Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sharky_ob View Post
    Bad choice. Your loss mate.
    I know it's a matter of taste, but I just felt bored wandering through these identikit dungeons, repeatedly running around creatures, doing melee attacks. I was just over six hours in, so if that was fairly indicative of what the overall game was like, I can live with my decision. I was constantly waiting for it to really get going - but it never happened.

Comment

Finally started to feel the addiction to the games that you are! Loving it now!

My main problem right now is level balancing. I like to keep my main characters slightly overlevelled, but it's becoming annoying keeping my other characters levelled.
      Right now my main team is ~lvl35-ish, and my others are 27-ish.

What do you guys do to keep your backup characters from falling too far behind?

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post

My main problem right now is level balancing. I like to keep my main characters slightly overlevelled, but it's becoming annoying keeping my other characters levelled.

You sir need an Embroidered Tripet.

Comment

Spent far too many hours on this again over the weekend.

Hunted a lot of marks including a couple of Flan types in Garasmythe Waterways that providing a stiff challenge.

One hunt took me into the Salikawood and had to defeat the

King Bomb

. Absolutely cracking boss fight where I had an awful start getting my party hit with Oil and Fira almost killing me outright. Somehow managed to recover it and cleared out the 4
          in support and started on the main boss. Attempts to Silence him failed (but never gave the Immune message) but with Vaan and Basch dealing the damage and Ashe in support with Cura as necessary I seemed to manage myself quite well. However, he had a move ‘Call for Help’ which summoned another
          for support and he kept repeating this. Luckily I was able to take each one out with 2 or 3 hits so if I kept switching target as they spawned I could deal with them before they caused too much trouble. After using Call for Help a number of times he would give up for a while allowing me to deal further damage. Seemed to have another twist up his sleeve as twice when I thought I had the win he recovered all his HP >_<

My determination paid off in the end as I managed to get Silence to stick taking his Fire spells out of the equation and then managed to finish him off with pure brute force. Fantastic boss battle and I actually felt like I worked for my win. A few of the earlier boss fights I feel that I’ve fluked my victory rather than earn it. Not so with this guy.

My final bit of activity was hunting another mark which supposedly lived in the Zertinian Caverns (one of the zones I had left for later exploration) so I saved my progress and went in via the Westersand entrance as recommended. Things started off very easily but I think I took a wrong and found myself on part of the map where the radar was scrambled. Never a good sign, I moved on anyway only to be faced with a flying dragon type boss. I actually managed to battle him down to 50&#37; HP but eventually got overwhelmed by the army of undead that kept spawning during the fight and lost. Once I’m up to around level 45 I’m heading back therefore revenge.

The sheer amount of stuff to do in this game continues to amaze me. I just realised that despite putting in over 10 hours play this weekend I didn’t progress the story one bit. Incredible!
          Last edited by C'; 22-01-2007, 08:52.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
            One hunt took me into the Salikawood and had to defeat the

King Bomb

Aww that was a hunt? I defeated him without picking up the hunt first, so I've lost out there - nuts!

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post

I've kept all of mine at the same level for the entire game. Now I've got three embroidered tippets and three golden amulates I just swap these around. I now let characters go up 2 levels before I swap to the others, let them get 2 levels ahead and repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                I know it's a matter of taste, but I just felt bored wandering through these identikit dungeons, repeatedly running around creatures, doing melee attacks. I was just over six hours in, so if that was fairly indicative of what the overall game was like, I can live with my decision. I was constantly waiting for it to really get going - but it never happened.
                This is typical final fantasy fare though - I suppose you either like it or you don't. The story in this game is fantastic, and some of the acting is superb. Fran and Balthier are 2 of my favourite characters out of any game ever.

Comment

embroidered tippets
                  I'm going to have to find out what these are methinks!

Comment

Aww that was a hunt? I defeated him without picking up the hunt first, so I've lost out there - nuts!
                    No sorry, bad wording on my part. I had to go into the part of Salikawood for my hunt that the boss was guarding.

Apologies

Comment

**** man, i jus did that yesterday! FFS! Can i still claim the hunt?

Comment

No sorry, bad wording on my part. I had to go into the part of Salikawood for my hunt that the boss was guarding.

Apologies
                        Phew Thanks C! Will sort this hunt out tonight!

Comment

No, No No

The

King Bomb

wasn’t the hunt. I was hunting something else and to get to it I had to defeat the

King Bomb

which I never expected.

Apologies for the total confusion I’ve caused XD

Comment

I tucked in to a little FFXII over the weekend, very satisfying

I'm just before

Draklor labs

and all my people are level 45 with +90 Deathbringer swords. Oddly enough even though I feel I have over levelled for this stage and have superior weapons, the enemies i was slaying in golmore jungle for exp were still taking three hits to go down, so maybe i'm not as powerful as I had thought...

Time for me to do some more hunts i feel, but i have been reluctant in the past as I know some unique armour can be stolen off some of the marks, but only at certain damage levels, eg steal below 40% health and again when it is below 20%. Must swot up lest i lose out! I'm still sore about missing out on the +150 zodiac spear (not that it comes from a mark mind you, as it doesn't).

Comment

No, No No

The

King Bomb

wasn?t the hunt. I was hunting something else and to get to it I had to defeat the

King Bomb

which I never expected.

Apologies for the total confusion I?ve caused XD
                              Oh right, that's a relief!!

Thinking about it, I fought him at exactly the same time. That hunt was the mutant nightmare style beast.

Comment

Out of curiosity, has anyone chopped

that old looking weathered tree down on East part of the Giza Plains when its raining? Dunno what it does, exceprt run south down the stream.

Any ideas?

Last edited by 112; 23-01-2007, 12:26. Reason: figured out how to do spoiler tags woooo......

Comment

Working...
                                X