Xbox Live vision Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox Live vision Camera

Don't know whether this should be in the first play thread or not, but hey.

Got it yesterday and I'm really impressed with it,

the video chat is silky smooth beyond belief, aswell as being a very good quality picture it has a decent framerate too, who woulda thought a webcam wouldn't be blurry!
    You don't both have to have the camera to do a video chat, which kinda suprised me, I'd of thought MS would of been a bit tight with that.

The actual camera itself is tiny, they really didn't do the camera justice in the promo shots.
    You get another headset with the camera 1 months access to LIVE gold (which can be added ontop of what you have) and a code that gives you 1 free download of UNO.

You can cycle through the effects with a tap of the bumper buttons aswell as zooming in on a specific region of the video.
    You can use the camera to have pictures for your gamercard, although only people in your friends list can see these, again various effects can be used on these images.
    You can also take pictures and attach them to a message/voice message.

Me a friend spent a good 30 minutes pissing around giving each other tours of our games rooms due to the very lenthy cable that has comes with it.

Implementation of the camera in UNO is what you'd expect, you can set the area of the image you want people to see and it replaces your gamerpicture when you play.

Also gave totemball a quick go, which seemed alright, but seemed not to recognise my movements very well, it was either the lighting in the room or that I wasn't against a blank wall. There didn't appear to be any calibration options or zoom controls within totemball which meant I had to stand stupidly near to my TV

I'm really looking forward to seeing what Rainbow 6 does with this
    Last edited by EvilBoris; 11-10-2006, 17:34.

I agree, the quality is very good, im just waiting for more games to utilize it. i know R6 is on the horizon, any word on others other than poker?

i swear i saw a pic of Test Drive Unlimited that had someones face on the dashboard in the in-car view... a future update maybe?

Comment

the sepia gamerpic FTW

pookmunki started it and now everyone is at it

Comment

Too many nows and !s

Originally posted by EvilBoris
        You don't both have to have the camera to do a video chat, which kinda suprised me, I'd of thought MS would of been a bit tight with that.
        Ah. Didn't know that. Thanks. Had a video chat with a real-life friend on my friends list tonight. He said he has to get one now.

It is surprisingly good quality and very well implemented.

I'm going to have to buy R6 just for the face mapping!

Comment

Originally posted by Destrukticor
          the sepia gamerpic FTW

Personally, I like the blue.

Comment

I agree with all that's been said, it's a very nice bit of kit.

I bought the extra pack with 12 months Live subscription for a m8 at Play for ?50. He gave me ?30 for Uno and Robotron too, so it only cost me ?20 for the camera, Totemball and 200 points.

Comment

I like the way you can press the L + R triggers to make the other person's rumble motors go off

Comment

Brats - good deal. Your new gamer pic looks very cosy.

EvilBoris - hours of fun with the right person!

Comment

There is a little bit of info as to what the camera is going to be used for in future

[MartyG Edit - copy paste of full article removed due to copyright ? 2006 CMP Media LLC. Please link articles rather than copy pasting in full]
                  Last edited by MartyG; 12-10-2006, 08:18.

Comment

Sounds perfect for Jean Michel Jarre wannabes!

On yeah - a "little bit" of info!?

Comment

I can't resist the more expensive package, I need a new webcam anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Brats
                        I bought the extra pack with 12 months Live subscription for a m8 at Play for ?50.
                        Oh B*llocks ft: MS just auto renewed my live subscription for ?39.99 a couple of weeks ago, could of got the camera and the subscription renewal for ?10 more, if I'd thought about it ! gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Comment

Originally posted by Destrukticor
                          the sepia gamerpic FTW

You knows it biatch, my munter face starting a nineteenth century photography rennaisance

Comment

AFAIK all the old card games and bankshot billiards were upgraded to use the camera as well.

Anyone know if it is recognised by a PC?

Comment

Originally posted by nonny
                              Anyone know if it is recognised by a PC?
                              As long as you're running XP with SP2 I believe.

Comment

Working...
                              X