No announcement yet.

Peter Jackson's King Kong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to be honest concept rent or do the game 10 day exchange or you may regret it!

Comment

King Kong the game is very average except for the Kong sections.

I feel rather cheated to pay a whooping ?50 for it considering the game is all about clearing bushes out of the way by gathering fire and burn it out to move on before; oh! Have I seen this before? An unavoidable bush and a stone pillar with fire burning before me? Done.

I need a piece of wood to turn the wooden pillars at the door to raise the wooden boundary? Oh well, I better backtrack and spend 10 minutes looking for a piece of wood until it was right beside the door all along. I continue down the level to find an unavoidable bush and a stone pillar with fire burning before me? Have I seen this before?

Poor game structure? Absolutely.

1000 gamer-points gained though.

Comment

I've just started playing this on my 360. I played the PC demo and thought it was awful, but for some reason I decided to give this a chance anyway. (maybe because I loved the movie so much)

The graphics are interesting... clearly a major upgrade from the other versions in the texture department. Much higher res and with plenty of normal mapping and specular effects. Lovely light shaft effects too, which sometimes create stunningly beautiful scenes. And yet at the same time the characters look poor, are badly animated, and the geometry in the scenery shows it's PS2 roots too often. It's wonderfully organic all the same though, a world apart from the corridors of other FPS games.

The game is also interesting... I like the idea of using bait to lure enemies away, and the idea of using spears as ammo is limited. But burning bushes and finding wooden keys does get old quick, and is used far too often.

Plenty of bugs too, and I'm not talking about the centipedes. Twice last night I had to restart a level due to NPCs getting stuck. Once one was spinning on the spot endlessly and I was not allowed to leave the area, and another time just rooted to the edge of a platform unable to move. The rush to launch....

It seems like a decent game all the same. Some good bits, some bad. It dares to be different too which is always a good thing.

I haven't had any problems with it being too dark, if anything it's rather washed out and light. I'm playing through VGA on a 20" W/S LCD.

Comment

you know after my little rant one thing did look impressive to me was the brontosauruses(the things with long necks, if thats what you call them) all walking past, im tempted to rent it on ps2 to see how it fared doing all this to make a fair comment on the 360 version. that guiding the spear by clicking the analogue stick where it pust your hand on screen as a guide is a joke! its harder to hit when you do that!

Comment

I completed the 360 version a couple of days ago. Overall I enjoyed the game very much and it's a solid 7.5/10 for me.

I don't understand why people have moaned about the graphics, I feel that the game looks awesome and has a very good level of detail particularly on Kong and the dinos. I've played the Xbox and PS2 versions briefly and I'm glad that Ubisoft didn't take the easy route and make a Gun style multiplatform game (i.e. all identical to the PS2 rev). My only issue is that there was a bit of slowdown in a couple of the Kong sections (relatively minor though) and I had the game freeze on me once with the Brontos!

The controls for the FPS sections are spot on and the inaccuracy of the aiming etc. do well to convey the feeling of being ****scared in a jungle with all kinds of dodgy creatures around.

In terms of the exploration I felt that there was too much finding levers and setting fire to bushes, then again I haven't seen the film yet so maybe they had to put it in to keep in line with the plot.

The part in the city was particularly nuts, it's so satisfying sending cars flying

Comment

How does the gamecube version stack up against the Xbox version?

And how is the controller implemented?

Thanks,

Gunrock

Comment

To anyone playing this on the 360 - how do the achievements unlock? Is it as you do them, or at the end of the game? I only ask as I think I've done what's needed for the foodchain achievement (where you distract enemies by throwing them something to eat) but it hasn't given me the achievement!

Thanks
                Tony

Comment

Oh good, something to play now I've (almost) exhausted Shadow of the Collussus. Need a pick me up as that game is so lonely and depressing. Really enjoyed Kong too although a bit longer than it should have been and Jack Black was poorly cast.

Comment

I just played the demo from market place and I'm not impressed, the kong beat em up section was utter pants with about 2 moves, and the FPS bit, well I had no idea what to do, it wouldnt let me talk to those guys, i looked for levers and then shot down those two birds and couldnt find out where to go next. Power off!

Comment

Just got the Gamecube version for Valentine's day from me missus. Aw, bless her!

Comment

Originally posted by erhgiez
                        I just played the demo from market place and I'm not impressed, the kong beat em up section was utter pants with about 2 moves, and the FPS bit, well I had no idea what to do, it wouldnt let me talk to those guys, i looked for levers and then shot down those two birds and couldnt find out where to go next. Power off!

Hahaha! I thought i was the only one, it truly sucks doesn't it? There is no where to go!

Comment

The game is pure ****e I agree. How on earth it got 9 out of 10's is boyond me. It only has 4 main solutions to it.

BURN BUSHES.
                          DISTRACT SPIDERS
                          LIFT UP PILLAR (as kong)
                          FIND DOOR LEVER USE DOOR.

utter tripe.

Comment

Yup,the demo is completely broken! Kong section is fine but the V Rex section is borged.There's supposed to be two people on the drawbridge that trigger an event,yet in the demo they are non-existent

Nice one Ubi!

Comment

Got to say that I've played it as far as

distracting Rex so the girl can signal for Kong (lighting the beacons)

but haven't played any further. It's not in the same standard as BG&E but it does have a certain charm. More time in development perhaps? It will be interesting to see Mancell's (is that the guy?) next title. Anyway back to surfing and then on to God of War (bought two days ago. Fantastic!).

Comment

Just completed this on the 360. I found it incredibly enjoyable and actually ended up buying the movie as a result (although the film is rather crap, I enjoyed the game storyline alot more).

Comment

Working...
                                X