No announcement yet.

Animal Crossing: Wild World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, I'm around! Bapyton is open now, but I've lost the mother cat because Lyle is around today. Try coming anyway.

Comment

lol shouldn't you be doing 'honeymoon' activities

Comment

I have arrived!!

Got ACWW a couple of days ago but there doesn`t seem to be much going on atm. There have been a couple of new fellas moved into my town but other than that all there is to do is fish. Already paid my mortgage with the fish I`ve caught. A really rude giraffe was in my town yesterday but fotunately it seems to have ****ed off.

Is there anything else to look forward to??

Comment

Yay! I've fully upgraded my house! I've bought the full Kings costume(1.33 mill) as well and still have 4.8 mill in the bank.

Comment

Mooblins gates are open

Comment

Anyone else still need to catalog the Arwing, Master Sword and Triforce?

Hey Oblivion, did you talk to Kody at all? He's talking about you.

"The other day, I ran into a kid named Mark. It was the weirdest thing 'cause the kid gave off a 'pirate' vibe. Well, that's the kind of kid that could keep up with me! King Squad-Thrust!"

Once again, people aren't shutting up about Jay.

"I ran into Jay the other day and we had tea together. Has that kid always been such a festival freak?"
              Last edited by Silvergun X; 07-01-2006, 16:00.

Comment

Actually, i'll no longer be doing any catalogging for the next few days as i've started a competition.

I've sent out a bottle mail - The recipient will get a prize. Instructions are on the letter.

Comment

Originally posted by VonManc
                  I have arrived!!

Got ACWW a couple of days ago but there doesn`t seem to be much going on atm. There have been a couple of new fellas moved into my town but other than that all there is to do is fish. Already paid my mortgage with the fish I`ve caught. A really rude giraffe was in my town yesterday but fotunately it seems to have ****ed off.

Is there anything else to look forward to??
                  I'm sorta wondering the same. I've not paid anything off yet, but am kinda pottering about gathering fruit and fishing. Are we missing anything?

Comment

This is basically what has happened over the last two days..............

Day 1

Got taxi to my town
                    Met Tom Nook & got my new gaff
                    Did some work for Tom
                    Bought fishing rod
                    Did some fishing
                    Gave some fish to the museum
                    Ran a couple of errands
                    Talked to folk

Day 2

Talked to some folk
                    New fella has moved to town
                    Ran some errands
                    Went fishing
                    Met Gracie the rude giraffe at townhall
                    Did a design for the Able Sisters
                    Did some more fishing
                    Met the Mayor
                    Did some more fishing
                    Paid mortgage
                    Shook every tree in my town for cash bags and bee stings!

Day 3 (today)

Got bollocked by a Mole for turning the power off on my DS without saving
                    Met Lyle and paid him 3000 bells for health insurance
                    Tom Nooks closed for rebuild
                    My house is now bigger
                    Did some fishing
                    Talked to some folk
                    Giraffe has ****ed off
                    New fella has moved in
                    Did a couple of errands
                    Did some fishing
                    Changed my flag at the gate to a large penis

Now that brings us upto date. Like dlittley said, have we missed owt...... or does it take a few days and a few more peeps to move in for it to start getting interesting??

Comment

your not missing anything as far as i can see. thats pretty much the whole 'game' there.

i normally start off by taking a walk around town to see if theres anybody special about. water any flowers that need it, dig up any fossils....donate or sell them. get some coffee, talk to the able sisters and see if theres anything good to buy from them or nook. after that do a bit of fishing or pick some fruit to make some cash. write letters or talk to villagers. and thats it, of course you can do all these things in every town you visit too.

persoanally i see the game going through various stages.
                      first seemed to be getting each fruit growing, which involved lots of visiting and trading.
                      second seems to be where most people are at now...making cash.
                      after money stops being an issue, i guess people will start to move onto collecting and remodelling which is what i see to be the core of the game.
                      and where things will get really interesting, seeing what each person is doing to make their town and house individual.

Comment

Been playing some today, and its really really drawing me back for more now. I think I 'get' the fact that thats all there is to it. Its just nice to chill out and potter about. Its all about customising your town/house, and collecting items. Even when theres nothing really happening, I still love it more and more.

Comment

I miss online DS so much. I'm still playing Animal Crossing, but havn't been able to get the wifi adapter working since going live with the 360. It's almost enough to make me consider going wireless altogether, and pray that it helps. My attempts to fix it has grounded the 360 from online for the time being aswell.

I too are in the money making phase of the game, collecting fruit to sell every other day, fishing the waters extensivly, but it feels so lonely now. Somehow though, I think the game knew this was going to happen, as days before . . .

Originally posted by Silvergun X
                          I've now had three different animals in my town say something along the lines of 'The other day, I ran into Newt. He's such a lonely boy!'

Lonely boy?!
                          Hope to be back online soon. In the meantime, I got some fishing to do.

PS. Silvergun, I have a mega plinkoid and a mega fizzoid for you when I get back online if your interested.
                          Last edited by Concrete donkey; 07-01-2006, 19:45.

Comment

I'll check my list and see if I need them. Thank you!

Comment

Egbert the rooster in my town decided that I needed a nickname.......... V-Bot!

Every bastard in town now calls me V-Bot, even the new fella! Very annoying! ft:

Comment

Originally posted by VonManc
                                Egbert the rooster in my town decided that I needed a nickname.......... V-Bot!

Every bastard in town now calls me V-Bot, even the new fella! Very annoying! ft:
                                Hahaha, they've started calling me V-Bot aswell.

I didn't mind it so much when it was just Elmer calling me V-Bot, but when everyone else had to jump on the bandwagon too! Ah well. I made up for it by giving them humourous greetings.

VonManc, as Fuddle has said that's pretty much the game, it's hard to explain what makes it so addictive and makes me keep playing.

I started off thinking that too, wondering if I was missing something, until I actually looked back at the past few days and realised that i'd almost religiously been waking up early every morning just to check my mail, or just to buy one of the animals in my town a piece of furniture she'd been begging me for for ages.

If there's nothing for me to do, i'll write some animals some letters just to see the kind of responses i'd get, maybe send them some apples or something... Or send off a bottle mail, or order something from my catalog at nook's, or do a little bit of fishing and donate the fish to the museum.

Yet i'm still hooked.

I actually felt quite sad when Kid Cat moved out of town. I really liked him.

Comment

Working...
                                X