No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been playing this for 40+ hours and I still haven't got to grips with the gambit system yet. Every character is simply set to attack nearest enemy and heal allies with health under 50%. It's ridiculous - I haven't even set them up with individual roles, like gunner, healer, mage or whatever. I've just bludgeoned my way through this, and scraped through to the Stilshrine of Miriam.

Fun though, mostly.

Comment

Originally posted by dogen View Post
      I've been playing this for 40+ hours and I still haven't got to grips with the gambit system yet. Every character is simply set to attack nearest enemy and heal allies with health under 50%. It's ridiculous - I haven't even set them up with individual roles, like gunner, healer, mage or whatever. I've just bludgeoned my way through this, and scraped through to the Stilshrine of Miriam.

Fun though, mostly.
      I never really used any complex Gambits. Some people are really good at it, but I was not, and I still completed the game very easily.

I did set up stuff like auto healing poison, buff my characters when they run out etc.

Comment

I am stuck on an ice boss in the Stilshrine of Miriam though, so I dunno, I may have to dig deep and try some gambits or something. I can't be bothered though - I just want to knock this game on the head and move onto something else. =o

Actually, can anyone tell me how far through the game I am?

Comment

Originally posted by dogen View Post

Fun though, mostly.
          I havn't done that much with the gambit system myself. But its worth having any good magic users buff up your main character (or all your characters), like Shakey Jake said. For example, set a gambit to have someone cast protect on your party leader (as it'll be your party leader thats taking most damage) or any party member. If you put it at the bottom of your list and 'attack nearest enemy' or 'attack party leaders target' (to save all your characters running off after different enemies) than they'll only cast it outside of battle. Haste is also very useful, I have my two magic users in my main party set to cast that on everyone.

I've never set a gambit for items however, don't no why, I guess there's never been a need and you can at least sell items unlike magic.

Comment

I am just past that boss dogen and I have my peeps at 30-34 (I think!) Not sure on how far you are but that was a real pain, having to take out the Mini things first before having a go at main boss, I dont seem to have dispel to nullify its reflect so went crazy on gambits & physical, was quite long, quite like the
            fight earlier. I am really glad everyone I have is all round good at everything although I have some ranged and some close fighting, the magic is just a bonus

@ Cham, I have gambits to relieve confuse status which pops up a lot, the haste one, shell & protect and also attack party leaders target, having them go mad for anyone in range just isnt productive and so far its worked a treat. One strike from each is nearly enough for each beast this far.
            Last edited by Guest; 29-07-2007, 18:39.

Comment

Originally posted by angelx View Post
              I am just past that boss dogen and I have my peeps at 30-34 (I think!) Not sure on how far you are but that was a real pain, having to take out the Mini things first before having a go at main boss, I dont seem to have dispel to nullify its reflect so went crazy on gambits & physical, was quite long, quite like the
              fight earlier. I am really glad everyone I have is all round good at everything although I have some ranged and some close fighting, the magic is just a bonus
              Mine are the same or there abouts. Panelo's on 29, and the rest are between 30-33 I think, so not too far off. I've had a couple cracks at the boss, but usually get nailed before I take out the minions floating around. But I'll stick at it.

Comment

I've just done Pharos which has to be the most boring required dungeon I've ever done (including the final one of FFIII) word of advice : DONT use two green crystals in a row (you'll know what I'm talking about) unless you want to fight lots of tough undead.

Comment

I found that section really good for levelling up, of course at the time that wasn't what I was thinking everytime I ended up back in that square after somehow messing up what was an obscenely simple puzzle..........

Comment

Finished it now. Have mixed feelings about the game overall. The hunts seemed a bit pointless and didn't give enough rewards for the time they took. the battle system was interesting but all too often in boss battles you'd end up with one character left trying to raise part members, getting killed and then having that member try to rez (needed to be a raise all spell).

The licence system was decent but you max out the stat boosts too fast and the only customisation it really forces is the armour and weapons.

the plot is slightly light weight with the conclusion feeling a bit sudden and Vaan and Penelo get next to no character development at all.

Overall fun and it's nice that Squeenix are being adventurous with Final Fantasy now they've Dragon Quest under the same brand to satisfy traditionalists. Just felt the game was lacking that extra something as, despite the epic nature of the plot, it didn't seem to have the impact of earlier FFs or Xenogears.

Comment

started playing this last week for the first time, just got to mt bur omisace and going back doing some of the mark hunts now that my levels can handle it. just beat that white mousse thing who was an absolute bugger.

proper loving the game so far, the storyline/voiceacting whatever is a bit meh but the environments/battle system/all the nice little touches really do it for me. one of the best games i've played in a good while. and i actually don't mind levelling up on this one (unlike the older ones, which was pretty nauseating)

Comment

Does anyone know if it's worth getting the international version?

Comment

Actually it just might be.

There are quite a few additional features, including a Game+ mode ( which I'd of really liked in the non-int version )

There are twelve license boards now, to go with the signs of the zodiac ( hence the subtitle ).

The battle system is being tweaked allowing you to control guest characters and summoned creatures. There are some new spells and gambits, and there's a new "Trial Mode" which allows you to go monster hunting across some different maps.

The good news is that it will have the English voices and the widescreen support that's in the NTSC-US release ( I'm not 100% sure that it has English menus though - confirmed that the menus aren't in English ).

I think I'll be making a purchase in fact I think I'll do it now - done
                          Last edited by MartyG; 09-08-2007, 09:06.

Comment

The International Version looks amazing and I can’t wait to try it out, but I still hope S-E break form and give us a westernised release.

English voices are all well and good but the text is going to be a massive struggle for me.

Comment

Yeah, I think for me too unfortunately :/ I'll be giving it a go though.

Shame as FF-X International was all fully Engla-philed, FFX-2 wasn't however.

Chances of this getting a Westenised released are very very slim sadly.

Comment

Yes, Final Fantasy X International was amazing and was gutted when they made X-2 International japanese text only as X-2 is one of my favourite FF games.

I keep buying these Internation/Final Mix games they release but the majority I hardly touch due to the Japanese text issue. Such a shame that S-E don’t do US releases of titles like Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix and FF12 International.

Comment

Working...
                                X