No announcement yet.

Final Fantasy XII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mists are useful but they will not win you the game unless well timed, it sounds like you have levelled suffciently, that's all. The mist charges are a risk as they wipe out your MP, if you have a lot to do, it is very tricky.

Comment

I am well-levelled (I think), party all around level 23, highest 25, lowest 21 and i've just reached the Jungle area. Still the last few marks i've just killed in one mist combo which like I said, seems a bit of a fluke - still, no reason to complain, its up to me whether I choose to use it. All of my chars have 3 quickenings and it seems a bit soon to reach this state. My levels aren't that high but i've got pretty far around the license board with all of my characters, I must have been racking up the LP quicker than usual. If you cap at lvl 99, I imagine i'll have covered the whole board ages before then, especially as levelling up becomes an increasingly long process.

Decided to swap around my main party, can't stand Vaan tbh and even though he's the lead and I feel he should be my main character, i've had to replace him with Balthier. Now have Balthier, Fran and Ashe which i'm quite chuffed with. Think i'm going to have to get rid of that elfin bow and give Fran a lovely katana.

Comment

Balthier is just cool though! That is most definitely allowed. My two main charas are Balthier dealing firearms damage and Ashe with magic.

Comment

Originally posted by Briareos View Post
          Just finished Girvegan (sic), and everyone is above 60, the uber grind continues! I fully intend to get everyone up to 99 and I'll try and post a screenshot if i ever do it. ...
          Finally managed it! I'm pretty chuffed as I have never maxed characters out in a Final Fantasy before:

Also during the final process i reached the chain limit, the counter stops at 999:

Now I'm farming items to make Tournsol. I was worried that maxing out the levels would make things easy but there are still a few places that can put up a fight!

Comment

Briareos, looking at them stats makes me wanna cry! Im nowehre near and it will take a century to get there at this rate......... Ive left teh game alone for a few months to play other games, but your impressive stats have made me want to ventrue back to sample the delights of thsi game again.......... Sigh........

Well done man!

Comment

I picked up this over the weekend, first Final Fantasy since number 7. I have no idea what I'm doing but I want to play some more! I really like the battle system, well...I will like the battle system when there is more to do (only have one other in party at the moment). I keep trying to take down enemies far harder than me, must stop doing that - should have known that it wouldn't let me kill a T-Rex at level one

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                I picked up this over the weekend, first Final Fantasy since number 7. I have no idea what I'm doing but I want to play some more! I really like the battle system, well...I will like the battle system when there is more to do (only have one other in party at the moment). I keep trying to take down enemies far harder than me, must stop doing that - should have known that it wouldn't let me kill a T-Rex at level one
                You'll be taking the the T-Rex's down in no time, well soonish anyway.

In some ways I wish I was in your position, its one of those games you desperately wish to forget and play again from the beginning just to experience it all over again whilst still being fresh. Anyone else get that? - when you feel nostalgic thinking about the beginning of a game. I'm on my own here aren't I...

Even so, I still havn't finished, i've been trying to fight the harder marks without relying on mist, not getting so far, but i've taken a few down.

I only just realised that I had been completely forgetting to equip my characters with proper armour, some of my characters defense ratings were below 10 when I reached Phon Coast. Anyway, i've done some saving and got them all equipped with decent armour, all those black garbs I robbed in the Salikawood certainly helped here as well.

Comment

I'm not really liking the inability to use items until I've grabbed the licence. It's a very clever system and I appreciate the benefits it gives, but if I see a sword that's better than what I'm using, I want to use it!

I'm finding the licence board a bit daunting.

Gambits are awesome though, as is the battle system. Took down the first boss in the sewers last night, which was easy but fun!

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
                    Well done man!

It was a bit hellish at times, but i was following a faq and so I knew I was getting xp in the most efficient way so it soothed the grind a little!

Originally posted by Champloo View Post
                    Anyone else get that? - when you feel nostalgic thinking about the beginning of a game. I'm on my own here aren't I...
                    Not quite, I was showing off the pre rendered videos to my housemates and so restarted so i could play them the intro again and i spotted more things this time around like the mention of

the fall of nabudis

I'm finding the licence board a bit daunting.
                    I found the best way to get to grips with it was to accrue a fair few APs, save and then have an explore over the board. Then reload and go off in a different direction. It seem to be structured to help you if you choose a particular direction, such as putting all the white magic in a line and then having white magic bonuses adjacent to those tiles etc etc.

Comment

AFter seeing this thread pop up, and the fact I've given up FFXI I gave it another go. The story bores me silly, all this knightly stuff really isnt my thing, its so convoluted (and to be fair FFXI suffered from this too at times, but this is overload). But! the game is so addictive and easy to play what with the gambit system, crude but fun, makes grinding the levels much more bearable. The style grows on you eventually, but if you come from XI its not as fantastic in creature design, but the scenery is really great, ( with the Exception of the Kings Tomb which looked sillly with so many spikes , more like a toy) I am only Up to the snow mountain now and 28-30, I have No idea how much longer the game has to go but I have already clocked up over 40 hours! I wonder if I will be able to go back to replay a couple of other ps2 rpgs after this I never got round to ( FFX & X-2)

Comment

I'm about 8 hours in and getting my backside kicked left right and centre, trying to kill the two judges. I can kill one but then the other flattens me

And then I have to replay half an hour of gameplay to get back to them. Bad save point!

Comment

I'm about 8 hours in and getting my backside kicked left right and centre, trying to kill the two judges. I can kill one but then the other flattens me

And then I have to replay half an hour of gameplay to get back to them. Bad save point!
                          That is the whole scenario that pushed me into power levelling. I hated that bit. I can't remember the details but is there a savepoint where you can grind a few levels before you trigger that battle?

Comment

Yeah you can grind before hand. I've done it now, just levelled up once for all characters and managed my Gambits and licences a bit better (took two healers). I also did what it told me not to do and took out all the adds before taking on the bosses, really helped. The second encounter a bit later on was quite hard but fell first time

Comment

Ugh I'm feeling I'm way underpowered with this game. I've come across this flaming bird thing (

entrance to tomb

) and it wipes my whole party in a few minutes. I barely scratch it. My main party is about level 14 but the rest are level 12.

During the mist attacks what am I meant to do with the 'shuffle' command?

Comment

Ugh I'm feeling I'm way underpowered with this game. I've come across this flaming bird thing (

entrance to tomb

) and it wipes my whole party in a few minutes. I barely scratch it. My main party is about level 14 but the rest are level 12.

During the mist attacks what am I meant to do with the 'shuffle' command?
                                The mist are a bit of a cheat tbh and I used them far too much near the start of the game. Basically, only shuffle if there's no highlighted moves to choose from, which means you havn't got enough charge for any of the moves offered. Each character can have up to three quickenings which require either 1, 2 or 3 mist charges. Say you have 1 mist charge available with Vaan (it won't say how many you have, you just have to keep it in your head) and a level 2 quickening appears next to his name, then you won't be able to use it. If this was the case with all your characters, than you would need to shuffle until you either find a quickening with one of your characters which you do have enough charge to use, or until you get the option to 'mist charge' which refills all three mist charges. Don't know if thats made much sense.

As for the boss, if i'm thinking of the right one than

there should be a certain item you can get to make it easier. Went down no problem for me and I don't know how far thats because I had this item, or because I was just over-levelled.

Comment

Working...
                                X