Viewtiful Joe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bleh, cheap

Gonna have to give that trick with the dodging out tho, am sure I've done it with the Metal Leo's but I usually let them spin coz I kinda like killing them :P

Don't like using bombs or voomerangs cept on Captain Blue at the end coz he kicks my ass with that lightning trap nonesense

Oh and what's 'SlowZ RHOH' about, where's the RH come into it ??

Comment

Red Hot One Hundred, Slow & Zoomed. In my giddyness I obviously cant express myself right. Hope you know what I mean though, Saurien came up with the expression I'm trying to say, maybe I still have it wrong...

Anyway, have Captain Blue now and hope to complete it with him tonight, now I have that cheap trick sorted for Leo I'm gonna go for Alaster again too. Have to say though, I don't like using it on Leo, I enjoy fighting him but without the markers letting you know when to dodge its a mammoth task. Won't be long until I can lay this game to rest...

Comment

He does different pitched grunts depending on if he's going high or low takes a while to learn coz you have no reason to until Ultra V-Rated,
        Originally posted by spoiler
        well and with Captain Blue to but that's after Ultra-V anyways
        it's not too bad if you're pulsing slow coz you don't take damage really just fluff the spin break when you mess up. I only actually learnt the pulse slow thing on Ultra-V Leo. I'd been dodging at regular speed until then which his why he was such a bother for me when I got round to him

Haven't been on it for a while now, trying to rainbow V on Adults sapped the fun out of the game for me a little.

I think I'm more a finishist than a completist

Comment

Managed to leave this thread alone for a while, and I'm sure your copy of Joe is now buried under a pile of new titles, but I'm still feeling it.

I have three saves on the go at the moment. V-Rated with Joe,V-Rated with Sylvia and trying to get better than overall "Baaaad" rating with Joe on Adults. I just keep bouncing from one save to another.

Anyways, I'm working to complete this on Ultra V-Rated, but I just want to know one thing:

Originally posted by spoiler
          Once I finish the game for a third time is there more to come as the end of Adults would suggest? Just a Yes or No would be great.
          Also who in here has completed this on Ultra? Lets get a Heroness Hall of Fame going. [/color][/quote]

Comment

It's on!

I dont have any data anymore but I'm getting my copy back on Saturday, gotta re-awaken my Heroness man!

Comment

Ive finished it on Ultra - V rated with Joe the other day. One of the most satisfying gaming achievements

Comment

I've already mentioned it, but I've completed it with Joe on Ultra-V-Rated.

Comment

just a quick question for all, who plays with the SCII stick? I have done up to the point of stupid lion/fire/evil bastard boss who i cannot beat to save my life. I was reading this and thought i might go back to it with a pad and some new tactics. Prob best to start again though.

Comment

The pad is absolutely perfect for VJ. I could never even imagine trying to play it with a stick. Everything is 'there' when you need it. It may look small, but the d-pad is oh so sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Blair
                      just a quick question for all, who plays with the SCII stick?
                      i never use my stick for joe. i can't figure a way to hold L + R and be able to hit any of the 4 other buttons at the same time.

if you figure it out post me a diagram. if you've got 6 fingers that doesn't count!

Comment

I played with the stick at first when that Viewtiful Joe demo was about and when I first got the game. But soon realised you need fingers over everything (especially when you get Zoom-In and start toggling it quickly to access the extra attacks) and stopped using it in favour of the GC pad which is perfect for the game I feel.

Comment

I keep meaning to try it with my Hori pad, but haven't quite got round to it yet...

Comment

My god, it's only just clicked!! You really do need to use all your powers. I've just defeated the harrier between the lava pillars without getting hit once or falling back to the ground. When I gave up playing a few months ago I was always getting swamped by the black ninja dudes and waves of missiles - didn't see any this time. I have a feeling I should restart the game to get fully back into it rather than continue from this stale save game. But yay for me anyway, I'm not normally this suh-lowwwww

Comment

For my sins I've only picked this up recently

Steady progress has been made as far as Fire Leo in the Adults mode. But he is just absolutely pasting me. I'm calling it quits for a couple of days lest my bad temperament result in a broken a Gamecube

Aside from that though, I really can't believe I hadn't bought this before now. Still, better late than never

Comment

Check my cheap tricks to defeat Leo if your having problems mate. Few pages back or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X