Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will too.

Comment

Tis a great game - just dat its just more of the same - i like bike racing games dont get me wrong but after a while i become bored - why dont they (Climax) just add some fighting in to spruce things up, infact make it all out terrains, add pedestrian traffic, weapons and we're onto a winnner - a new Road Rash!

Comment

Really disappointed by this. Doesn't feel much different to 3 TBH. Differences between the handling in the Gran Turismo games, for example, are immediately apparent to me but this doesn't feel any different to the last game.

Maybe they've given the GFX of 3 a quick spruce up while they're working on the proper new version for the next game.

Test Drive is much better

Comment

Ok finally downloaded and tried it out for 2 hours.

To be honest I am surprised by the amount of negative responses here, truly I cant see what all the fuss is about. I will concede the demo isnt perfect but it seems its main issues are in the graphics department as there is Vsync tearing, no motion blur effects and the odd bit of slowdown on tight corners (reminds me of MotoGP2).

Thing is though.... its a bloody demo!

Other than those minor issues its the same as it ever was and I dont think its a bad thing at all. Its fast, handles superbly and 16 players online is still brilliantly implemented that its hard to find a fault there, nice nostalgia feel seeing the lobby design as well.

I still havent found my niche with the braking, I used to use a very weird control setup when I was hooked on MotoGP2 and though I have the racing lines nailed (because they are imprinted in my brain) the braking points are the only thing I havent sussed yet.

Anyway I think it looks great on 360, I compared it to MotoGP2 and MotoGP3 last night side by side (flicking channels on my projector) and it definitely looks hugely improved when its right there in your face. So IMO great demo and hopefully the finished game will be even more polished.

Oh and there is a bug in the demo, dont go into settings and try to view your friends scoreboards as it freezes the game.

Comment

I've only been playing with manual gears and finally won a few single player races today.

Comment

plays ok, sounds good but i don't see any big improvement over Moto GP 2 and 3 (Xbox). i had also hoped for something visually more advanced. so far disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko
                I'm sure, but they shouldn't be set up like this in the first place. Every Xbox racer uses the triggers for accelerate/brake - it's what they were designed for!

Anyway, it's the least of the game's problems to be frank.
                Except the three previous games used this as you have access to front and rear braking, an important part of riding a bike.

Comment

I used to use a setup with part 2 where I had gas on the right trigger for the analogue, front brake on the left trigger and rear brake on X. Maybe an idea for those that don't like the default setup?

Comment

Had a chance to do a 16 player online race - it really is superb. Collisions happen, and that can take you out without being at fault, but the racing itself is very fierce, top stuff.

Oh, I won \o/

Comment

Congratulations.

I've only managed to win one race so far. Third place throughout the whole race on tokyo, with the three of us infront very close together. On the final corner they collided, sending each other off their bikes while I took the lead and won the race.

Very fun game.

Comment

I invited you in - shame you didn't join.

Comment

I didn't see the invite. Sorry mate.

Up for a race in 5 minutes?

Comment

Working...
                          X