No announcement yet.

Viewtiful Joe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a couple of stage 5 vids - (sorry they're larger files)

Still have to record the final Tank and Jet fight, then the train -

Stage 5-1
    Stage 5-2
    (I left out the underground section cos it's just platforms and no ruck!)

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
      Got a couple of stage 5 vids
      Awesome! My strategies are a little bit different so it's interesting to see yours. Very cool - keep going.

(Btw: Did you know that there is a hidden red potion behind the houses in the ascending street?)

Comment

I picked up VJ2 the other day for a tenner after putting off buying it for so long.

Rekindled the fire in a way. Just watching Saur's vids shows you how raw you can be with the set-ups and V-point milking, and the scope for improvisation is massive.

Need to get started on the Chambers to be honest. Would've been nice if

you could unlock Captain Blue and Dark Hero Jet Black, that would've been too much.

Comment

Saur dude, you don't post much on this forum anymore but you should cuz your awesome vids and tips make me play games! there is so much hidden depth in games like DMC3 & VJ that I would have never realised on my own, i'm back rinsing the dant0rz again and i'm desperate for my delivery of VJ 1. I finished it on Kids and liked it a lot, i though 2 was better and saw no need in 1 and sold it on. How wrong i was. Watching Saur & Einhanders vids i now realise that Joe and Dante are one and the same! A monster score attack, freeform combo fighting control model to be rinsed!
          I see the VJ light!

I'm playing 2 right now but realise its all about the combat and need the more combat oriented Joe1 instead.

Comment

I dont like posting on the forums because it winds me up the way people bitch and put their negative **** on all this stuff I love. I just want to do my own thing on these very few games that exist now where you actually can. I wish these games were appreciated when they were new so that they could evolve even further instead of being watered down.

I'll post up these last few vids for this game cos I LOVE the game - then I'm well and truly out.

You're right that Joe and DMC are the same game Don - the evade > attack via signposts and audio cues and complete freedom to manipulate the system as you like is what lets you put so much of your own personality into the character.

Stage 5 - Tank and Jet tagteam
            Stage 5 - Train

Originally posted by Einhander
            Awesome! My strategies are a little bit different so it's interesting to see yours. Very cool - keep going.

(Btw: Did you know that there is a hidden red potion behind the houses in the ascending street?)
            My weakness is that I cant plan the stages! I just react to what's on the screen - If I find something on the stage I would have forgotten it a week later I'm such a pothead.
            Last edited by Saurian; 05-02-2006, 10:50.

Comment

very impressive... getting this game now just to have a go at some Saurian emulation 8)

Not! got a long way to go yet!

Comment

Interesting, your strategy in the train is slightly different from mine. How did you beat Alastor? Have you recorded anything? I've devolped a circle strategy (the one that I've recorded) that didn't work in the PAL version anymore! They must have found out about this and changed it. Anyway, especially in the PAL release Alastor is so fun to fight against.

Episode 5 Train

Comment

Einhander that train vid was wicked. What you did right at the end was sick! - SIIIIICCKK!!111 XD

I have absolutely no idea you could rock them like that - I gotta do that from now on!

FfFFFAAAAAAaARRRKK!!11

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
                    I have absolutely no idea you could rock them like that - I gotta do that from now on!
                    Yeah, I was happy to find that little trick out (also for the later stages with these bastards). Uppercut them and hit them in SLOW while they are in the air. They become red after the first and targets after the second SLOW hit. Cheap but VERY effecitve.

Comment

i just bought VJ PS2 off ebay for a whole ?3 !
                      so i got both versions now, and ?3 is just criminally cheap and a little sad. Paying such a low amount of money for such an awesome game.

Playing through VJ2 on GCN on Adults and on the submarine six machine level. Alistar was a right bastard, took a few attempts to work out the correct method but once i got it down, he was wasted

Comment

Have you 2 ever thought of doing an appreciate dvd style video of the full game as you both seem to have superhuman joe controlling powers (^_^)

Id love to see the whole game rinsed.

Comment

Originally posted by Einhander
                          That is so tight! I shall be doing that when I get in tonight Your use of Uppercut is most impressive!

Comment

I bought a japanese book+ dvd guide a few months ago

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy
                              I bought a japanese book+ dvd guide a few months ago
                              Cool, is it any good? Worth the purchase?

Comment

Not really

The book is japanese but then again i bought it for the dvd was hoping some expert playthroughs.To be honest they could have been a lot better

Comment

Working...
                                X