(PC) Day of Defeat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FreelancePolice
    the rifle has been tinkered with but seems more realistic now, i can't snipe as well without going into the scope from a distance now and it doesn't seem as powerful still love playing as that class though!
    have they done another patch or do you mean these are changes since the original?

I find the fact that they have taken both the rifle butt/bayonet and the pistol away from the rifle classes intensely irritating as they're now left practically defenceless in close combat. So now the classes which needed those the most (ie rifles) now don't have them but the gunners do! grrrrrrr
    The inability to prime their nades is annoying too...

I also find i get stuck on some walls now and then, not permanently but it's just when you're backpeddling from something this new 'realism' means you get stuck on any little bit of scenery leading to many annoying deaths when you're right next to a door People also seem to get in the way more and be worse at teamplay (just had a game where my team failed to hold a single flag at least 5 rounds in a row ffs! we lost about 5 times in as many minutes...)

however, it's still king and I do have fun in the majority of games.... I'm going to go play some 'old' dod to get me a bit more mellow for a source sesh later

nice games guys, I think we should all have [ntsc-uk] infront of our names, clan style

Comment

Yeh I do that for my name, its easier that way if we do it to see who we're playing with, especially if someones on and you dont know they are NTSC-uk.

I've never played the original so I cant compare the differences but I do know that DoD: Source is really really ace!

I wish there was a melee button though, as I like to go sniper and you cant melee with that which is annoying when someone sneaks up on you!!!

Anyone wanna go on now for a bit?

Comment

nice game just now, shame about the lag on Flash...

sorry I had to go, another little game tomorrow no doubt

Comment

Just played a bit more for a few hours. Flash and Avalanche are well the best maps and the only ones people play now which is good!

I'm getting rather handy with the sniper rifle too now.

Comment

Anyone up for a game?

I'm going in in 5 mins or so.

Comment

i'll be playing for a little bit now, see you on maybe

Comment

Will be on shortly

EDIT: ARSE CANDLES - my steams foobed, so Im reinstalling, might not be on :S
                Last edited by Zanza; 04-10-2005, 22:30.

Comment

I'm going in for a quick blast (played **** yesterday as Oh! My Car! can confirm!) will try an do better today.

Comment

non playing now ? get on xfire!!

Comment

too tired! I already played for about 4 hours today >_<

tomorrow, maybe... if I don't go pub instead

ps - I got invited into a clan! I play the original for about 5 years and no luck then first week in source job done. We shall see how this pans out

Comment

Ooh look at you!

In my CS days I was offered some clan places but I never had the time to commit. Same now really but if there was ever a ntsc clan I'd be well up for it and try and make the time!

Did a lot better yesteday, topped the sausage noshers chart. Its getting slightly annoying though playing with people who just rush to a spot for massive firefights. Would be really nice to play the game in a more considered manner.

Also played on some new maps that are doing the rounds... what UTTER TOSH. Steer well clear of them as my only advice.

Comment

Been playing this a lot over the last few days and it's great (even on my utter gash pc!). Looking forward to some new maps though.

What server are you chaps playing on?

Comment

Get yourself on xfire is the best bet for finding out which servers people are on.

I don't use the same servers all the time now that new maps are making an appearance. I prefer the original maps for now until some killer community ones start appearing. Which from the looks of things is going to be a loooong way off.

Comment

i don't think good custom maps are that far off. Apparently they're releasing a new SDK next week for dod as well as remaking Kalt, though I could think of better maps to remake. Although I used to hate Anzio I don't mind it now so it might not be all bad.

Comment

We'll see I guess but the current 'new' ones are arse.

Good game earlier, though you could really see how teamwork pays off if you're using it! Our lot just werent listening at all and we got spanked quite a few times! It seemed that it was just you, me and some other bod who were actually trying to coordinate our attacks? In the end it was hard work just stemming the tide.

Comment

Working...
                                X