No announcement yet.

SOCOM: FireTeam Bravo (PSP NTSC-U)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure. Just remember the single-player game is reasonibly different than the online game.

Playing the Instant Actions on Admrial is a bit annoying due to the respawning it does (sometimes right behind you in a one entrance room), the two lower levels are quite fun. The missions are actually enjoyable, though it does feel like you need two more teammates at times.

Online the game breaks down to positioning and stealth. The auto-target means you cant hide in the open behind a bush, but around corners of solid walls does. The better players still come out on top, as IMO positioning and learning the maps still trumps running and gunning and hopeing your autotarget picks them up. Not that any online game is free of issues, like when you're sure you should have killed them with those two clips of ammo...

But yeah, jump on!

Comment

Got my PSP and SOCOM FTB yesterday. I`ve only had chance to play the 1st two missions and I love this game, well pleased!

The graphics are great although I found the controls a bit of a pain in the arse at 1st, getting used to them now though.

Going to have a go online soon. I`ll be in touch, Zed

Comment

ooooo... might have to get this meself then

Comment

Thread Necromancy!

Just finished the single player campaign on Fireteam Bravo 3. Really good fun despite:

1. No need to use any of the fancy stuff like claymores
          2. No need to give your teammates orders
          3. A 'boss' battle that turned out to not require me to do anything other than stay alive for a couple of minutes. Spoilered details below for those interested and who know they'll never play the game. Campaign took about 8 hours.
          4. Things like this "We gotta get up there before he escapes! Time is of the essence!". Turns out time is not of the essence. You can take as long as you like doing anything.

Despite that I really enjoyed it and am super stoked for Socom 4 on PS3.

Gonna play this on hardest difficulty to see if it forces me to be a bit more tactical and stuff. Not played the online due to the stupid voucher system (bought game off a dude on here for a fiver so can't complain really I suppose).

'Boss' battle details

Get to top of building, attack helicopter appears and there are loads of RPGs lying around. So, you gotta take the chopper down with RPGs yes? Er, no. After a certain amount of time a cut-scene shows the copper taking some damage, game resumes, a minute later another cut-scene showing more damage, a minute after that the chopper explodes.

Comment

Working...
          X