No announcement yet.

Peter Jackson's King Kong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently received the 360 version as a present, and it's not a game I had much hope for, but it has really surprised me by being a very nice game. The visuals are really effective, the sound is good, and the gameplay is very gripping.

I really rate this game, it's one of the best movie-licenses I've played!

Comment

It is quite good fun in small doses, but if you go from CoD2 to this, the framerate slump is rather shocking.

Comment

I am strongly of the opinion that the game conveys a better sense of atmosphere and adventure than the movie itself.

Game >> Movie

Comment

exactly! I was so disappointed when the movie didnt match the game. This must be a first.

Comment

Well, the movie does have Andy Serkis' head being eaten by a huge leech. The game doesn't have that.

Comment

I was looking for this is Live, I take it they have got rid of the playable demo now?

Comment

Yeah, it was completly glitched if I remember rightly.

Comment

Originally posted by Myth
                  Yeah, it was completly glitched if I remember rightly.
                  The Kong part was alright, just a sound drop out at the end, but in the human part the two NPCs didn't follow you out of the tunnel and there was no V-Rex to distract.

Comment

Picked this up on 360 for a bargainous ?9.99 the other day and I've blasted through it in 2 evenings. Quite a good game I reckon, barring the New York bit which is thankfully short. I assume glitches have been dealt with in the update (patch) which I installed at first run time.

I like the fact you can replay levels for a 'score' once you've completed the game and even has a decent challenge in there as you are deducted points for killing creatures with bullets or spears, essentially leaving you to 'stealth' or bamboozle your way around the rascals for the highest score.

There's also unlockables (including an alternate ending) which can only be accessed on the game's website or after a certain score has been attained. Another couple of evenings sorted then

Comment

Where did you pick it up for this price?

Comment

It's been ?15 at HMV (instore and online) on and off for last three months, wasn't a bad game, though, having played through it once, have no urge to go back to it.

Comment

A second-hand shop Welrain, although you'll find gamestation are doing it (also secondhand) for 12.99

Comment

its 9.99 on play.com ltic.

Hope that helps!

Comment

Ah somebody looking to play KK - Well worth a one time playthrough if you've got an HDTV - looks absolutely amazing in places.

Comment

I quite enjoyed playing through it despite the bugs.

I too was dissapointed with the move after playing the game.

Easy 1000 points as well

Comment

Working...
                                X