No announcement yet.

Capcom Classics Remixed PSP US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the next one will. Although I'd almost prefer they just did a seperate SF collection to include, well, as much as possible. Some sort of SF history collection. My dream is that someday we'll get a fighter specific handheld (or redesign of PSP) that will have all of the Capcom fighters. It's frustrating that the PSP can replicate the games so well (SFA3, Guilty Gear etc) and yet be crippled by the d-pad and buttons.

I actually really like that some of the games on this collection are more obscure - I certainly didn't play a lot of these games before. Finally finished SF1 though, as awful as it is, after well over ten years. I got to Sagat once or twice in the arcades back in the day but could never afford to pump money into it on the random chance that I might beat him. It was one of those unfinished goals in my life.

I'm amazed they haven't done anything since with Captain Commando (outside of throwing him into the vs games). It's an excellent game!

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang
      I'm amazed they haven't done anything since with Captain Commando (outside of throwing him into the vs games). It's an excellent game!
      Yeah the weapons and foes are more inventive than Final Fight, but it lacks the big sprites and characterisation. The final boss is bizzare though?! I think i did more damage from dying than actually hitting him. The others werent nearly as nasty, so i'd love to know how to beat him without pumping in a squillion credits...

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang
        It's frustrating that the PSP can replicate the games so well (SFA3, Guilty Gear etc) and yet be crippled by the d-pad and button.
        You should perform the d-pad modification. It completely fixes the diagonals problem. I can now play SFZ3 with no problems at all, and stuff like Gradius Portable has been given a new lease of life.

Best ?6 I ever spent on eBay.

Comment

Well I have the pad add-on that came with SFZ3 and it makes a huge difference. It's still not ideal though and the dodgy shoulder buttons don't help.

Comment

RE: The d-pad mod...I've noticed a rather annoying after-effect.

When I press right on the pad, if I press too firmly it registers as a diagonal right-up. I've opened the PSP up twice to see if I've fitting the mod wrong, but it looks fine - it's lined up perfectly.

Anyone else experienced this?

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar
              RE: The d-pad mod...I've noticed a rather annoying after-effect.

When I press right on the pad, if I press too firmly it registers as a diagonal right-up. I've opened the PSP up twice to see if I've fitting the mod wrong, but it looks fine - it's lined up perfectly.

Anyone else experienced this?
              Duddy, I had a similar thing happen & slightly loosening the screw directly behind the D-pad sorted it.

Comment

Ah, great stuff, thanks for the tip. I'll give that a go.

Comment

I know I'm a lazy bast (not searching), but could you tell me where you got your dpad enhancer thang from? Might pick one up meself..

Comment

Hello

Are there any differences between the US, JAP and UK versions of this collection? Im trying to decide which one to go for. I would like to go for the Jap one, as its slightly cheaper

Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                    X