Midway Arcade Treasures 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Afterbirth
    Yeah, the Mame version is poor too but i'm sure the arcade version ran at 60fps and Midway's version doesn't.
    I'm sure that both this and Race Driving ran with a full framerate (hence the fact they were so smooth).

I could be wrong but they were definetely smoother. I only wanted those two games to run well. I've got the other stuff on other formats so i'm a bit gutted given that Midway were having a bit of a roll (IE they released a GOOD game or two this year!).
    They ran at 60fps internally, but only drew around 20fps. Maybe they seemed smooth at the time, with little to compare to?

Comment

I've had a bit more of a play with this now, and tried playing it with headphones on.

The sound on Rush 2049 is messed up. Even when I put it on Mono, the right speaker kept crackling on and off with the sound. Only happens with this game.

The engine sound also has this thing about completely disappearing after every race.

Very buggy. It's a very bad shame... I love the games to death but the more I play them, the more I realise how inaccurate and buggy a few of the games are.

It's enough to dishearten me.

---

Gonna play with the PS2 version and hope it's different...
      Last edited by Silvergun X; 19-10-2005, 15:45.

Comment

for rush 2049, the Dreamcast ver stuttered when u turned corners as well when you had the camera outside of the car, however in 1st person view the DC ver was 60fps solid, dunno if that matches up to this but jus thought I'd add it as it was something that always bugged me with the DC port.

Comment

Originally posted by Smegaman
          for rush 2049, the Dreamcast ver stuttered when u turned corners as well when you had the camera outside of the car, however in 1st person view the DC ver was 60fps solid, dunno if that matches up to this but jus thought I'd add it as it was something that always bugged me with the DC port.
          Yes, it is the same.

Comment

Working...
          X