No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There’s actually a number of old Withered Trees on Giza Plains during the Rains that you can knock down.

They are actually used for one of the

Giza Plains hunts that are available during the rains. Knock down enough (all?) of the trees and they gather at a point to the East to form a bridge to a hidden part of the map where the Mark will spawn when conditions are right.

I also found an urn there which had an item that allowed me to

talk to the non-fiend cockatrice (such as those in the Nomad Village).

Serious!

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post

There?s actually a number of old Withered Trees on Giza Plains during the Rains that you can knock down.

They are actually used for one of the

Giza Plains hunts that are available during the rains. Knock down enough (all?) of the trees and they gather at a point to the East to form a bridge to a hidden part of the map where the Mark will spawn when conditions are right.

I also found an urn there which had an item that allowed me to

talk to the non-fiend cockatrice (such as those in the Nomad Village).

Serious!
      Sounds like the start of a sidequest!

Comment

2 more marks successfully hunted last night. The Marilith in Zertinian Caverns and Darksteel in Sochen Cave Palace.

Current active hunt is the Lindwyrm which is supposed to spawn in the Highlands area of Tchita Uplands. No sign of it when I hunted last night but hopefully I’ll have more luck this evening.

Comment

Thanks C will sort that out tonight! How in the world am i suppose to know that!

Anyways gone are the days when i had time to work out stuff like that, now its all about plowing through and enjoying it at break neck speed. Thus is life in the fast lane lol!

Comment

I actually paid attention to how many hours are on my save file last night and was shocked to see my game up at 65 hours played. This was supposed to be something I’d finish quickly before going back to Final Fantasy X International. Don’t even think I’m anywhere close to finishing it either (last thing I did storywise was

defeat Cid at Draklor laboratory

).

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post
              I actually paid attention to how many hours are on my save file last night and was shocked to see my game up at 65 hours played. This was supposed to be something I?d finish quickly before going back to Final Fantasy X International. Don?t even think I?m anywhere close to finishing it either (last thing I did storywise was

defeat Cid at Draklor laboratory

).
              The last thing you did was a bitch wasnt it? Made it out by sheer fluke!

It only gets harder mate! Im on the next bit and im stuck!

Out of curiosity, how many characters have you got that can attack flying enemies? Cos alls i have is fran and her bow, but feel i need atleast another. What do you think? I am finding it hard though fighting flying enemies. My characters are on lv 40 odd near 50 ish if that helps.

Comment

wasn’t actually that bad for me. I’ve certainly had bosses where I feel I fluked the win but not in this instance fortunately.

For the flying fiends, I have 4 characters who are able to equip ranged weapons.

Vaan is able to use Crossbows (but I never have him do so)
                Balthair can use a Gun or Pole.
                Fran uses a Bow or Katana
                Penelo uses Crossbow or Ninja Swords.

For Basch and Ashe I have Gambits set up so that when we combat a Flying fiend, they will use Techniks such as Horology or 1000 Needles. Basch also seems to have quite powerful Black Magic so have another Gambit setup for him where he will use Fira on any fiend that has Oil status, which I will then try and inflict on the flyer.

Bit concerned that you’re just in front of me story wise yet are close to lvl50 and struggling. My level range is 40-42 across all characters

Comment

it must be my poor use of the gambits, also my weapons and armour are ****e, as i spent more time on the building of their abilities as oppossed to their equipment. My bad.......

about setting gambits for allies to use magic, does itr not deplete it too quickly then? After all you still need them to heal you also, right?

I personally think im going about the whole fighting strategy all wrong, i preffer melee attacks cos i feel they do more damage in quick successions. Should i be concentrating on magic then? I jus feel my magic is constantly being drained all the time, and buying ethers is a pain in the arse lol! Surely there must be a magical ability to heal yah mp.

you seem to have things figured out C, good on you.

Comment

For MP I’ve made sure everyone has at least 2 Mist gauges. That really helps with the MP pools.

MP can sometimes be an issue for the heavy magic users. I don’t have everyone set to be healers. Ashe is my main healer (probably the closest I have to a White mage). She has one gambit set up to cast Protect on allies so she keeps them topped up. I also find Curaga set for HP Critical situations is more MP efficient than trying to catch every small bit of damage with a standard Cure. I have most characters with a Self: Regen gambit (the only characters who don’t are Basch who doesn’t have the relevant White Magic license and Vaan who I don’t use gambits for so if these people want Regen I have to do it manually).

Important thing is to make sure if you have a character setup for dealing magic damage that you don’t want this character also responsible for curing as you will find the MP depletes far too quickly.

Also, make any black magic gambits specific to situations where they are most effective. Basch won’t use Fira all the time, only when the Foe has Oil status (thus making the Fira more effective). Helps with the MP. ‘Regular’ magic use is done manually by myself (I never rely 100% on gambits) usually in situations where I want to damage a number of foes at once.

There are augmentation licenses designed to help recover MP. I think one of them recovers MP when magic damage is dealt. Not fully sure how it calculates the MP recovered but it appears to be a case that the more damage the spell does, the more MP is recovered. This means that if the spell hits 3 or 4 foes, you get a nice chunk of MP back. There was a boss fight where around 4 or 5 undead continually respawned and Basch was repeatedly casting Fira to clear them out. Despite this, his MP was still close to being full, I can only assume his magic was doing so much damage per cast across 4 monsters that the cost of casting the spell was negated.

There’s also the Charge Technik to fall back on if you get desperate for MP but the risk involved in using that means I will often save it for instances where my MP has dropped to the 40-50 mark.

Despite all this, I wouldn’t consider your use of melee to be wrong mate. Magicks/Techniks have there place but I’d still say most of my damage comes from melee. Do you have a character equipped with Ninja Swords? If I give Penelo Haste when she’s equipped with the Ninja Sword her damage is immense. Swings so fast and the multiple hits process so often. Crazy damage.

Comment

Funny to read how everyone is developing their characters. My Vaan is equipped with a sword (is there anyone who has him equiped with something else?), knows white magic and is physically the strongest of 'em all (but that's because he is at least four levels above the other characters and has deathbringer equiped. Just finished the mount something part...). Fran is my black mage, but she is a ninja too... Pretty strong girl. Ashe is a White Mage. Has a staff and is kinda weak. Bash has a hammer or axe and only knows a few healing spells. Balthier is equiped with a crossbow at the moment. He can also use gun. Knows a couple of healing spells. Not much else. Penelope has a spear and knows a lot of magic. White, black, time... She is pretty strong. Anyone has the complete opposite?

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
                        Out of curiosity, how many characters have you got that can attack flying enemies? Cos alls i have is fran and her bow, but feel i need atleast another. What do you think?

My guys were pretty rubbish against flyers, but I have just bought aeroga and have set up a gambit so that enemy=flying, cast aeroga. Haven't had a chance to try it yet but it should be pretty handy. Add that to the warmage skill that C' talks about, hopefully MP won't be a problem, especially as everyone has three mist gauges...

Comment

Got to the end today and had my ass truely handed to me by the final judge. Vaan and Fran are my 2 main charas with Vaan around lvl 58 and Fran about 56. My other party members are in the mid forties.

Gonna have to go off and grind for a bit and maybe do some hunts or find some of the hidden espers. As long as i'm done before Rogue Galaxy arrives then i'll be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Xhorder View Post
                            Funny to read how everyone is developing their characters. My Vaan is equipped with a sword (is there anyone who has him equiped with something else?), knows white magic and is physically the strongest of 'em all (but that's because he is at least four levels above the other characters and has deathbringer equiped. Just finished the mount something part...). Fran is my black mage, but she is a ninja too... Pretty strong girl. Ashe is a White Mage. Has a staff and is kinda weak. Bash has a hammer or axe and only knows a few healing spells. Balthier is equiped with a crossbow at the moment. He can also use gun. Knows a couple of healing spells. Not much else. Penelope has a spear and knows a lot of magic. White, black, time... She is pretty strong. Anyone has the complete opposite?
                            My Vaan is a Polearm user. He focuses on Green and Time Magick but has the lower license White and Black Magicks.

Balthier can use gun or Pole and focuses on Green Magick along with backup White and Black (more than Vaan).

Fran uses bow or katana and focuses on black magick with again some white if needed.

Ashe is my primary White Magick user but also has Green Magick for Protect and Shell. Uses a sword and shield.

basch I've tried to develop as a dark knight type character so he focuses solely on Black Magick and Techniks like Souleater/1000 Needles. He uses axe/hammer and shield but considering switching him over to Great Sword.

I try to play my Penelo like a ninja with Ninja Swords and Green/Arcane Magicks for imposing debuffs on foes. She also has Time Magic so she can haste herself for those non-stop ninja sword attacks.

Comment

Pal anyone ?

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike View Post
                                Pal anyone ?
                                ooo, no thanks, I couldn't have a another bite. I'm stuffed with NTSC goodness

Comment

Working...
                                X