Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZeroRisk
    Cheers guys!

Well, that means I WILL be making a fine purchase of a practically new and boxed Driving Force wheel for the princly sum of ?40 including delivery! Not bad eh?

I will be looking for F355 on PS2 now then. And maybe RRV will be more fun with it too! Bliss
    IMO is the Initial D experience only complete with a wheel.

Don?t miss Kaido Battle, its superior in some aspects compared to ID but don?t tell anyone

Comment

Originally posted by lordcookie
      For all the people who are saying the wheel is better are any of you using the lap attachement, or is it just me who cant get on with the wheel at all?
      The lap attachment is a piece of ****e. It requires you play all hunched up and is'nt natural.

Like many people on here, I've discovered the reason why ironing boards were invented

Comment

I will be looking for F355 on PS2 now then. And maybe RRV will be more fun with it too! Bliss
        Unfortunately RRV isn't compatible. Came out way before the wheel so isn't designed to check for inputs via the USB port

Comment

Originally posted by C'
          For all the people who are saying the wheel is better are any of you using the lap attachement, or is it just me who cant get on with the wheel at all?
          The lap attachment is a piece of ****e. It requires you play all hunched up and is'nt natural.

Like many people on here, I've discovered the reason why ironing boards were invented
          How on earth could some accelerate/break with that thing not ending up with the wheel smashing the chin?

Comment

i'm just using the normal dual shock....and the d-pad too, the analogue stick feels weird to me.
            (i dont have anywhere to put a wheel even if i did get it )

i got a question too.

how do you know which tuning option to go for?..is there a system, like A is always an uphill setup, B is downhill, or something like that?

Or is it always different for each car, and you just have to try them all out?
            (I've just been choosing the one that looks nicest )

Comment

Originally posted by C'

That is the problem with the lap attachement. The position is far too close to the body and is nothing like the way I would drive normally. Unfortunately I have limited space between the TV and my seating position for me to use an ironing board. I think I will have to sell the bloody wheel (only had it since Tuesday )

Originally posted by Treble
              Anyway, point of this post is, how does it handle with the pad? Can you alter the sensitivity of the stick(s) etc.? What about button layout? Can the button maps be edited? These things are important to me when considering driving games.
              The sticks are too sensitive imo and it is much better to use the d pad. I think the button layout can be configured but it feels pretty good on the default setting. I always feel in total control of the car using the pad in a similar way I do when playing RRV. The game is certainly playable with the pad instead of the wheel.

Comment

The PS2 version of F355 wont work properly with the Logitech wheels either, no feedback response and the control of the vehicle isn't properly adjusted with the wheel.

Stick with the DC version if you can.

Comment

Fuddle, apparently you CAN tell what the upgrade path will do by looking at the little icons but I just go for the initial-D path!

Comment

Wow! I go for a swim and this thread has sped off without me!!! lol

Anyways,

Originally posted by Canton Province
                    Where from?
                    A very nice fella on eBay who usually sells jewelry. I think he's selling it for someone else. It doesn't come with Instructions though, but I don't think that will bother me. I only ever look at Japanese instructions as they're so nice to look at. UK/US only if it's a technical game and I can't work it out for myself.

Originally posted by Henning
                    IMO is the Initial D experience only complete with a wheel.
                    Don?t miss Kaido Battle, its superior in some aspects compared to ID but don?t tell anyone
                    Kaido Battle eh? Well, seeing as the PS2 will be the first console I've owned that I've bought a steering wheel for, I'll need all the racing games I can get to make it worthwhile! lol

Originally posted by C'
                    Unfortunately RRV isn't compatible. Came out way before the wheel so isn't designed to check for inputs via the USB port
                    Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Oh well, when's the next Ridge Racer, (or equivalent), out? I need more racers! lol Isn't the next Ridge gonna be centered around a couple of female racers? I read that somewhere..... or maybe it was just another one of my sick dreams....

Originally posted by Kron
                    The PS2 version of F355 wont work properly with the Logitech wheels either, no feedback response and the control of the vehicle isn't properly adjusted with the wheel.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Again!

What are they thinking?!?!?!? Well, I have the DC version and that feels cool with a pad. I take it the DC wheel doesn't have force feedback right?

What am I thinking? I can't have 2 wheels in my house. What am I, Nuts?!

Comment

Originally posted by Kron

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Again!

What are they thinking?!?!?!? Well, I have the DC version and that feels cool with a pad. I take it the DC wheel doesn't have force feedback right?

What am I thinking? I can't have 2 wheels in my house. What am I, Nuts?!
                      Perhaps rent Ferrari first as I've got a mate who assures me that it works perfectly with the wheel. Unfortunately, he lives away at present so I can't confirm personally. Perhaps I'll pop into GAME tommorrow and pick up a copy and take advantage of their 10 day return polocy

Comment

Good idea C', I'll be awaiting your confirmation.
                        Maybe we could rekindle an F355 timetrial for PS2 only, with wheel post?

Will we have time thought? There are too many games!!!!

Comment

Alright Zero mate,

We love our racers eh!

I'm wondering the same thing that Fuddle is about the different set up paths...

Anyone got a translation?

I've just beaten Takumi the second time round on battle mode and i'm now working on story mode. It's superb being able to follow the story from the first serie,s gumtape death match, those two birds lilo and stitch (or whatever they're called) in their sileighty.

Love it.

Zero your gonna love the wheel mate, doesn't take too long to get used to and once you do... it's ****ing top!!1!

buy an ironing board

Comment

Can anyone tell me what the 'Special Edition' Initial D edition contains? Can't find any info anywhere...

Comment

Allo Tommy

Well, I think we should've been racers, the amount of time we put into the 'virtual' ones is sickening!

I've kinda gone off Moto GP 2 now that it's all about the NSR.... it was supposed to be about the RC for fooks sake!!!! ft:

Anyway, keep it real with some friendly NTSC-UK competition I say. This place is the reason I got so good at Moto 1 in the first place!

Can't wait for my wheel, should be getting it roughly the same time as ID! Gonna be a day of one game only when that ****e arrives I can tell ya!

Jashin: Dunno what you mean by Special Edition? Game or DVD?

Comment

Nice one Zero m8, you'll love it

Right i need some help. This morning i did 11 stages on the Story mode, i saved after each stage. I can see my stage 11 save when saving times in time attack. BUT. I can't get back on to stage 11 >_< It just starts a new game with no old data there.

I tried the LOAD and SAVE option but didn't know which was which, they both seemed to do the same thing!

So i started a new story and notice at the end when you quit it gives you a final option to save.... so i saved (only done 2 stages) and then switch off, switch on console again. And there they were, the last 2 stages i had done when i started the new game.

Does anyone know if i can load up my old data thats on my memory card - or i'm a ****ed because i didn't choose the final save option when quitting the first time?

Cheers

Tommy

Comment

Working...
                                X