No announcement yet.

NFS: Most Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like this game but the constant police intervention is getting sooo annoying. Is there a method to keeping a low police presence so that I can focus on winning the races and stuff? The amount of time the police spot me as Im onto a race is silly, and its very hard to lose them it takes ages.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfamifreak
      Only got one other car and that's the Lexus, but I never use it as I have no need to. No impound strikes on me either, plus I got 2 to add.
      If you only have a couple of cars, or use the same car for everything, you'll soon find you get a lot more police attention. This could also be the reason Marcus is getting more police attention.

The car you use earns a "heat" factor, and the higher these go, the more determined the police seem to be to catch you. Switch to another car, and it gradually reduces on your other cars; so this is a good reason for having more than a couple of cars - not just for the impound factor if busted.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG
        If you only have a couple of cars, or use the same car for everything, you'll soon find you get a lot more police attention. This could also be the reason Marcus is getting more police attention.

The car you use earns a "heat" factor, and the higher these go, the more determined the police seem to be to catch you. Switch to another car, and it gradually reduces on your other cars; so this is a good reason for having more than a couple of cars - not just for the impound factor if busted.
        Yeah, my heat level is at 4 now. I prefer it that way. Have some more cars now, but not too keen on them.

My bloody girlfriend made a maxxed out Impreza and the damn thing saved onto my memory card, so now I only haveabout 100k left and she used all my jumkman parts on it oo!!!

Also, if you change the colour of your car or a different body kit, the heat level also goes down drastically.
        Last edited by MonkeyJuggleDX; 30-01-2006, 12:56.

Comment

Yeh, anytime my heat level went up, I just took it to the shop and completely changed the car, was ace!!

Also, most events tell you whether police activity is maximum or minimum, so check that first before you race if your wanting to avoid the cops!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco
            Yeh, anytime my heat level went up, I just took it to the shop and completely changed the car, was ace!!

Also, most events tell you whether police activity is maximum or minimum, so check that first before you race if your wanting to avoid the cops!!
            The thing is, a lot of the milestone events later in the game(I'm #5 on the list now) require you to be at level 4 for example the spike strips, so I just stick with my Cobalt SS.

Comment

Ah yes exactly, thats why you use several cars then!

I used my Lambo for racing which I always kept at the lowest heat andmy super maxed out RX-8 at top heat, if I ever got busted, I'd just reload it to make the next attempt easier!

Just wait til you get onto #1, its insane the amount of stuff you need. Great fun though!

Comment

I was really tempted to get this as I'm a bit barren on the 360 game front at the mo, and RR6 really doesn't do it for me (well, not full price anyhoo) so I was quite keen on NFS:MW...

I played the 360 demo, though, and was sooooo narked off by the dropped frames all over the place. And the tearing. And the glitching. Is it like this in the release version?

Comment

No, the final release is a lot better.

There is still the odd framerate stutter, but it isn't bad.

Comment

Well, beat Razor no problem. Even did the drag first time which I've never managed before.

But the chase that comes afterwards? **** ME it's so fixed. Is there actually an end to this game?

First I crashed through a breaker and immediatly after the cut scene, as road block with spike strip magically appeared and the chase was over.

Next up I get rammed by an SUV and stuck on top of it. I press select and my car is like, 100 yards away from all the feds but I still get busted!!!

Gotta say, compared to the Cobalt SS I've used all through the game, the M3 handles like ****.

Comment

Simple question - how do you "max out" your car? I've beaten no 15 on the blacklist, and got his Golf, but can't see where you build up the cars stats. On the free run you get to the upgrade bits, but then what?

Comment

You go to the tuners and buy upgrades, but it's going to be a while before you're maxing out that Golf as the upgrades are unlocked as you beat each rival.

Comment

Im onto number 5 now, and am just getting the level 4 police chases, pretty nasty, Im having to use the slowmo option to avoid those damn spikes. Heh, after moaning about the police getting me all the time when i didnt want them to, now I find myself complaining that they are never around when I need to earn bounty to challenge the next rival. Its all good, but looks to be getting quite a bit harder.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus
                            Im onto number 5 now, and am just getting the level 4 police chases, pretty nasty, Im having to use the slowmo option to avoid those damn spikes. Heh, after moaning about the police getting me all the time when i didnt want them to, now I find myself complaining that they are never around when I need to earn bounty to challenge the next rival. Its all good, but looks to be getting quite a bit harder.
                            You just wait until the very last part of the game!

Comment

I started playing this again last night after picking up a new copy since my original got scratched. Up to number 5 also. I was finding it difficult to build up any decent bounty figures, but after my little break I managed to aquire 500,000 with ease. Now I only need to get 100,000 for my next target

Comment

Its getting the bounty which is the pain in the arse bit for me, nuff times Ive gotten 200k plus, and thought about trying to end the pursuit, but greed has gotten the better of me and after 300k I get busted :/

Now when I get caught, I quit back to the Xbox dash, it saves you getting impound marks etc against your car. Not the way its meant to be done, but after this much time playing the game, I dont really care.

Comment

Working...
                                X