No announcement yet.

Dead Rising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i know full well i'm about to get jumped on for saying this but here goes...

i find it a bit tedious. if the full game has more to keep me entertained (i'm sure it does) then great, but as a demo it's left me cold after a few plays through.

however, the t-shirt for US pre-orders is mint and a mate of mine is willing to give his to me

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
      Maybe, I can assure you I've yet to see it in DR though, and I've seen plenty of it on the 360 and PC before now.

Besides the point really, Vsync should really be standard, given it's a known issue.

but you have to bare in mind that turning on V-sync can cause drops in framerate which are MUCH more noticeable than the odd tear

Comment

Originally posted by Crisp_Rapper
        i know full well i'm about to get jumped on for saying this but here goes...

i find it a bit tedious. if the full game has more to keep me entertained (i'm sure it does) then great, but as a demo it's left me cold after a few plays through.

however, the t-shirt for US pre-orders is mint and a mate of mine is willing to give his to me
        GASP

"casts level 4 lynch mob"

Go get him boys

Comment

Nah it's been said previously Crisp, you're not alone. Maybe if there was a proper combo system going on and more than a single button to press to smash zombies....

Oh and I thought it was meant to be really good with the rag-doll-zombie physics stuff? Why then when I clobber a load of zombies on the head with the sledgehammer on the stairs they lie there with their legs sticking out above the stairs? Reminded me of Quake!

Katana is fun, shame it only lasts such a short time.

Comment

There's room for plenty of improvement, even on the basis of knowing that 80% of the locations and around 90% of the items have been left out of the demo.

Ragdoll physics, online co-op (I'm not really into multiplayer, but imagine a whole team of people holed up in a mall?), destructable scenery (shelves, boxes, display cases etc.), a free-roaming/no time-limit environment with specific locations to levels spread out would be superb.

I've little doubt this has passed Capcom's mind for the inevitable sequel, and I'm sure most of us would want Dead Rising this month (or next for Europe) in its present form, than for it to be held back to mid-or-late 2007 for a significant overhall.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku

</something geeky>
              pff you haven't played it yet son... you may think it's worse than i do

Comment

Well you could combine the work they did with RE Outbreak and combine it with the DR engine etc. Outbreak had more flaws and clunkyness than merits, but the idea was awesome. A zombie MMORPG in a city, playing like Dead Rising with big quests and 4, 8 player online would be the best thing ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Crisp_Rapper
                  pff you haven't played it yet son... you may think it's worse than i do
                  Theres some games that i know i'll like even before playing them. Dead rising is one of them. Dunno why it just has all the right components, plus it has COOKING (well combining food)

Any game which has cooking in it gurantees a must purchase

Comment

Online co-op zombie blasting, definitely the best thing ever.... roll on the sequel

Comment

prepare to be disappointed then!

Comment

We'll see (^_^)

Comment

Originally posted by dc-arena
                          Well you could combine the work they did with RE Outbreak and combine it with the DR engine etc. Outbreak had more flaws and clunkyness than merits, but the idea was awesome. A zombie MMORPG in a city, playing like Dead Rising with big quests and 4, 8 player online would be the best thing ever.
                          Blatant. If Capcom don't do it (which they probably will) someone else eventually will. Thousands of characters, a city on its last legs, people either working to outdo each other or beat the cleverness of their zombie slaying? Imagine clans or groups of people caught up in various districts... it'd be like a full-on epic Dead movie.

Coming back to the demo... one of the things that I love about it is the fact there's no soundtrack to it (apart from the mall's music/the undead) - half the atmosphere comes from the restriction of normal game music and completely nails that Dawn of the Dead shopping mall montage sequence of the zombies shuffling about.

Comment

It has heating up frying pans on stoves and burning off zombie faces, and cooking oil floor slippery spillage if that's any consolation.

Comment

Definitely getting more enjoyable the more I play the demo, it's a must have from me now. Now that i've worked out how to make a zombie wear a horse mask anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Boggy
                                Now that i've worked out how to make a zombie wear a horse mask anyway
                                LOL, innit!

Comment

Working...
                                X