No announcement yet.

Initial D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I been back to playing this again, at home as well asthe arcade, i hope others will follow suit... managed to get 2:58.321 on Akina a couple of nights ago, a very sweet time i must say. I got a few other new records that i need to post as well..

Can't wait for version 3 to hit the shores in english, played the Jap version a little, the new courses are pretty cool as well as snow akina.

Comment

Just read over at Magic Box that Sega intend to have Initial D hooked up to the CY Craft cabinet that they used for F-Zero AX at this years AOU, I need to play this badly.

Comment

Blud I just read that and nearly had an episode!

OMFG! F-Zero AX is absolutely incredible on that machine! it's like being part of the race, Initial D is gonna be too much!

AOU show....Andamiro are gonna be there - *brain goes into scheme overdrive*

Comment

That reminds me, the next 2 chapters of fourth stage are scheduled to be broadcast on Japanese PPV tomorrow. So, the fansubs should be ready by next week!

Comment

thats mad, i wanna see that...

rah the feelin of feint drifting on tat machine would be incredible

Comment

Imagine playing Happogahara on it, best not play on a full stomach.

Comment

Imagine playing Irohazaka . Sick .

I'm pretty happy, cos my local arcade just got Arcade stage 3 ^^. Hehe.

Comment

Funn you should say that,, I went to Trafford Centre last night to discover that (joy of joys) they have Version 3 too.

I was really,, really impressed. The refined handling was a joy as the backend of the car seemed to swing out much easier and drifting felt easier to sustain. It still didn't compare to Ridge Racer or OutRun 2 but it was cool drifting all the same. Never got able to race Akagi downhill (my 'home' course) but will be passing by tommorrow mostlikely to get more points on my FD.

Comment

my treuno has a 70% winning ratio in london, and is unbeaten on akina ^_^ wooooo

Comment

has anyone tried initial D with the Driving Force Pro wheel, im interested if it supports the full lock, and wether the gear shift works as it hasnt got paddels.

Comment

jus wondering who out there is playing Version 3.... wanna compare some times

Comment

sorry for the thread resurection, i just got hold of initial d special stage for the ps2, at first it seemed great but i'm having some problems now, i read about the system where hitting the walls makes your car go slower, but my car now seems premenantly slow, even if i restart a race it just goes about 64km/h....do i need to repair the car or something?

i read you need to drift to get the speed back but it seems to be going too slow to drift.

also all the tips that explain drifting say about having to change gear - is it possible to drift properly using automatic transmition?

Comment

I started off racing in automatic, but quickly found myself reaching a glass ceiling, so switched to manual. Doing so was like night and day, my time attack numbers dramatically dropped, and found it much easier to beat some of the harder story mode characters.

Have you accidentally switched to manual mode, since 64kmph sounds far too low.

Comment

Walls do make your car go slower, but you should be able to pick up speed again once you get going. Sounds like you're in manual, perhaps try shifting gears using the L1/L2 buttons?

Comment

thanks for the replies, i initially thought i was in manual too, pressing all the buttons to try and change gear - failure. then i tried again in manual and had the same problem, in second gear going about 65km/h, the rev indicator near the red, changing gear up would result in going slower!! and i had to change down again to get back to 65. this is before i've even hit anything too, but was after a restart. was using a steering wheel, where up/down on the dpad changes gear, if that makes any difference? i'll try again today and see if it's working any better.

edit - it's working ok now, think it might have been some sort of calibration issue with the pedal.
                                Last edited by msm13579; 30-06-2009, 10:28.

Comment

Working...
                                X