No announcement yet.

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the reply. I added up the prices of the dlc I didn't have and it came up to 1080 ms points, excluding the horse armour.

I do like completing everything I can in the game but will take your advice and play through the main game and see how I enjoy it. Any particular non-spolier tips you have to hand for me to bear in mind?

Is the games narrative altered by what I do/say like in Dragon Age?

Edit: Sweet, just won an auction for the GOTY edition of the guide
    Last edited by Mr-Niceguy2001; 31-10-2010, 12:59.

Comment

Where can I get a save file for the PC version where it's just out of the tunnel and you're able to choose your class?

I've looked everyone and can't seem to find one on the net.

Comment

wait til that guide arrives............i **** you not its telephone directory in size.

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
          Where can I get a save file for the PC version where it's just out of the tunnel and you're able to choose your class?

I've looked everyone and can't seem to find one on the net.
          Can you not just knock one up yourself? It's like 15 minutes in depending on how quick you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
            Can you not just knock one up yourself? It's like 15 minutes in depending on how quick you are.
            Bah humbug..

Comment

There's a mod for that.

Comment

Started this last night so only a few years behind you guys. We got off on the wrong foot when the game insulted me by detecting my setup and deciding I was only worthy of the lowest settings. I turned most things up to max and it runs perfectly so that was clearly just an attempt to belittle my machine.

On PC, the game isn't quite as streamlined as Fallout 3. Or perhaps it is and I just haven't found then shortcuts yet. Like, when I go to loot somewhere, is there a Take All keyboard button? Overall though, it does a pretty good job at explaining how things work.

One thing you guys might be able to help me with though is the hotkey system. I seemed to have missed part of the instructions there. I hold down a number and get the round menu. Then what? I haven't figured out what to do from there. With that, is there a way I can quickly switch from sword to bow and arrow?

The game looks pretty beautiful outside, even without any mods, and I'm looking forward to really exploring. Not sure starting at the city kingdom place was the best idea though because it's somewhat overwhelming being so big and yet, at the same time, fairly empty. Lots of walking.

Comment

The hotkey menu on PC threw me for a bit too. You hold down the number key to get the wheel to appear and then you mouse click over whichever inventory item or spell you want. If you want to switch between a bow/arrow and sword, you can assign one to slot 1 and the other to slot 2 and just press the 1 and 2 keys to alternate.

Not sure there's a loot all key, but there's definitely a loot all button to mouse click.
                  Last edited by Daragon; 09-08-2011, 09:09.

Comment

Thanks, Daragon. I'll do that with the hotkey menu tonight. Cheers. Yeah, there's a Take All button but a key would be handy.

Comment

How about a Morrowind that looks as good as Skyrim?

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.Detail&id=8987

T
                      hat's my evening sorted out then.

Comment

A couple more questions if anyone can help. Firstly, how does the face thing work when you're talking to someone? The wheel turns and I try to get them happy but what am I doing and why? What's the aim and how do I succeed? Secondly, I've met people who seem to be traders and tell me about their wares but then I just get the usual speech options. Am I supposed to be doing something different to trade with them?

Thanks!

Comment

When you try to Speechcraft, you need to click the smile when it has the biggest pie slice, and the angry when it's the smallest. Pie slice = size of effect. Click smile with a big pie and they like you a lot. Click smile with small pie and they like you small. Click angry with big pie for big not like and with small pie for minimal dislike.

Rereading that above paragraph I sound barely literate, but that's the quick and dirty version. You can lose big points for click big pie on unhappy faces, so always aim to time it so you can small pie the anger even if it means forgoing big pie on the smiles.

PIES.

Comment

Cool, thanks. I'll do that. I appreciate the explanation.

On the traders, turned out they only let me trade at certain times so I have that figured out now.

Comment

Later on you can scroll the pie sections around, once you reach lvl 25 of speechcraft. Or is it 50?

Comment

Quick question - is there anywhere near the start of the game where I can store my stuff? I can barely carry anything as I have heavy armour but haven't found any storage places.

Oh, and another question - how does picking locks work? I thought I knew what I was doing until I found one where I had ton push up more than one thingy. 25 broken lock picks later and I'm pretty sure I don't know how to do it. I can get one up (and get awarded skill for it sometimes) but it always breaks on the second. What am I doing wrong?
                                Last edited by Dogg Thang; 10-08-2011, 18:53.

Comment

Working...
                                X