Viewtiful Joe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Izayoi
    I picked up VJ2 the other day for a tenner after putting off buying it for so long.

Need to get started on the Chambers to be honest.
    Yeah man, get score attacking in the 5th Chamber!!!

[PIMP MODE ON]

[PIMP MODE OFF]

Comment

Awesome, i suck at VJ but i'm gonna get proper psyched and train up on this chamber and see what my best score is.

Got US GCN Joe1 in the post this morn and i feel its avatar changing time again. VJ1 is SO much harder on adults than Joe2 is on Adults! I do think that Joe1 is superior, I'm up to Hulk Davidson on Adults and i'm planning on rinsing these games for a while. after watching those vids of saurian's and einhander's i'm finding the game much easier & enjoyable to play, makes much more sense this way.

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift
        Yeah man, get score attacking in the 5th Chamber!!!
        All this VJ talk is really making me want to go back to the 36 Chambers too
        Last edited by Spatial; 06-02-2006, 16:57. Reason: for some reason I added an extra chamber :\

Comment

VonManc, here is 7-2 (the fight against the space tanks). Sorry, I completely forgot to upload it.

7-2

Although I get the Rainbow, the run is quite pathetic and has many flaws. As you know, the difficult part in this task is to get the five reels high up under the ceiling by using a SLOWed Cromarty as target. Here is a good strat that works almost every time (as you can see, not in my run though):

- run up to the tank so that he spills out the Cromartys (flupp-flupp-flupp...)
          - immediately run back to the door you have just entered (this gives you more time until the tank is going to shoot)
          - usually, a Cromarty follows you to the door (this part didn't happen in my vid, so I had to improvise)
          - Important: Joe should look towards the door, so that the Cromarty does not jump when he gets nearer. He only jumps if you face him.
          - Hurry now as the tank is going to shoot soon. You need to dizzy your opponent and move him using MACH SPEED under the V-reels (you need to memorize this spot). Uppercut him in SLOW and voil? - there you go.

If this didn't work, remember how else you can dizzy Cromartys easily: wait for the tank to squeak, crouch and then TAP SLOW. If you release SLOW immediately the bullet returns to full speed and dizzys all Cromartys in the way. Without tapping SLOW, they will be destroyed.

(Uhh, it's late and my English sucks...)

Comment

Well, I have had a delightful day of Heroness, when I should be studying, but who cares! Joe made me do it!

I?m up to the Train on level 5 on Adults which I think is ok going for first time playing on Adults on the first day of getting the game.

I'm really loving it. I've even got a few Rainbow V ratings. I got one on the first section of level 5. I've never been able to figure the meth for making the Ninjas go into a Daze but thanks to Saurian and Einhanders vids I can smash their stupid metal faces in.

Capcom could well be the best developer of this last generation; all of the Capcom 5(4) are incredible, as is DMC3.

OT -
            Remember back when Marvel vs. Capcom 2 came out on the DC? There was a healthy selection of Marvel Characters, but I felt the Capcom side was lacking a little. The SF and Darkstalker characters are a given but I feel that Capcom could have made better use of their existing IP and added some awesome characters. Strider and MegaMan were the only ones of real note (I guess that Lego dude is popular in Japan).

Imagine if they did a 3rd version or a Capcom all star 2D beat em up with all their new IP!

Dante & Vergil! Viewtiful Joe, Silvia, Hulk Davidson, Captain Blue. Vanessa (PN03)! The Smiths! or even Okami?

(i know about Red Hot Rumble, i mean something different)

It would rule so much.
            Last edited by Kevvy Metal; 07-02-2006, 00:22.

Comment

Loaded up my Adults Train save and using the meths in your vid Einhander, managed to get the red bottle and completely pwn the ninja goons with upper cuts to get my first ever Rainbow V on that level Wasn't as clean at the end but got the train to stop

Went on to Rainbow V Charles, Hulk and Another Joe but that poxy shark managed to get the better of me (Awesome ) and only managed a Viewtiful on Fire Leo - your meth of red hot kicking him on the charge worked a treat!

Great Fun going back to Adults after battling through V-Rated. Gave Alistor a proper beating too

Originally posted by Spatial101
              All this VJ talk is really making me want to go back to the 36 Chambers too
              Get involved Spatial. Post up any Chamber scores and we can get attacking! I've only really 'mastered' 5th Chamber so lots of room for challenges.

Comment

Does anybody still have an active link to one of the Magnificent Five video clips?

Its reported as unavailable when I try to access it.

Have bought Ukemi but not too sure I am getting the best out of it. Am I right that you have to zoom in before you are about to take a hit? Also, what else should I be buying?

Thanks everyone, just getting rid of my rustiness at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by JulioBaptista
                  Have bought Ukemi but not too sure I am getting the best out of it. Am I right that you have to zoom in before you are about to take a hit? Also, what else should I be buying?
                  When you get hit in SLOW, Joe will do a Neo bullet time like dodge - if you ZOOM during this sequence you perform the Ukemi. I don't really use that much tbh because it messes up my set ups.

As for buying things I would go Red Hot Kick then Sliding, then VFX Meter Charger. Then just buy out the rest of the shop as and when you can.

Voomerangs are handy for getting VFX tokens and Bombs can be FAST slapped to gain access to boxes in the background (and a cheap way of getting into Hulk's crib quickly).

Comment

Originally posted by JulioBaptista
                    Have bought Ukemi but not too sure I am getting the best out of it.
                    You have to zoom in just before you hit the ground. Similar to a tech roll in Tekken. Of course, SLOW increases the window for your input.

Yousendit has server problems at the moment. I will upload Episode 6 when this is fixed.

Comment

No way, I've never done a Ukemi while not in SLOW! Learn something new everyday...

Comment

Nah man that's not the Ukemi -

Ukemi is a safe fall which will negate damage taken if you get hit.

If you take damage from an enemy Joe will get knocked backwards and fall to the ground - at the exact moment he's about to hit the floor (use SLOW if you cant time it in realtime) hit ZOOM and Joe will tech-roll out of the fall and the damage you've just taken will be negated.

This is a VERY useful technique for your Rainbow V runs - if you accidently get hit, it's not the end of the world.

Viewtiful Forever is the action of hitting Zoom when Joe goes into the SLOW dodge (the Keanu Reeves one) - hit ZOOM when Joe does the dodge and he will explode into a pose which will damage nearby enemies, suck in V-Coins and boost your V-Points for the current combo, it's superb as a combo ender or shameless showing off.

Comment

Ah, it would appear that I have never performed the Ukemi then - something else to play around with tonight (could be useful when getting shot by the Gunslinger - I automatically go SLOW when that happens so just need to retrain my mind to hit ZOOM instead)!

Still getting VJ teachings

Can the Ukemi be used to recover from King Blues lightening attacks?
                          Last edited by spagmasterswift; 09-02-2006, 10:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
                            ...and the damage you've just taken will be negated.
                            If I remember correctly, you'll get back only 1 leaf. So you could lose 3 leaves and get back only 1.

I think Ukemi doesn't work against flames and lightning, not to sure though.

Comment

leaves??? I thought it was cheeseburgers...

Comment

The hearts drop off the energy bar as Sakura leaves/petals

Comment

Working...
                                X