Initial D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow the GT4 wheel looks sweet!

Does anyone play this without using the force feedback thing?

I got the driving force wheel and I usuall leave the force feedback unplugged as its much easier for me to steer the car.

K

Comment

Originally posted by Kei

I got the driving force wheel and I usuall leave the force feedback unplugged as its much easier for me to steer the car.

K
      Personally I find it harder without the force feedback. I actually played once without realising I had left it unplugged and just thought I was having a bad day. When I sorted it out my times immediately got better.

I find the feedback is imperative to get a true impression of how I'm driving. If I need to brake more, if the the car is gripping at the right time when exiting corners etc. plus little touches impress me. e.g. when in the rain, the feedback is much lighter as the tires struggle to grip the road. Such a simple idea, but impressive all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by C'
        Originally posted by Kei

K
        Personally I find it harder without the force feedback. I actually played once without realising I had left it unplugged and just thought I was having a bad day. When I sorted it out my times immediately got better.

I find the feedback is imperative to get a true impression of how I'm driving. If I need to brake more, if the the car is gripping at the right time when exiting corners etc. plus little touches impress me. e.g. when in the rain, the feedback is much lighter as the tires struggle to grip the road. Such a simple idea, but impressive all the same.

cool yeah I see what you mean maybe I should give it a try a bit more. For instance in WRC2 I cannot drive without the force feedback..weird.

Comment

If Takumi grow up in Sweden he probably had own a Volvo 240 '86

Comment

I tried this today in Trocadero at London after seeing all you lot raving about it and it's a lot of fun! Brilliant handling and I just loved the music (With vocals) and anime stylings.

Is it definately not getting a US release?

Comment

Originally posted by Max M

Is it definately not getting a US release?
              dont know for definate, some people beleive it'll come out around october, when the anime is released in america.
              but its easy to play in japanese....i wouldnt wait if i were you, its an amazing game.

Comment

Just a litle ask (as i didn't read all the topic yet) :

Are the different versions of the cars you can choose at begining just cosmetic choices , or does it alter the speed/steering etc ..?
                (For exemple with the trueno you can choose A, B, C or D , some have a spoiler , some have different wheels, )

Anyway, what a great game! I was searching around for driving games since long time, found PGR2 good but not so entertaining, Initial D is the one i wanted since long time , power drifts , nice framerate , arcade control, steering with a dual shock is not so hard , i find it realy like sega rally.
                Now i wait Outrun 2

By the way i ordered Macross SDF, it seems only Sega knows how to do fun and fast playable games.

Comment

Anyone else still feeling the Initial D love?

I'm still playing it, still not all that good - even if I'm playing another racing game it's all about Initial D choons (Daytona on DC with music off + Initial D soundtrack = Heroness)

Comment

I've dropped off my Initial D game lately unfortunately.

No spare cash means that trips to Namco are becoming much less frequent than they were, and whilst the game still gets a run out at at home a few times a week, I do feel like I'm hitting a wall with how good I'm getting. I'm happy (ish) though. I managed to get my Akagi and Akina times down to my targets.

I think once I get to play Arcade Stage Ver.3 I will be getting back into Initial D big style

Comment

dont think i've played initial D once this year... for shame.
                      i've been into moto gp 2 so much, but i always listen to the initial D soundtracks when playing that.

Comment

Out of interest what times are people getting on the first track (both directions). My brother is getting it under 3mins - is this respectable?

Comment

You can check the NTSC-uk Initial D time trial board. Within that, there is the official ID netranking SegaRosso hosts.

Comment

Nickgodfrey, no one really bothers with the first 2 courses (Myogi and Usui). Unlike the other courses in the game, which are circuits rather than point-to-point racing, these aren't based on real roads in Japan, but instead more simplistic courses designed by Sega to get new players accustomed to the handling before throwing the 'real' courses at the player.

Sub 3 minutes is good for Myogi, but he really should be trying his skills on the likes of Akagi and Akina

Comment

Thanks C', I have been going on the more difficult courses but at the mo my times are a bit off. I just wanted to know if I had a good grounding in the earlier tracks.

Comment

bah,

I've got this sat on my shelf, but due to having a serious financial crisis I had to sell my jpn PS2, now jus stare at it daily longing to play it again hopefully by summer...

Comment

Working...
                                X