No announcement yet.

Initial D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am 10 seconds or so a race quicker with the pad than the wheel. I do believe that this is because I use the lap adpator for the wheel and it sits too close to my body and is not a natural driving position. I know a few people have said that using the pad makes the car 'twitchy' but I find it to be very responsive and I can judge the limits of the car much better with the pad than the wheel.

Comment

I have not used the pad but I imagine that it is quicker because you can go lock to lock quickly and there is less travel from buttons than when you lift off from the pedals. But the wheel is FUN.

Comment

Went to Sheffield to play this and i must say it is the most addictive compulsive racing game i have ever played, i will get the PS2 version soon when in Japan. First of all i wud like to say it's a bit confusing if u have never used a card system arcade before(me) because i found the machine did not explain what was happening and only semed to give you about 10 secs to make decistions. When i first started playin i thought this aint that special. Then u get upgrades for your car in my case a Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34), n then u start getting challenges it's just so cool anyone who has not played this shud, or go and buy it on PS2.

This is the best arcade machine i've played for ages the card system is ingenious and all the car details n driving data all on this nice little card, i could not stop pumping pound coins into this machine must have spent at least ?6, worth every penny. Anyone else played this n how many stages have u done? I thought it ws really hard n am still on easy, is anyone on expert? U must be good if u are, cus i saw sum guy on Normal n it looked so fast n hard i cud not belive it.

Comment

Part of the genious of Initial D are the track layouts, the first 2 i.e. Myogi & Usai seem very basic but allow you to get to grips with the fundamental skills and tactics which you'll gradually refine the more you play which in turn helps you to beat the more difficult tracks and opponents later on.

If you think it's difficult now then wait till you race Bunta on Akina, he makes all the prior opponents including Takumi look like OAP Sunday drivers, if you're a beginner and you're playing V1 then Keisuke's/Ky's(****ty western Tokyo Pop name) RX7 is the best car to use 2nd best is Takumi's AE86. If it's version 2 you're playing then the Honda Integra is the best car on that verion and I assume it is on Special Stage as well.

I wish the postman would hurry the **** up and deliver the copy I ordered from Yesasia, having watched the whole of 2nd Stage on DVD in one sitting earlier on it's made me become very impatient.

Comment

I have mine on it's way from a nice bloke on eBay!

?30 plus about ?4 for postage. Not bad eh?

Anyways, I've been watching series 1 again and it's made me impatient too. ft:
            I know how you feel Nisa!

I'm still deciding in whether or not to plump up the bucks for a wheel though......

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroRisk
              I'm still deciding in whether or not to plump up the bucks for a wheel though......
              Do it, I have tried the game with the pad and the wheel. The wheel is FAR superior.

Comment

Originally posted by eghamninja
                Do it, I have tried the game with the pad and the wheel. The wheel is FAR superior.
                Agreed, I've been using the wheel for the arcade for 6 months and when the PS2 version arrived I went straight to the wheel. I tried using the pad last night and found I didn't have anywhere near the same level of control and my times were a good 5 seconds lower.

Comment

I couldn?t get under 2?37 with the pad at Akagi now I?m under 2?30. With the wheel I can accelerate, break and turn with more precision.

Comment

zero, get the wheel. Its quality and more enjoyable to slide with! ANd thats what counts, eh?
                    And its not just for i-D, it is for most driving games so its a good buy.

Comment

For all the people who are saying the wheel is better are any of you using the lap attachement, or is it just me who cant get on with the wheel at all?

Comment

Mine is attached at the desk, I can?t see myself using the lap add on, I would probably end up at the floor if I used it.

Comment

Cheers guys!

Well, that means I WILL be making a fine purchase of a practically new and boxed Driving Force wheel for the princly sum of ?40 including delivery! Not bad eh?

I will be looking for F355 on PS2 now then. And maybe RRV will be more fun with it too! Bliss

Comment

I want this game, but won't be getting a wheel. Don't even try and talk me into it - it just ain't gonna happen, for many reasons.

Anyway, point of this post is, how does it handle with the pad? Can you alter the sensitivity of the stick(s) etc.? What about button layout? Can the button maps be edited? These things are important to me when considering driving games.

Comment

Cheers guys!

Well, that means I WILL be making a fine purchase of a practically new and boxed Driving Force wheel for the princly sum of ?40 including delivery! Not bad eh?
                              Where from?

Comment

For me the wheel is essential. I was using the pad last night, i was absolutely awful, the steering felt way to twitchy. I started playing again this morning using the Driving Force Wheel and i've improved loads.

Cookie - To get the best out of the wheel you have to have it clamped down to a table or similar. The lap adaptor looks pointless, surely it moves around too much when turning?

Comment

Working...
                                X