X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there quests like in a rpg?

And is it a game where you explore or is it quite linear

Comment

No quests, you just follow the plot. At the moment there is a bit of exploring to do as I'm in a scary town where I needed to find particular people and places.

Comment

I've always been a big fan of HP Lovecraft and used to play the Cthulhu RPG 20 years ago . The game is great so far. I was waiting to be turned off by half arsed controls and shonky graphics but its all really good so far, superb mood and superb detailed graphics, effects and locations. infact reminds me of halflife 2 so far
        Last edited by MACO; 27-10-2005, 19:40.

Comment

Yeah same here, especially with it being a budget title.

Anyway, played a bit more this evening. The health system is pure genius! If you take a couple of hits, either you've been clobbered with something heavy or you've been shot, you will begin to lose blood and if you don't treat the wounds sharpish it quickly affects your vision and movement. Also if you fall from a height you can break your legs (not a nice sound at all) which obviously affects your movement.

You also have to keep an eye on the sanity of your character. There was one particular section which sent the guy completely bonkers! His breathing became irratic and he kept thinking he was hearing things. It really puts you on edge.

The game has just been getting better and better and I've not even picked up a firearm!

Comment

just seen through the window! Also that moth that climbs the wall and flies round the candle and casts shadows is just beautifully animated in the poorhouse.Infact there has been loads of great little details in here. An Edge 4 wtf!!!

Comment

Bloody hell yeah, I just read that EDGE review. They're so far off the mark it's not even funny.

I'm actually a bit stuck now, but there's going to be no solutions out there as it's not even officially released until tomorrow

*EDIT*

Worked it out...just opened my eyes!
              Last edited by MonkeyWrench; 27-10-2005, 22:48.

Comment

I was holding off getting this, but I think you've convinced me. I was wondering if it was like a modern Realms of the Haunted...

I know a few of the people who worked on it, but I think they're sleeping off the crunch time as I can't reach them

---
                S0L
                ---

Comment

Anyone know why it's had a couple of delays ?

Comment

Publisher problems I think.

Comment

Yup - seems they've run into problems getting paid. Picked this up at lunch though so I'm looking forward to giving it a go

---
                      S0L
                      ---

Comment

Another review is online:

Not every critic is the same. Metacritic offers aggregated game reviews from the top critics, and our own METASCORE pinpoints at a glance how each game was reviewed.

A respectable -A

Comment

Originally posted by Unwell Cat
                          Anyone know why it's had a couple of delays ?
                          One of those 'development hell' games. Apparently vital team members were assigned to different games at key points of development, which really screwed up the schedules. From what I hear the publisher saw it had a potentially decent game on its hands recently, and paid a group of lasting members to work overtime until the game was ready.

Maybe internet bull****, mind

Comment

I just want to echo the comments on here so far - it got a good eurogamer review - I paid my 18 quid to Play on Thursday and it arrived today - the couple of hours i've played so far have been very compelling with excellent production values - hopefully this will at least enjoy some cult success...
                            it successfully expands upon the FPS element from silent hill 4 - and i'm a certified fan of SH1-3... (bit dissapointed with 4)

Comment

Glad at least some people have picked this up. I feel it's going to sneak under a lot of people's radars.

I'm currently around 65% the way through it and it's still continuing to impress.

Comment

Hmmm, looked pretty good when I saw one of the guys reviewing it, my pick this up tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                                X