Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lettuce
    Its just a shame i cannot get the correct display with my Dell 2405FPW Monitor when rotating the screen, bugger!!! Maybe theres someway to hack my VGA box so i can flip the screen??

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko
    Annoying isn't it! Wish more TATE shooters had the option to rotate the other direction.
    YOU DON'T NEED IT TO.
    Guys - you can fix your LCD so it rotates the other way!
    It'll take 5 mins - if that... and should work on any LCD with a 'portrait' orientation.

What you do is remove the screen from the stand - it should be attached by 4 screws arranged in a perfect square (This is standard on almost all lcd's - so you can use other stands/wall mounts etc..).

So if you rotate the plate on the stand which attaches to the screen 90 degrees and then reattach the screen in the normal horizontal orientation... Then it will rotate the other way up and you will be able to use all those TATE shooters you've been wanting to play...

Comment

Oh and also - Under Defeat is fantastic..
      Has me totally hooked at the moment

Comment

Finall got round to playing my copy of this and it's superb play's lovely and looks great it's got me away from oblivion so that says something. At the minute I can get to level 3 and prefer the cannon option myself find the rocket reload time to long.

Comment

Originally posted by MDY
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by lettuce
          Its just a shame i cannot get the correct display with my Dell 2405FPW Monitor when rotating the screen, bugger!!! Maybe theres someway to hack my VGA box so i can flip the screen??

YOU DON'T NEED IT TO.
          Guys - you can fix your LCD so it rotates the other way!
          It'll take 5 mins - if that... and should work on any LCD with a 'portrait' orientation.

What you do is remove the screen from the stand - it should be attached by 4 screws arranged in a perfect square (This is standard on almost all lcd's - so you can use other stands/wall mounts etc..).

So if you rotate the plate on the stand which attaches to the screen 90 degrees and then reattach the screen in the normal horizontal orientation... Then it will rotate the other way up and you will be able to use all those TATE shooters you've been wanting to play...
          Just had a look at my 20" W/S Dell panel and this isn't an option unfortunately. The square bracket doesn't have 4 screws, it has 2 at the botton and a latch type thing on top.

Comment

Sorry to go (slightly) OT, but isn't a tated widescreen monitor the wrong aspect ratio for vertical shooters?

Comment

Originally posted by Geezer
              Sorry to go (slightly) OT, but isn't a tated widescreen monitor the wrong aspect ratio for vertical shooters?
              No, it'll just have borders top and bottom

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko
                Just had a look at my 20" W/S Dell panel and this isn't an option unfortunately. The square bracket doesn't have 4 screws, it has 2 at the botton and a latch type thing on top.
                Thats a shame
                Most LCD's have a standardised fixing - suppose it's so Dell can sell you THEIR wall mounts - though I've seen Dells with VESA standard plates on them too Their first batch of W/S LCD's (the 2005FPW/2405FPW) certainly had it listed in the spec, not sure why they'd change things- which model is yours?

It may be that there's a VESA plate..

..in addition to the stand fixing - in which case you're only alternative would be to take the stand off and use the vesa plate with a new stand or wall mount that allowed you to rotate the way you wanted...
                Not ideal - but cheaper than a new LCD...
                Last edited by MDY; 06-04-2006, 09:03.

Comment

Had another hour or so withthe game, finally getting to stage 5 but dying pretty early.

Cannon is my choice of pod - a nice mixture of the vulcan and rocket. Powerful enough and fast recharge.

A few things annoy me though:

1. I know the pause on death is to avoid a "wtf" moment but for some reason i'm suffering at least one of these each time i play the game. Normally in shooter i can see when my death is imminent, here i cannot.

2. I've lost several lives, not because of my bullet dodging abilities but because of the blasted screen sway - sometimes i just feel at the mercy of where the level is goin and have suffered as a result.

Apart from those gripes, its pretty awesome!!

Comment

Does this game work wth the analogue stick?

Comment

Originally posted by smokedog
                      Does this game work wth the analogue stick?
                      Nope, not as far as I know.

I've started to play this game again these past couple of days. Its still really good but that last boss really does me in. I can do him but it takes a hell of a lot of goes, some of his attacks just seem really cheap to me. Eventually gave up on trying to master him and seeing how far i can get on 1 credit, just need to reliably beat the stage 1-3 boss without dying (or lots of bombs) and things will be looking up.

This game is amazing though - sucks me in and i don't want to stop playing

Comment

played it today for the first time and its the most beautiful shooter i've ever seen

the fact that the enemies leave smoking trails they they explode is amazing

loads of enemies = you can see hardly anything on the screen because of smoke - which i guess is a point of realism

even the level (2nd) where you have to take out the battlecruiser - just amazing

getting used to the controls is quite difficult though

but my first wow moment was the 1st boss - just the fact that all the attention to detail is spot on - as you fly above the water sections you see the reflections of your ship and the boss and when you destroy it its still perfect with smoke reflections et all

Comment

Working...
                        X