No announcement yet.

Animal Crossing: Wild World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a bit of a can of worms deciding which holidays to include and which to not. I think they made the right decision. Surely they'll keep a lot of the visual themes to inspire its own holidays, but maybe change the name and dates around to avoid offence?

Comment

The characters name is Bunnie.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang

Also, the game uses a real world calendar. Real months, real times.
        Obviously, I mean it would be pretty silly to invent new names for months etc. Taking it to extremes they should have their own language too!

At the end of the day I don't think the removal of the odd holiday here or there makes any difference. The game is still great.

Comment

3 days in and this game is starting to become an obsession.

I've even considered using my registered domain purely as an Animal Crossing diary.

Comment

Lol, it is addictive but is considered that you can't play it more than 15 mins, but since this animal crossing has online play you could be stuck on te screen for hours.

Comment

Aye, precisely. If you get bored of your own town or talking to your own npcs, just visit another person's town!

There's always been stuff to do. Like right now i'm getting Kody and Gladys some shirts and clothing. I got a Viking Helmet from Kody and some mummy head wrap from Gladys. xD

By the way, I need your guys droploids! Here's a list of the ones that I currently have:

Tall Percoloid
              Mini Strumboid
              Tall Strumboid
              Mega Nebuloid
              Gongoid
              Tall Droploid
              Slim Quazoid

If you have any that aren't on that list, please could you donate them to me? I'll pay you in bells and maybe i'll pull your weeds or water your plants or something.

Comment

What do you mean you can't play more than 15 mins? I've spent hours planting, digging, fishing etc.

On the holiday thing, can of worms or not, it was done for the GC version so it can be done. It's simply about whether they wanted to put the effort in or not. Kotatsu, you seem to be forgetting that parallels with the real world, hence the correct seasons, dates, times, weather etc have been part of what Animal Crossing was all about. Why else would we have the New Years Eve countdown? It's not its own universe. As was pointed out before, the decision seems to be more based on localisation times, which would be a cost issue, not whether it was offensive.

And, yes, the game is still great. Probably my favourite game of 2005 actually. I've had more enjoyment playing this than all of your Colossi, Gods of War and so on. Who would have thought it?

Did the Gamecube version have ways of decorating the outdoors? That's one of the only things I'd love to see in a sequel. You know, like having a little garden with chairs, barbeque etc!

Comment

right you bastards, i've ordered this about 10 minutes ago after fruitlessly searching for it again in a few stores... i'll need to acquire a dongle or new router to get this online, is the dongle a complete twat to get running like i've read on here/rllmuk??

Comment

Does anyone have any white furniture? Any at all.

Olivia keeps bugging me for some.

Oh, and apparently Jay, you're a festival freak. Two people have told me you give off a 'festival freak' vibe.

Kody says 'Maybe we could become sparring partners and have chats with our fists!' and a little heart pops up above his head.

Awwww.
                    Last edited by Silvergun X; 02-01-2006, 15:40.

Comment

If anyone finds a jagged shirt could I buy it off you? One of my animals has been going on about wanting one for days.

Silvergun, I have a mini sputnoid and a mega timpanoid. If you want them, let me know when you are online and i'm sure we can come to an arrangement! I can't see your details but mine are:

Code: 3350 6932 3861
                      Name: Pixie
                      Town: Meeru

Mrs D

Comment

What do you mean you can't play more than 15 mins? I've spent hours planting, digging, fishing etc.

Did the Gamecube version have ways of decorating the outdoors? That's one of the only things I'd love to see in a sequel. You know, like having a little garden with chairs, barbeque etc!
                        Well, according to edge it can't be played for more than 15mins. I've also played hours on end doing the same types of things. From what i remember you could put signs up around your town and the gyroid and you could advertise items your selling on the gyroid outside your house. I think those aren't that useful on the gamecube version, it would've been great on this one though.

Comment

lol my penguin hopper wants to take over the town

Comment

I think some of us are proving Edge wrong on this one, Hosain

So, I'm a festival freak eh? That sounds good to me! Yeah, some of Kody's quotes are great. Some of the best ones happen when they meet up with another character though - some of their conversations have me in stitches. I heard a great one between Rod and Alphonso about who would win a race and it was pure genius.

Comment

Some of the best ones happen when they meet up with another character though - some of their conversations have me in stitches. I heard a great one between Rod and Alphonso about who would win a race and it was pure genius.
                              Animals talking to each other... that wasn't in the GC version. Sounds class

There's great potential for some 'The Office'-style embarrassment situations

Comment

Anyone with a good turnip price?

Comment

Working...
                                X