Cooking Mama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ouenben
    How import friendly is this to a gamer who knows no Japanese, speaks no Japanese and doesnt intend to?
    It's pretty simple. What importaku posted a while back pretty much covers it all.

Comment

How import friendly is this to a gamer who knows no Japanese, speaks no Japanese and doesnt intend to?
      Here you go.(^_^)

Originally posted by importaku
      Tonight im starting on the translations, for the cooking sections. If you lot out there are buying it, then the least i can do is help you all out with the menus & stuff (^_^) These arent literal translations as i cant be arsed to go get the dictionary out so they are my estimations of what they do.

When you cook there is a bar on the top screen, to the left is a green arrow. The cooking actions you need to do scroll slowly from the right to the left. When they reach the arrow you have to preform the given task.

Now luckily, some of the actions have prompts on the screen to show you what you should be doing, ill put these in brackets next to the word so you know. Also some of the words have icons next to them so ill describe those as well.

Using the frying pan
      ひっくりかえす Flip food (Up & down arrow appears next to pan handle)
      おす Press down food in pan (Finger appears above food in the pan)
      よわく Low heat (Yellow flame)
      ふつうに Medium heat (Orange flame)
      つよく High heat (Red flame)

Using the stew pot
      ふきつける Blow mic to stop it boiling over (Looks like a small white cloud)
      かきまぜる Stir
      いれる Add ingredient (An ingredient will appear to the top right of the touch screen, when it flashes then you touch it to add it into the pot)

Those are the main 2 cooking bits, theres a few dishes that have extra commands but i cant remember the names just now, it will be pretty easy to work them out as they give you visual cues.

Right onto the main game menus i think. Once you press the touch screen to start you get to these options.....

おりょうりをしよう (Single dish cooking)
      くみあわせてみよう (Two dish combination cooking)
      うでだめし (challenge)
      オプシヨン (Option)

Ok so now ill go into each mode.

おりょうりをしよう (Single dish cooking)

This is the main mode where you will see plates of food lined up for you to cook. To go back to the main menu, press the [もどる] button to go back.

Now when you select a dish to cook you will get 3 options at the bottom of the screen.

やめる (Go back) れんしゅう (Practise) つくる (Next)

くみあわせてみよう (Two dish combination cooking)

In this mode you select 2 dishes to combine & cook together, after you select your first dish, 2 options will appear.

やめる (Go back) つくる (Next)

Now select your second dish to cook the same 2 options will appear again.

やめる (Go back) つくる (Next)

Now a picture of the finished dish will be shown followed by the same 2 options.

やめる (Go back) つくる (Next)

うでだめし(challenge)

In this mode you can practise the various cooking techniques, buut they will only be in here once you have done them in the main game. Theres quite a lot of different techniques so i dont have time to translate them all at the moment so i'll stick to the options.

When you select the technique you want to try, you will get 2 options

やめる (Go back)  はい (Yes)

オプシヨン (Option)

In here there are 4 options

タイトルにもどる (Return to title screen)
      データのしょきか (Erase save data) If selected 2 options are やめる (Go back) はい (Yes)
      ゲームをわける (Start multiplayer download game)
      クレジット (Watch game credits)

Thats it for now, you should be able to play nearly al of the game without a hitch, you all better enjoy it or i'll get mama to piss in your soup

Comment

It's coming out in the west at some point, so it might be worth waiting.

Comment

Anyone else having major problems getting a copy of this from Japan? I had a YesAsia order for 6 weeks with no sign of it ever arriving in stock and PlayAsia, NCSX, Lik-Sang and eBay sellers all seem to be constantly out of stock

Comment

Had mine show up today.

Where I got mine -

Comment

Well I feel tremendously welcome after my U.S. first impression of Cooking Mama was locked and then deleted. As this is the Japan one, I thought it would be best to start a new one, but hey ho.

I would copy and paste what I wrote but I can't as I said, it was deleted.

Basically, it's good, only the text has been changed.

Comment

I'm having trouble peeling potatoes, carrots etc.

I can never get the amount they want doing in the time limit, this is the only thing frustrating me about this game.

Comment

Apologies. Here's Hendo's post that should have been merged here earlier:

Originally posted by hendo
                  I just got the U.S. version of this the other day and I love it!
                  For those who don't know it's a mini-game type thing for the DS based on cooking various Japanese dishes.

Having had a mate who bought the Japanese version and loved it, I'm very surprised that the whole thing survived the translation, and they only translated the text, and didn't change the dishes to suit a Western audience. This may harm sales, but hey it's a great game nonetheless, so I don't care.

You basically follow the instructions and whatever the Mama tells you to (like chopping carrots, flipping pans, breaking eggs, etc) all using the touchscreen.
                  You then get rated for your performance at the end of the meal.
                  So far, it looks like a perfect pick-up-and-play game that is well suited to the DS

Comment

Cheers!
                    My only worry now I've gone through over half of the dishes is that when I've finished, there won't be much left to do. Not much depth I reckon.

There's the "Combine" mode and "Skill" mode that may offer some different stuff to do, but essentially it's just a mini-game kind of thing isn't it?
                    Fun at the moment though.

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel007
                      I'm having trouble peeling potatoes, carrots etc.

I can never get the amount they want doing in the time limit, this is the only thing frustrating me about this game.
                      I haven't played the game in months and months, but that's what I always fell down on too.... I had a real problem peeling potatoes!

Comment

I found that a real light touch helped with the potatoes. No idea why.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
                          It's so bizarre to be talking about how to peel potatoes, but I've tried long strokes, short strokes, fast, slow etc. and the effect just seems to be random for me and impossible to get through the amount the game is asking you to do.

I guess I'm just not going have 'Gold' Medals next to recipes with peeling in them.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
                            I'd have to say that's how I got through the spuds aswell. Took a while to get some golds though.

Gawd knows what it'll be like peeling spuds on the Wii ver.

Comment

Working...
                            X