No announcement yet.

Viewtiful Joe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm proper pulsing Mach speed throughout , doing stupid poses and making Joe go "w00t w00t" before and after enemy sets - every single set I can tackle completely differently (mixing frames, aerial to ground to aerial - using the stage sides, planning the enemy attack order), mistakes if any can be recovered instantly - proper attacking the game HARD but at the same time taking the piss. That's what I love most about this game there is nothing the player cant do with the system given it's pure PLAY!
    Last edited by Saurian; 24-08-2004, 15:37.

Comment

"It's got to the point now where VFX to me is for dramatic effects as well as combos."

"It now THE LAW that you have to buss ZOOM + Slow at the end of each section as the Rainbow V comes up!"

Saur you are some next level brer!!

I like the sound of Dante getting bust down to his undies - has a Ghost n' Goblins flavour to it.

Got to get back into this game, Burnout 2 has been taking all my time but I pretty much pwnz that now. It was the perfect post VJ game with its mellow burnout drifting, zone racing. Time to get back to the hectic Heroness though!!!

Saur, on the same "dramatic effects" vibe, I always jump close to a ledge/Chandelier miss it on purpose then double jump while in the air to flip onto it. Even with basic gaps, just feels and looks cool.

Comment

I hear that!

Some of my favourite ones are:
        You Mach Speed the jumping dive and slow it when it connects to the floor rapidly tapping zoom!

KP cancels - keep cancelling the K P faster and faster as you move towards an enemy then mix it into the crouch equivalent faster and faster and BUSS IT with one last punch + ZOOM!

When you connect slow 360 kick on multiple targets you keep rapidly tapping Zoom to make it look SICK!!

Chain uppercuts with zoom - setup 4 or 5 enemies and Uppercut slide cancel them in sequnce adding a longer Zoom each time.

Uppercut - then go Slow PKPKPK damn fast so only the last move (A Flashkick to put Guile's to shame) actually comes out. I've memorised Air Joe and know how many PK cancels active each move.

Mach speed run while rapidly taping Zoom

Up-up to make Joe go "w00t w00t"

SLOW + ZOOM and hold it in when the Rainbow V comes up and the crowd cheers - It's pure cheese but IT's LAW!

The game is genius.

Comment

I'm thieving all that stuff off you man! Taking it home tonight for maximum showboating!

Comment

What version are you guys playing? Is the Japanese version out yet?

Comment

The american PS2 version has just been released. The Jpn PS2 version comes out on the 9th Sept. They are taliking about the GC version.

Comment

Is there a website somewhere which explains how to do the bonus moves you buy. I figured out Sliding kick but what extra do you get by upgrading Mach Speed? And Air Joe?

Started playing this through again after beating Jameson last time and wiping my memory card (moo), I can V on V-points and defence but I nearly always get a D for time. How on earth are you lot getting V's for all three categorys?!

PS the Hori pad makes a huge difference playing this game, I initially thought the pad was cheap ****e when I bought it, but it's loosening up now and the buttons have stopped clunking - well recommended for this and Ikaruga.

Comment

Originally posted by superkully
                  Started playing this through again after beating Jameson last time and wiping my memory card (moo), I can V on V-points and defence but I nearly always get a D for time. How on earth are you lot getting V's for all three categorys?!
                  If you are V'ing on Points and Defence you just have to work on getting through the section as quickly as possible while still not getting hit and racking up combos. That's were FAST comes in. Sounds obvious but try to get used to speeding through sections when ever you are not fighting.

I was bussin the KP cancel meth last night - that my friends is teh good ****! Helps you move around faster during combos.

Comment

You guys really need to play this on Ultra V rated! I felt like Neo after finishing it!

Comment

This is going to show me up as the super noobius that I am, but what is a 'KP cancel'? Why would you want to cancel a KickPunch?

Comment

Hit slow and watch how Joe moves.

If you change direction by pushing the stick the other way Joe's animation is him physically turning round, if you throw a puch or kick or have to wait for the punch/kick animation to finish before you can move......if you're teh n00b.

Joe's system allows frame cancels in just about every situation, the basic law is that punch cancels kick and vice versa. So to turn Joe around quickly throw a punch and cancel it with opposite direction + kick just a couple frames in and Joe will instantly turn around with a kick animation.

Now instead of waiting for that kick to finish it's animation so you can move again you can make Joe track horizontally by repeatly K/P cancelling so that he tracks as a result in the K/P animation switches. It's as fast as walking with no delay on turns. There are 2 good ways to track on the ground; standard JoeStep(tm) K/P cancels and Sliding>uppercut>Sliding cancel.

Air Joe is an air combo (Aerial Rave) - when standard you get the same punch and kick repeating, but with Air Joe you get a proper chain as you would on the ground. These can be cancelled so you can make Joe float or (as I prefer) memorise the moves so that you know how many cancels activate each move - so I can finish setups with a Flashkick, Backfist or Dropkick because it looks grime!

Mach speed when connected by holding K or P as an attack will send afterimages of Joe into the background which will enable you to collect items you cant reach - they are also a striking attack to enemies. Upgrading Mach Speed increases the number of afterimages.

Viewtiful Forever is a counter - Zoom in when Joe does the Neo dodge in Slow and Joe will strike a pose and the enemies are dazzled.

Ukemi is a tech-roll - similar timing to SF Zero etc you hit Zoom when you are about to hit the floor and you will safe fall. Combos are not reset if you take a hit during and Ukemi out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Saur
                          really good way to track sideways quickly while in SLOW is to cancel alternating kicks and punches - Joe moves forward all the while ready to deliver an attack with minimal frames (plus turning around in SLOW is fastest if you cancel kick one way then punch the other way - minimal frames again)
                          He on some crazy ****!!!

Edit - see what I mean!

Comment

One last thing tho - you know if you get a set of attack markers you cant work with? Like if you have an enemy either side of you one high and one low at the same time? Hit Zoom in/out really quickly and the enemies will be thrown out of whack so they dont attack at the same time.

Nuff people I know that play this game still dont know this! XD

THAT's Heroness!

Comment

I was wondering whether the eternal floating was down to Air Joe or just something I'd not tried before!

That post of yours is a complete diamond, I'd been using kick slides to cover distance whilst zoomed, but this is much better. And the quick turn solves the major gripe I had with the game - taking an eternity to change direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Saur
                                Hit Zoom in/out really quickly and the enemies will be thrown out of whack so they dont attack at the same time.
                                No way!!??!! Thats brilliant!!

Any tips on the black dudes with the Joe Seeking Missiles. I tend to just take the impact with a Viewtiful Forever as I cant seem to wack them back, but there must be a way to counter their attacks?

Had a warm up Adult play through last night, was cheesing the flex pose zoom and slow on Rainbows - class! Tonight its V-Rated attack at that tricky final boss then bring on the fear of Ultra V!

Comment

Working...
                                X