• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to buy it again first and find time for it ><

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky View Post
      Whats tantulus ? One of the missions ?
      Toughest time trial in the game, atleast for me and a few others. Some seem to rinse through it in a couple of goes, but the rest of us take about 10005000 tries ! Look forward to it

Most annoying thing in the game is the 50 car achievement - They have to be individual models of car not just 50 cars, and there is no way to check your collection when your buying. I've got like 49 cars and 10 billion dollars but can't figure out which one I need, I can't remember where I left my memory either ^_^

Comment

I reached the 450G mark last night and unlocked the Champion level and with it the Tantalus time trial. Thought i had it nailed on the first go until i remembered i had 10 minutes at the start but needed to do it in under 7 and a half - i thought i was going to do it with 2 minutes to spare

Second go i put the hammer down and with penalties ended up 6 seconds out. Had another 3 or 4 goes (aswell as a load of restarts for hitting a car on the second corner) then finally nailed it, finished in 6.43 with about 20 seconds of penalties.

Probably the toughest challenge so far but to be honest there's very little in the game that's a match for a fully specced Enzo. I'm on 88 missions done of 120 now, going to need to start buying random cars to do 1 mission at a time before moving on to the online stuff now.

Comment

Almost done now, only 11 single player missions left (3 TT and 8 Race). Having trouble though with the Triumph Day mission, it's a straight road there and back, i did it at almost full speed last night and no penalties and still fell 6 seconds short, any hints ?

Annoyingly took me 2 goes last night to beat the 1 hour Millionaires Challenge, the first attempt i missed the target by 10 seconds !

Comment

Almost done now, only 11 single player missions left (3 TT and 8 Race). Having trouble though with the Triumph Day mission, it's a straight road there and back, i did it at almost full speed last night and no penalties and still fell 6 seconds short, any hints ?
            Yeah that one took me a while as well. I presume you've got all the upgrades for the triumph ? Need every last HP ! From memory you have to have a completely clean run and the second half after the hairpin needs to be flat out without any lifts. I found that quite a few seconds could be found in perfectly executing the hairpin, and also checked what time I would get from a perfect run of the first half at the time check after the hairpin, and if I was not on/within that time for a run would just give up at that point and start again.

Annoyingly took me 2 goes last night to beat the 1 hour Millionaires Challenge, the first attempt i missed the target by 10 seconds !
            That's a painfull one to miss. Never an issue for me though as I did it on the MV Agusta F4 which pulls it off in less than 50mins IIRC.

Comment

Woohoo the achievement floodgates opened last night, started with the Explorer for driving every road, followed by 7 more including the complete all single player challenges one Just gotta tidy up the Extra Missions then it's onto multiplayer for me

Comment

Explorer "drove" me crazy. Going up/down all those sliproads coming off the motorways!

Comment

then it's onto multiplayer for me
                  it's still getting played online ? ... I found the online aspect dissapointing, maybe I had to high expectations, but it just wasn't as fun as I thought it would be... still I think it's one of the best ideas for a game ever... a big island, a lot of expensive cars and bikes and get going, challenge someone next to you stopped before a traffic light....
                  Maybe I just need to fire it up again

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post
                  Explorer "drove" me crazy. Going up/down all those sliproads coming off the motorways!
                  this one I gave up to, I think I must have almost all roads covered, but I couldn't be bothered again looking for small pieces if roads I didn't get at...

Comment

I was quite thorough as i played through it because i knew about it, if i was in a small village area i'd cover all the roads there and then. It was the big junctions that were annoying though, like round the stadium. Also the city was annoying with it's blocks. Still, done now

Comment

Don't know if anyone's still playing this, some more cars are on the way

Originally posted by x360a.org
                      Who doesn't love content for games released over a year ago?

Atari's newest addition to Test Drive Unlimited is their Test Drive Collection - Volume 6. In the volume you'll receive yourself seven brand new vehicles including:

Nissan 350Z Roadster 2004
                      Audi A4 Touring Car
                      Cadillac&#174; Sixteen™
                      Dino 246 GTS
                      Triumph Dayton 995i
                      Pontiac&#174; Solstice
                      Lamborghini Diablo GT

All for a mere 350 MS points.

But wait! What if you're a stingy person who doesn't want to spend 350 points? Well, don't worry my friend. Atari's letting the Nissan 350Z Roadster 2004 go for free.

Both Volume 6, and the free Nissan are available in all Xbox LIVE regions.
                      Last edited by VR46; 06-02-2008, 13:02. Reason: awful grammar

Comment

I fired up the game a couple of times recently so I can see myself getting this.

Comment

Working...
                        X