Taito Memories vol 1 (joukan)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taito Memories vol 1 (joukan)

Well i managed to play it today for a wee while and its one of the best retro collections available thus far and i hope the UK version is the same as listed on play.com as it will blow this one out of the water

anyway back on track

it has a lovely intro showing all the games included and defaults to a screen where the games are in chronological order - this can be change with a flick of the shoulder buttons, i did notice that some games are highlighted in Blue and they are unselectable at the moment which is a shame as bubble bobble and metal black are 2 such games which really wanted some play time today

when you choose your desired game up comes a little page with loads of japanese text which must be the history of the game and you can also check out more information by clicking start and selecting another option - from this page you can also change the buttons, difficulty and characters etc

to 'put' credits into the game its a matter of flicking the L2 button

so far i've only played Rastan, elevator action returns and darius gaiden which are all absolutely superb and bang on - love the music on Rastan

Originally posted by buster_broon
    Well i managed to play it today for a wee while and its one of the best retro collections available thus far and i hope the UK version is the same as listed on play.com as it will blow this one out of the water
    Got some preview build the other day and while it's not perfect (they haven't got the original Rainbow Islands music on it, and many of the games weren't ready) all the mentioned games will be available.

Have to agree, it's looking like one of the best collections ever (more so than the two japanese ones)

Comment

Originally posted by Strider

Have to agree, it's looking like one of the best collections ever (more so than the two japanese ones)
      Pardon my non attention to the ins and out of this, but is the UK version a compilation of the two, and is it missing some games??

Comment

How does Elevator Action Returns compare to the Saturn version? It's one of my favourite games on the Saturn

Comment

I've had this for a couple of days and the locked Bubble Bobble and others is really pissing me off. First thing I wanted to do is jump to BB but couldn't.

Anyone know how to unlock them yet?

Good news is, I think the game save High Scores from each game.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezer
            How does Elevator Action Returns compare to the Saturn version? It's one of my favourite games on the Saturn
            its absolutely arcade perfect which means i guess its better than the saturn version

not that you can see it - maybe not as much slow down in some areas

Elevator action returns is one of the games that made me buy a Japanese Saturn

Comment

The Saturn version is arcade perfect isn't it? I have it and have played it a fair bit on MAME and it looks identical to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ono
                I'm assuming it has something to do with the amount of hours played.

In the options there is a timer which appears to only go up when you're actually playing

I only got this today so I haven't played it much. Anyone managed to rack up a few hours on this? Anything unlocked yet?

I wanna play kikikaikai >:|

Comment

is it just me that finds this a ****ty way to put out a collection - you buy these collections so you can instantly play the games, not be forced to play through some of the games you might not want to put the hours into in order to open up your favs

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09
                    Pardon my non attention to the ins and out of this, but is the UK version a compilation of the two, and is it missing some games??
                    It's an all-new compilation. It;s missing some good stuff like Elevator Action Returns and Metal Black, but has plenty of exclusives. Here's the list...

Space Invaders
                    Phoenix
                    Space Invaders Part II
                    Colony 7
                    Electric YoYo
                    Jungle Hunt
                    Zoo Keeper
                    Elevator Action
                    Great Swordsman
                    Sea Fighter Poseidon
                    Bubble Bobble
                    Gladiator
                    Scramble Formation
                    Exzisus
                    Plump Pop
                    Operation Wolf
                    Rainbow Islands
                    Rastan
                    Super Qix
                    New Zealand Story
                    Operation Thunderbolt
                    Battle Shark
                    Continental Circus
                    Plotting (AKA Flipull)
                    Volfied
                    Aqua Jack
                    Ninja Kids
                    Space Gun
                    ThunderFox
                    Double Axle
                    Dungeon Magic
                    Rayforce
                    Tube It
                    Bubble Symphony
                    Darius Gaiden
                    Pop N Pop

I've seen the code and they are all on there. There may be a few others as well...

Edit - Hmmm, I sure there was gonna be a maximum of 25. I'll check when I go back to work on Monday...

Comment

Originally posted by John Beaulieu
                      is it just me that finds this a ****ty way to put out a collection - you buy these collections so you can instantly play the games, not be forced to play through some of the games you might not want to put the hours into in order to open up your favs
                      tis true

they have kept the more popular titles hidden - which explains why bubble bobble is locked, suppose it means that will put some time into games like

alpine ski

but 1 game was a surprise to me

i've always liked an arcade game called growl - you play an eco-indiana jones and you have to save animals which in turn help you out - nice scrolling beat em up and its on this collection under its Japanese name of runark

just a lovely pleasant surprise

Comment

Thats decent on Megadrive too.

No Elevator action Returns on the pal version tho.........how Dale Winton is that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ono
                          Just unlocked a game called Syvalion

on the timer i have about 1hr 30mins so it might be a time release mechanism

but i also completed elevator action returns so you may have to complete games as well

but.......

for the game timer to move you actually have to play the games, i tried

just having the game loaded and the timer didnt move on
                          loading a rom and leaving it and the time didnt move on
                          added credits and you've guessed it the timer doesnt move on

i think its clever enough to know when you are actually playing the games on the compilation

Comment

Originally posted by Strider
                            Got some preview build the other day and while it's not perfect (they haven't got the original Rainbow Islands music on it, and many of the games weren't ready) all the mentioned games will be available.
                            They changed the music on the PS1 Bubble Bobble/Rainbow Islands pack as well. I guess it's probably a copyright thing with Somewhere Over the Rainbow.

Are they putting a 60Hz mode into the UK version, do you know? An annoying number of these retro packs don't have one when they do the PAL release, which kind of kills any chance they have of being arcade perfect (they either run slow or, worse, skip frames to keep the speed up).

Comment

will Rainbow islands feat. the original 'Over the Rainbow' theme music?? as i know on the Saturn/PSX double packs the license had run out for the music and Tatio werent prepared to pay again?!
                              3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Working...
                              X