No announcement yet.

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty sure PeteJ means his conjuration skill went to 25 from 7 just by constantly conjuring the dagger then rinse and repeat.
    Summon Dagger spell from Chorrol Mage's Guild I think.

Comment

just noticed that 'the wizards tower' is now on the marketplace!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian(not Ian)
        I'm pretty sure PeteJ means his conjuration skill went to 25 from 7 just by constantly conjuring the dagger then rinse and repeat.
        Summon Dagger spell from Chorrol Mage's Guild I think.
        Yes, sorry There are certain spells in the game which do not need any level to cast and can be abused to get up your skill. The only difficulty is Destruction which you need to actually hit a target.

May just download wizards tower now, though I still haven't got around to the last one.

edit - 150 points again. Apparently the house contains warps to all the mage guilds in the land. Have read that it isn't worth doing if you aren't a magic user. No quest from what I've read.
        Last edited by PeteJ; 24-04-2006, 20:52.

Comment

Yeah that's pretty much what I've been doing too. When I go exploring I just wander around casting spells for no reason...works a treat

Comment

Ive a choice to sacrifice this guy, or not, in order to steal a book (fairly early on still) - take the book and I get slaughtered, save the guy and try sneak off with the book still no joy, take book and run I cant get out as exits seem blocked - help! >_<

Comment

The Wizards Tower is nice. It gives you better abilities to enchant and spellcast than the Arcane University, you can summon an Atronach as a familiar which will follow you around (I went for a Storm Atronach as my friend) and it has a garden with every available plant, including the three that are only found in the Oblivion Gate. Useful for when they are all shut.

I haven't been able to ceck out the view yet as it's always raining lately.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus
                Ive a choice to sacrifice this guy, or not, in order to steal a book (fairly early on still) - take the book and I get slaughtered, save the guy and try sneak off with the book still no joy, take book and run I cant get out as exits seem blocked - help! >_<
                Difficulty slider.

Before:

|---------|---------|

After:

||------------------|

Sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus
                  I did this part yesterday, you can do it in a different way if you still have a save in the begining of the dungeon:

When the guy in the beginning demands your gear tell him to piss off. Now, all the cultists you encounter will attack you. I had little trouble killing them all while making my way to the room with the prisoner, once there I watched the ceremony from a good position in the top left part of the room. After the guy's done talking he will warp out and the cultists will leave, except two of them. I dropped down and killed them, freed the prisoner, took the book and made my way out while killing some more of them. This way you won't have to fight more than two cultists at the same time. Also there are beds you can sleep in along the way and you can sleep on the altar if you're health gets low

Comment

Originally posted by IanE
                    Difficulty slider.

Before:

|---------|---------|

After:

||------------------|

Sorted.
                    You disgust me!

Comment

Did all the fighters guild quests came across a great ring +10 to all the stats.

Comment

Ill try again tonight, but I kept on getting PASTED by this guy in armour.

Comment

I managed to do that exact mission last night, but had the added bonus of nicking a shock staff off the first guy i killed down there. After that it was easy, shock just wipes them fools out.

Comment

I'm about 60 hours into this, and have been loving it, but the experience is now slightly marred by frequent crashes. (On the 360) Up till now I'd had about three freezes, all when outside, when the 'loading area' message pops up. Three crashes out of 60-odd hours I didn't mind.

However, it seems that now I have a fast horse I run the risk of it crashing often in the countryside areas (I had three in quick succession the other night). Pretty annoying as it usually hasn't autosaved as I haven't been through a door recently. Now I autosave outside often, and have tried deleting the cache a couple of times, but it is astoundingly unstable for a console game. I've had no problems with the 360 and other games at all.

I will keep playing, as it's about the most amazing and absorbing game I have ever played, but I hope there's some kind of patch on the horizon.
                            Last edited by v3rtigo; 25-04-2006, 11:23.

Comment

Really must get back into this ! Played it like a maniac for 15-20 hours in the week after release, but suddenly found myself having no inclination to play, and have not gone back to it since. I'm sure I will go back to it eventually, but really don't understand why I was loving it one minute, and completely bored by the idea of it the next

Comment

Originally posted by v3rtigo
                                I'm about 60 hours into this, and have been loving it, but the experience is now slightly marred by frequent crashes. (On the 360) Up till now I'd had about three freezes, all when outside, when the 'loading area' message pops up. Three crashes out of 60-odd hours I didn't mind.

However, it seems that now I have a fast horse I run the risk of it crashing often in the countryside areas (I had three in quick succession the other night). Pretty annoying as it usually hasn't autosaved as I haven't been through a door recently. Now I autosave outside often, and have tried deleting the cache a couple of times, but it is astoundingly unstable for a console game. I've had no problems with the 360 and other games at all.

I will keep playing, as it's about the most amazing and absorbing game I have ever played, but I hope there's some kind of patch on the horizon.
                                EXACTLY the same for me...no crashes for 40/50 hours but now it's happening fairly regularly, every few hours...I suppose on a PC game I wouldn't mind it but you shouldn't expect that on a home console game really.

Not really ruined the experience that much but I feel I'm almost done with the game (20 hours or so more?) since after I've done the fighters guild I'll be doing the main quest and then I'll have my 1000 achievement points, best 1000 I'll ever earn I reckon!

Regarding "getting back into it" I'd imagine it's difficult because it's hardly a game you can pop on for 15 minutes really, even the shortest time I've played must be about 3 hours! I always "intend" to play for an hour or less but its so involving that I end up with 3 hours gone, without even realising it!

I must admit, I'm finding it increasingly annoying going through dungeon after dungeon, if I could sell the weapons for the "8000" they say they're worth then fine, but I don't USE them because I have my "core" of weapons I like and that are effectinve...sick of finding bow's that I don't want but are worth thousands only to get "800" cos its the max they can sell for! It's almost like a bug I'd say, they need to put out a patch where there's a rich guy buying for thousands...My closets are chock a block with weapons and armour that are worth a fortune that I don't use...
                                Last edited by Jebus; 25-04-2006, 12:01.

Comment

Working...
                                X