Final Fantasy XII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revlob
    Without a guide to know what lies under each panel, I've been unlocking things all over the place.
    If I've got a bunch of LP to spend, I'll save the game, buy loads of crap to look around the board, then re-load to get what I really want.

I've really only used 3 characters so far, they're level 30 where the rest are 11-14, but the spares have over a thousand LP saved up that's good to use to explore the board after a save!

Comment

im level 52 with every character. i make sure that everyone is equal just incase, because i can use the odd 3 for backups and quickening overload.

Comment

I always make sure I use all units/characters aswell. Keeping them all at the same levels and having a well balanced party is something I've learned from playing SRPGs. Part of the strategy involved in this game is to call upon your 3 back-ups if things get too on top, so I always have all my party equal and most of all - all kept with buffed/positive status affects that are ready to be called on at all times in case they are needed.

@possible spoilers@

I try and keep my inactive members equiped

with Golden Amulets so they are getting double Lps each kill when not in battle,

and then the active members who I am using at the time all equipped with

Embroidered trinkets for Double exp on each kill while in battle

. I then swap these 3 items over on each character set to keep all my party levelling and gaining LPs as equally as is possible. When out in typical field runs I swap the 3 inactive members with active members every 25000 Exp, or there or there abouts, but obviously I have a think about it and re-arrange my party according to their strengths whenever there's a boss battle, hunts, or rare game.

The good thing about positive status effects in this game is that if the members aren't active they don't wear off, so I get three active members together and buff them all up with posi effects and then swap over do the same to the other three. I then use those while the other 3 units on the back burner are all still buffed up, so when I do make them active again they a ready with the necessary positive effects to be ready to turn the tide of battle at any time. I also nake sure to use them all because in this game the characters/units do all come with their own strengths(and weaknesses) that can be called upon to take advantage of any time while in battle.

I seem to always have 2 melee and 1 ranged in both sets of three characters whether they are inactive or not, and this obviously changes depending on what type of enemy I'm fighting and for any different strategies in boss fights needed. Alot of these techniques and strategies involved in FFXIIs battle system are ones I've picked up playing Matsuno's games in the past because there are many similar elements in FFXII to some of his games and to his SRPGs in general. Especially Ogre battle and FFtactics. The good thing here though is that there is enough freedom to do whatever the hell you want to do, so no way is the right way its all just your way.
        Last edited by AdamJW; 24-11-2006, 13:05.

Comment

sorry I double posted - Please delete this post when you have a spare moment - cheers
          Last edited by AdamJW; 23-11-2006, 13:36.

Comment

the 2nd fight with

Gilgamesh

is a nightmare. Like Adam said the guide does miss out a bit of information, doesn't tell you what level he is at on the 2nd part. He must have bajillion hit points.

Comment

The Brady guide does tell you

the details for Gilgamesh, second encounter he's 70 and has 473,246HP.

Comment

Originally posted by Revolution6000
                The Brady guide does tell you

the details for Gilgamesh, second encounter he's 70 and has 473,246HP.
                i didn't read it that far then. was reading the title for the hunt.

Comment

I've still found that there's an absolute rake of info missing from that Bradyguide. It often throws up more questions than it does answers alot of the time.

Comment

Fancy Earning Yourself $10???

Right, I've been playing this for the past few weeks (mostly at night) and have spent the last 4-5 hours lvl'ing all 6 main characters to lvl 20.

Now the problem,

I've been playing this quite late and i'm confused about the story, I only want a brief lowdown to the point in the game i'm at (in spoilers) and whichever kind person does will get 2x $5 play-asia vouchers in return.

See Spoiler.....

I've just captured Princess Ashe from the ship and am now heading off to the tomb of some dude to find the treasure to prove she's a princess.

I've figured out that Vayne is the main bad dude in the game but can someone give me a lowdown of why, the empire, who the other people are? Vossler etc. I know who each character i'm playing with are, their part in the game etc but i've just watched a cut-scene of some guy saying he'd kill his brother for the empire and I don't know who he is, or the king dude he was speaking too. i'm just confused

As i've said the first person to give me a decent lowdown of who people are until this point gets 2x $5 play-asia vouchers for taking the trouble.

Comment

Re: the cut scene.

I'm fairly sure that the guy saying he'd kill his brother was just a Judge, and the person he was talking to was Vayne's father, who is in charge of the empire.

It was a while ago, I may have mis-remembered!

To be honest, nothing made a lot of sense to me either at that point, I think if you just play on it'll all fall into place.

Glad to see people are still playing this, tbh, the thread had died! I'm up to 62 hours and still a way from the end. I've got my main three characters to level 61 now (the other three still languishing around the 12 mark, with 6000LP each) just by running around doing hunts

while having double EXP accessories on

I've done all the rank V hunts, just starting on the VI's and I've killed the first one of those. Really enjoying doing it too. Some of them are nicely hidden away, or there's a neat trick to making them appear, and it's fun collecting information etc and working out how it's done! This is the kind of thing that I'd ignore in most games for going after the main plot, so it's testament to how much fun I'm having that I'm bothering!

Comment

I'm still playing, taking my time to get the most out of it as I'm really enjoying it. I'm about 60 odd hours in too with main characters around lvl 55-56 and subs around 25. I've spent a whole week in a single dungeon mind :

Ridoranda Cateract is a bitch!

. Once I'm done with there I'm gonna spend some time polishing off a few hunts. I havent used a guide at all though so I'm guessing I've missed a hell of a lot of stuff.

Question for toythatkills:

How do you get the double EXP accessory? Not come across it yet.

That'd be damned handy!

Comment

I can't remember where exactly it was, now. But I just bought it in a shop somewhere, so I'm sure if you look around you can pick it up!

You're actually at the point just ahead of me it seems. I've just got
                          and when I pick up the story again,

Ridorana

is my destination

Comment

I've finished it myself - last Friday at 121 & 1/2 hours with all the huntmarks finished, and my characters al carrying levels around the 75 mark also.

I got all the hidden espers and the majority of the rare game, but alot of the requirements just to get some of those things to appear is a bit meh because of the deep backtracking to get to them I couldn't be arsed.

I did really enjoy it though, and its a fair challenge aswell, but I'm back on with my SRW now. I could go back and finish off a few little bits, but I will start it again at some point but not until after Zelda or Super Robot Wars OGs.
                            Last edited by AdamJW; 07-12-2006, 22:06.

Comment

I am really enjoying this too but it feels wierd to me to play it and not progress the story! The battle engine and exploring are a lot of fun so I enjoy playing it all. I've played about 15hrs and it is quite satisfying getting those enemy chains going.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills
                                You're actually at the point just ahead of me it seems. I've just got
                                and when I pick up the story again,

Ridorana

is my destination
                                I'm sure you probably have it already, but Esunaga is your friend!

Comment

Working...
                                X