Neo geo battle coliseum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jashin
    This was dying on it's arse in the arcades when I was in Japan in November. Looked terrible, but that's a nice character line-up.
    Funny how people base these things on one or two arcades. It's done quite well.

Since seeing a fairly unspectacular Famitsu score I've been wondering whether they just don't get it or it's a crap conversion. Kron now has me thinking the latter. I've had the AW version a few months and think it's pretty damn good. The sprites look crap, I'm not keen on the timer and the bosses are cheap (but that's the SNK way innit ) but having said that its a superb VS fighter - way less broken than SVC, fast, quite balanced, great roster and moves, and I do find the whole energy recharging, one round loss and 3 pair-per-stage system refreshing.
    It's a much better effort than Capcom Fighting Jam but people rarely diss that because Capcoms farts smell of roses.

Comment

Well obviously I didn't go into every arcade in Japan, that would be just unreasonable. Perhaps I could have worded it more accurately for the pedants. In the 6 or 7 large arcades that I went to in Kyoto, Osaka and Tokyo, no one appeared to have any interest in this game in the time I spent there. How's that?

Comment

I just got the Pal version of this which has much better load times. Being able to read the manual certainly helps in understanding the system too.

I don't play 2d fighters that much these days but Im really liking this so far. I like the fact there's such a great mix of characters from games like Samurai Showdown, World Heroes and Last Blade. This has got me very interested in getting KOFXI.

Is there a dedicated site for SNK games like Tekken Zaibatsu for Tekken and how popular is this and KOFXI in the London arcades?

Comment

I bought the pal version last week too. I have not given it a great deal of time yet due to guitar hero 2 and 360 eating up gaming time, but my first impressions were good. It kinda reminded me on an improved svc chaos engine with some great characters from neo geo history. Good to see world heores being represented, as it's a personal fave of mine.

Comment

if only this game had the quality tag system of KOFXI

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy
              if only this game had the quality tag system of KOFXI
              Yeah I've noticed how you can combine combos and moves between players through the tagging in KOFXI, which doesn't seem possible in NGBC.

In competitions round here KOF 98 and 2002 feature quite a bit are they supposed to be better than XI? NGBC doesn't seem to get played so much.

Comment

Working...
              X