No announcement yet.

NFS: Most Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm - Must've missed that demo when I was dloading earlier - will grab this for a pop later.

More free demos please MS.

Comment

I havent play this yet on my 360 but I have played the demo on the PC. Am I right in thinking your not free to roam around like in NFS:Underground. I loved that about Underground, kinda like GTA but all about street racing. Is Most Wanted individual races? If so, then why oh why did EA do this, clearly freedom is the way to go.

M.

Comment

Just got this on the 360, have only played it a short while but so far so-so. The races aren't that special - not even close to Burnout4 (it's closest rival, I'd say. This is pretty far removed from other NFS games). That said, the police stuff is really quite intense.

My only real encounter other than a race involving the police is part of the challenge mode - survive a chase for a minute then get away clean. I managed the minute easily, but it took a further five minutes to be able to fully lose them. Every time my meter was close to being a success, someone spotted me and I had to leg it again. The chatter is really nicely done so far, too.

Out, and the cutscenes are superb. So outragiously poor that they are incredibly
        entertaining

The story is a bit of a mess, though. I beat someone who I think was rival number 15, having "amped" up the wage by 'inviting' the police along, but since then there hasn't been a mention of the race I completely pwned on!

Graphics aren't that good on the 360, but there are some nice touches. Coming out of a tunnel into sunlight has a completely OTT HDR effect, which is quite nice (and blinding, natch) and the over all look is solid. The framerate is smooth for the most part but it does seem to stutter every so often, just the once each time. The engine feels quite 'lumpy' in this regard.

It's a blatent port and EA should (and probably could) have done so much more for the 360. The achievements seem to be completely tied into beating each rival, which defeats the point of the Achievements system, imo. Why not have a "pursuit for 5 minutes" award, etc? Much more interesting.

I traded in my original Xbox to get this game, which is quite an extreme thing to do...but hey, I'll get more use out of the game these days!

A nice alternative to PGR3.

Comment

Originally posted by neoglow
          I havent play this yet on my 360 but I have played the demo on the PC. Am I right in thinking your not free to roam around like in NFS:Underground. I loved that about Underground, kinda like GTA but all about street racing. Is Most Wanted individual races? If so, then why oh why did EA do this, clearly freedom is the way to go.
          No, you're not right in thinking that. Once the initial intro bit of the game is done the map becomes free roam. There are still objectives to complete so that you can race the drivers on the blacklist, but you can roam around the city for as long as you like picking up the races - or you can shortcut and jump directly into them.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ
            Just got this on the 360, have only played it a short while but so far so-so. The races aren't that special - not even close to Burnout4 (it's closest rival, I'd say. This is pretty far removed from other NFS games). That said, the police stuff is really quite intense.

My only real encounter other than a race involving the police is part of the challenge mode - survive a chase for a minute then get away clean. I managed the minute easily, but it took a further five minutes to be able to fully lose them. Every time my meter was close to being a success, someone spotted me and I had to leg it again. The chatter is really nicely done so far, too.

Out, and the cutscenes are superb. So outragiously poor that they are incredibly
            entertaining

The story is a bit of a mess, though. I beat someone who I think was rival number 15, having "amped" up the wage by 'inviting' the police along, but since then there hasn't been a mention of the race I completely pwned on!

Graphics aren't that good on the 360, but there are some nice touches. Coming out of a tunnel into sunlight has a completely OTT HDR effect, which is quite nice (and blinding, natch) and the over all look is solid. The framerate is smooth for the most part but it does seem to stutter every so often, just the once each time. The engine feels quite 'lumpy' in this regard.

It's a blatent port and EA should (and probably could) have done so much more for the 360. The achievements seem to be completely tied into beating each rival, which defeats the point of the Achievements system, imo. Why not have a "pursuit for 5 minutes" award, etc? Much more interesting.

I traded in my original Xbox to get this game, which is quite an extreme thing to do...but hey, I'll get more use out of the game these days!

A nice alternative to PGR3.
            John, just out of interest but does the framerate seem poor to you? I've been playing this the last few days and it seems to be dropping frames all over the palce...

Comment

the framerate is a shambles at times - pretty weird as well, it sometimes remains rock solid with plenty on the screen (4 racers, heavy traffic and police) and yet at other times it drops frames when the road ahead is empty and you are the only one in sight... saying that though, the 360 version runs a lot smoother than the xbox one which dropped frames on a more regular basis.

graphically, this is a big jump from xbox to 360 - everything looks and feels more solid, it looks more polished and the texture work is a big big jump up - I am more than impressed with how it looks . the game is still fun to play - its nothing ground breaking but its enjoyable, and the AI gives you a good battle. glad to see point to point races return to the nfs series (called Sprints) and the police is always something which should be in Need for Speed. At times this feels like Need for Speed Underground Daylight, but yet at others it feels like a natural throwback to the original NFS on the 3do, and Hot Pursuit 2.

Car handling is arcadey (nothing else can be said about that) - its all peddle to the metal racing, take your finger off the accelerator to glide around most corners, its weird that using your hand brake doesn't help you drift much, you need to press X and go into a bullet time mode to drift safely around a corner.

This game is not the 2nd coming of racers, but it does make a welcome addition to the 360 library alongside PGR3 and RR6.

Comment

I've picked this up again over the christmas period and have finished off the first few Blacklisted racers (3 of 15). I'm really enjoying it now - the difficulty has increased making it more intense and the world has opened up too.

Good stuff, having a lot of fun with the game.

Comment

I've been playing this a bit more since I've completed a bunch of the more quality games and I'm also enjoying the increased challenge. It's pretty hectic when you have the whole police force on your ass setting up road blocks everywhere. I'll probably play this one through to the end.

Comment

I've just been given this as a freebie (360 version).

I think it's pretty awful. The framerate is unforgivable, EA trax are as bad as usual and it feels, well just yucky. Maybe i've been spoilt with the lovliness that is RR6 for the past couple of weeks?

The only redeaming feature? The cut scenes are quality! But not quite quality enough for me to muddle through for much longer (it's already headed for ebay).

Another year and another NFS game as xmas number 1 :/

Comment

I honestly don't get the framerate issues, it runs fine on mine.

Comment

They really should make the next NFS game just police chases. The racing parts get so boring

Comment

I have framerate issues, but I'm just not as bothered about than some of the graphic whoring people out there. It's definitely the best NFS game since Porches Unleashed. Give me less of the illegal racing and more mountain roads!

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ
                            I honestly don't get the framerate issues, it runs fine on mine.
                            Maybe you blink at the right time then.
                            Last edited by dc-arena; 02-01-2006, 11:36.

Comment

I`m really enjoying this on the 360

If this was running at 60FPS it would be magical.

Why wasn`t it locked at at least 30FPS??

Comment

Because EA are idiots. Even Tiger Woods 06 on the 360 stutters.. Its very odd. Lack of Harddrive to rely on me thinks...

I think I'm gonna get this game anyway, I've got ?20 vouchers for shopping centre in Glasgow and ?10 Game voucher so I'll pop into Game and get this tomorrow maybe.

Comment

Working...
                                X