Dead Rising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MJ
    I mixed the condiment with orange juice for Spitfire.

The toy Laser Sword doesn't look like a Lightsaber, unless they are two different weapons. I wonder if they've had to change it since the earlier footage.
    Yeah I guess they've had to change it. Shame its so under powered though it is amusing wacking the enemies with it.

Best weapon has to be chucking the CD cases, it looks so desperate!

Comment

If you could chuck Prince's Batman soundtrack, it would be just perfect...

Comment

Loved the Bachman Bookporium referance to Stephen King. No doubt there will be plenty of other nods to both Capcom games and horror stuff in genral as well.

Also, how good would it be if there were arcade games of old capcom classics hidden around?

Comment

Genius demo with a great sense of humour. Had me grinning like a loon toying with the various ways you could kill the zombies - in that sense the game's somewhat sadistic.

As mentioned though - havok physics, destructable furniture, an entire city, missions you have to get through crossing the city to certain malls/factories/labs (preferably in a tooled up spiked truck) ploughing through thousands of zombies on streets, hundreds of downloadable object extras via marketplace would be good for the sequel.

I think Marcus is being a little harsh on the game by judging it on the demo. There's a huge amount of moves/ways to interact with the Zombies if the latest marketplace trailer (UK) is anything to go by in the final version.

It's the kind of game five years ago I was dreaming about watching re-runs of the Dead trilogy.

Supermarket trolly ploughing through hundreds of zombies ftw. Doesn't get much more entertaining.

Comment

There's a bucket in the men's toilets and you put it on a zombie's head.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ
              There's a bucket in the men's toilets and you put it on a zombie's head.
              I still can't get over the fact you can groz all over Zombies and put hands in their mouths.

Comment

Did anyone else notice how quickly it loaded after you had played it once? Even after turning the machine off. I know its on the HDD anyway, but the first time it loaded the cutscene and level start loads were definetly longer than repeated plays. The first game to use caching, perhaps?

Comment

Yeah I noticed. Figured it was down to caching.

Comment

Has anyone noticed the hidden powers of reading in this game? Or how to make an 'untouchable' potion? There is a lot more than meets the eye going on here.

Comment

Originally posted by dc-arena
                      The first game to use caching, perhaps?
                      I swear Oblivion used it.

Comment

Originally posted by Myth
                        I swear Oblivion used it.
                        Ah yeah, I believe it did! Errrm, the first zombie and mall based game on 360 to use caching then

Comment

im getting lost of v-sync problems on the into movie tonight

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike
                            im getting lost of v-sync problems on the into movie tonight
                            That's vey strange because I'm not getting any in the demo. But I did in a few other games like PDZ and FFXI.

Comment

This thread alone ensures I will finally get a 360, purely to play this game.

Just out of curiosity, is this game scary in parts, or is it just all about the gore-fun factor??

Comment

i think they scaryness comes from the pressure of being cornered by a horde

its not scary in the way silent hill is though

the scariest enemies look like the psychopaths because even in the horror of a zombie attack, humans still prove that they are the darkest and scariest monsters

Comment

Working...
                                X