No announcement yet.

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I remember rightly, the only DLC available to PS3 owners are the expansion pack and Knights of the Nine add-on which were included with the GOTY edition.

If you want the most complete Oblivion experience (horse armor excluded) then you need the 360 version.

Comment

Finally finished this puppy off after a long break. Feels like a great achievement getting 1250/1250.

A shade under 200 hours including Shivering Isles & Knights of the Nine. Still a heap of side quests to go but to be honest my character is so powerful and I have so much gear scattered around my houses I'm not sure if I'll revisit at some point.

Great game. I really loved bits but really didn't like bits. Didn't like Shivering Isles much I rushed through it. If another Elder Scrolls came out I definitely buy it.

Comment

It truly is a wonderful game and for me it is still the best game on the 360. I would love another Oblivion game.

Comment

I have been considering getting into this again as I now have the expansions as well as the main game. I started the main part a few years ago, and just got distracted. I don't think I can remember that much about the game anyway, so a fresh start will be on the cards.

Comment

That's one thing I don't really understand...Why haven't we had another Elder Scrolls yet? We're onto the 2nd fallout for the 360, but nothing even announced for TES. Would love another one

Comment

Thing is, wasn't new vegas done by obsidian working for bethesda? Makes me wonder just what bethesda have been working on??

Yup to explore another world like oblivion would be fantastic, i love dungeons & dragons style games like this.

Comment

I'm pretty confident the next in-house Bethesda game that gets announced with be Elder Scrolls VI. Lots of people suggesting (Rightly, in my opinion) that maybe they should work on a new engine though, which will obvious mean it takes forever.

Still, maybe they can fix/trophy patch the PS3 version in the meantime.

Comment

They definitely need to work on a new engine. Emphasis on need.

I adored Oblivion (Xbox 360) on release but the framerate and animation were appalling. It's only because there were so few releases on the system that kept me from realising how bad they were and once I'd played a few other games going back to Oblivion was impossible.

Comment

would be nice to see the next elder scrolls game using the rage engine.

Comment

Or crytek's sandbox 2 engine.

Comment

Rage Engine would probably be most like, given that Bethesda bought ID for it and have no plans to license it to anyone unless Bethesda are publishing the game.

Comment

I've been watching a few GOTY guides on eBay & the price seems to be £15-£50. I remember seeing them for sale at £7.50. Any idea why they fetch a good value nowadays?

EDIT

Should I therefore buy a Fallout 3 GOTY guide whilst they're still cheap?

Comment

The standard guides I didn't think were terribly expensive, but I remember trying to get hold of the Collectors Edition (hardback) a little down the line and they were extortionate. If you can get a FO3 CE now for a reasonable price it might be worth it.

Comment

I've just received the 360 GOTY version and was wondering if the dlc quests were worth it? I've got over 6000ms points and looking to spend 1200 tonight to qualify for the october offer.

Quite a few extra dlc add-ons not found on this edition, so are they worth it?

Comment

The GOTY version has the main 2 dlc expansions, Knights of the nine & Shivering isles. The only one your missing which didn't go on the disk was Mehrunes razor, it's a ok quest & the dungeon it's set in is pretty big so it will take you a while to get through it. Try the ones on the disk first, if you like those then you'll probably like Merhrunes razor too.

The other dlc stuff is mainly the houses/bases. They can be really useful depending on the character you have created. The pirate ship one i have my own army of pirates to plunder & pillage & every few days i can go get my share of the spoils from them. In the frostcrag spire tower it's perect for magical characters as it has a fully stocked garden of plants for potion making & warp points to all the mages guilds along with a host of useful stuff for magical characters. The main game is fine without these extras but they add something different if you really get into it.

Then again im biased as i loved the game so much i bought all the expansions including the extra houses & spell tomes ect. Didn't get the horse armour though thats the only one i refuse to pay for as i dont use the horses so it would be a waste amongst other things
                                Last edited by importaku; 31-10-2010, 12:22.

Comment

Working...
                                X