eyes water. Everyone said it didnt happen to them.

even if i blink alot, my eyes water around 5 out of 10 goes on any given level. I'm having the same situation with this version also.

i though i'd ask again as someone asked the same question regarding this version on the ign forums and got loads of replys by people saying it happens to them too.

so does minna daisuki katamari damacy make you cry?

Comment

Only tears of joy...

Sorry, couldn't resist. It's fine for me.

Comment

finally arrived from p-a today & I've put in a good 4 hours already, truely delightful so far, so much more varied than the first one - hard to put down as you're constantly wanting to see what's up next.

The scenes showing the King's youth are just hilarious, right little chav he was.

Comment

I've done all the stages that seem to be available to me now. None of the characters on the map screen are calling out to me anymore. I can replay the stages, but I just seem to be going up against my previous score?

There is a dog on the map now who is woofing at me, but his stage in space is pretty empty.

Any idea what I have to do next? There must be more stages or this is the smallest game in history!

Comment

I figured it out, I had played the dog stage but quit out when I realised I couldn't do it. I had to fail the stage properly to activate the next batch of normal levels.

Been playing it for hours since. What a game, a total joy! The scale of it all is just amazing, and once you start rolling up people it really is laugh out loud funny. Fantastic soundtrack too, a must buy for sure. I thought I recognised one of the tracks as Pizzicato Five, well it's almost a P5 track - it's by P5's vocalist Maki Nomiya.
                  Last edited by Kotatsu Neko; 15-07-2005, 23:01.

Comment

It really is absolute bloody genuis!

Played it for hours and hours last night and what joy it is, the whole package is just wonderful. I loved the orginal but this just takes it a step further. Music, gfx and design are sublime, I mean who thought up the 'menu' screen'...lol? It just makes me grin from ear to ear.

And as Kotatsu says the soundtrack is brilliant and being ordered as we speak, I especially love the small piece when the King throws yr Katamari up into the cosmos and it sounds like a hum but drifts off as 'Katamari...Damacy...', so chilled. That is going straight on my phone...

Right I'll try to stop gushing now but seriously ppl if you have the means to play, then buy, buy, buy....

Wonderful and refreshing...

p.s. Any idea what the significance is if you press [] after completing the stage (bottom left of the screen), as it seems to do a fruit machine reel and change the highlighted item...?
                    And I take it the hidden presents you find on a level are the different hats (I'm currently wearing a very nifty giraffe neck hat, I kid you not!)...?

Comment

Originally posted by Barnardo
                      There are levels in which you roll up "everything" or nearly...... the original game had unlockable eternal levels, making a katamari 300m plus! I haven't got this far in Minna Daisuki yet.
                      hehehe, so young ;P

It's possible to get the best part of a kilometer in 25 mins on the last level... some 850 meters, I think the best I got was 831m, or such!

I can't wait to get my hands on this!

Comment

The second challenge of the Elephant is to make 1000 m in the shortest time possible. I did it... but there is more to come, since the largest beings are still not reachable!

here is an English translation tracklisting from another forum of the music on the soundtrack CD. Yes.. it is "Katamari on the swing"! and "Baby Universe" The tracks with no artist are instrumental stuff etc. and isn't Kahimi Karie doing a great Bjork tribute?!

01. Introduction
                        02. Katamari on the Rock Vocal: DOKAKA
                        03. Overture ?
                        04. Katamari on the Swing Vocal: Matsuzaki Shigeru
                        05. Spinning Rock - Vocal: Illrime
                        06. Everlasting Love - Vocal: Arisa
                        07. Courageous Soul - Vocal: Kirinji
                        08. Beautiful Star
                        09. Angel's Rain - Vocal: YOU
                        10. Houston
                        11. Blue Orb - Vocal: Kahimi Karie
                        12. Katamari Holiday
                        13. Baby Universe - Vocal: Nomiya Maki
                        14. Disco Prince - Vocal: Niinuma Kenji
                        15. Red-Hot Savannah
                        16. The Royal Academy of Katamari
                        17. King of King's Song - Vocal: Miyazaki Tomu

Comment

Is the last level the elephant one? just did that and got to 1291m which was a fun sight of course.

As for my guy, whilst I've got a dozen or more prezzies now I'm still wearing the giraffe hat & rainbow feathered tail.

I look ace.

[edit] *looks up* ah, second challenge then.
                          Last edited by Tychom; 16-07-2005, 19:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Tychom
                            Is the last level the elephant one? just did that and got to 1291m which was a fun sight of course.

As for my guy, whilst I've got a dozen or more prezzies now I'm still wearing the giraffe hat & rainbow feathered tail.

I look ace.

[edit] *looks up* ah, second challenge then.
                            It seems the two elephant challenges are NOT the final levels. read on...

I read a faq over at gamefaqs. It is already very informative even at version 0.1!

In short...
                            *you do get to roll up the Sun successfully (Black Dog stage).
                            *Ending Video/Memorial option available/message from King.
                            *Then... 3 new Fans appear! Collect EVERY cousin for first new fan to offer his mission....
                            Last edited by Barnardo; 17-07-2005, 07:55.

Comment

The Katamari Damacy faq answered a lot more of my questions..
                              I had wondered why the fans continue to call out to me even after I completed both their missions. Apparently they call out again because the size of the katamari-star you have made is not big enough to achieve the rolling up of the sun on the Black Dog (Cosmos) challenge, so you must improve your score in that level some time...
                              In the data House, the load of your original Katamari Damashii file (3rd option) will add all those stars to the cosmos, and you can roll them up as well during the Black Dog stage. The faq doesn't say whether that makes your task easier... it ought to..

------

Comment

Isn't the hardest level that one which ends when you collect a Cow or a Bear...? You have ten minutes to maximise the katamari, but I haven't got close to using all that time. It really is a stealth challenge!

Comment

Working...
                                X