No announcement yet.

Helldivers 2 (PS5/PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The patrol change to solo's or 2 mans is downright insulting, especially given how unstable the code is and how bad matchmaking is.

Comment

Game is brutal right now with increased bugs in the field, slowdown galore and general glitches. Sigh. I’m taking a break.

Comment

God dammit.

Comment

hahaha, you'll been needing to cap those 250 medals.

Comment

we'll have to see how the incoming forced PSN account for steam users debacle​ plays out. As steam players dwarf the PSN player count it could go poorly, along with people already saying PSN isn't available in there country and the usual PSN account linking being a horrible experience. All for sony to sell data and claim more PSN accounts active for shareholders, stinks of PS3 sony fumes.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
              we'll have to see how the incoming forced PSN account for steam users debacle​ plays out. As steam players dwarf the PSN player count it could go poorly, along with people already saying PSN isn't available in there country and the usual PSN account linking being a horrible experience. All for sony to sell data and claim more PSN accounts active for shareholders, stinks of PS3 sony fumes.
              When was this announced?

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post

When was this announced?
                Attention Helldivers, Due to technical issues at the launch of HELLDIVERS™ 2, we allowed the linking requirements for Steam accounts to a PlayStation Network account to be temporarily optional. That grace period will now expire. See details below in this post. Account linking plays a critical role in protecting our players and upholding the values of safety and security provided on PlayStation and PlayStation Studios games.

Currently quite a lot of "Not recommended" reviews being filed on Steam...

Comment

I just don't see how they can go through with it in the end simply because PSN just isn't available it alot of countries, and they knowingly let people through the gates, past the refund period before shutting the door.

This doesn't directly effect me outside of sony trying to kill the playerbase off, but all that crap about safety when sony are constantly getting their(our) data hacked and stolen every few years is complete BS.
                  Last edited by Tobal; 03-05-2024, 15:48.

Comment

Seems this was a requirement from day 1 on pc and asked users from the off, with a lot of people just doing it and being done, others just ignoring it and moving on forgetting. I don't really see the big issue with this tbh, Sea of Thieves on PS5 requires an xbox account, soooooo shrug.
                    Last edited by fishbowlhead; 03-05-2024, 18:00.

Comment

This is 100% anti consumer and as PS5 player of this game i'm definitely on steam users side. Reddit is full of people investigating and it seems really shifty the way this was done, the entire argument around the defence for this move was a small yellow notice in steam saying "psn account needed", while the EULA for the game never mentions it, and SONY have been caught changing there PC to PSN website for this the day after from 'optional' to 'required'.

AH took advantage of waving people through the gates for easy onboarding on PC, riding an extremely high popularity to sell loads and loads of copies on steam worldwide for over 3 months.. then they will shut the door in July.

My favourite meme so far

Comment

Everyone does this now to obtain your data if your not playing on the platform makers machine, as crap as it is this is modern gaming unfortunately, and it was there from day with with a lot of Steam users already done it.

Players may as well stop moaning as they won’t quit, hell, Bungie removed 1/3 of destiny at one point and people carried on.

Storm in a teacup.
                        Last edited by fishbowlhead; 04-05-2024, 18:27.

Comment

Reading up on it it seems like despite not being the biggest issue practically speaking, it's spiralling fast for Arrowhead.

Recent Reviews listing for the game on Steam has now changed to Mostly Negative following mass review bombing, the All Reviews rating has downgraded to Mixed and perhaps most critical of all - Valve are issuing full refunds to players regardless of the number of hours the user has played.

Comment

Sony has updated the Helldivers 2 listing to address the issue.
                            It's widely expanded the number of countries that the game is banned from sale in to nearly 180
                            It's not going down well

Comment

They made a big mistake not having the PSN requirement at launch. I understand why Sony wants your data and I'd even say that's fair practice as every other major publisher does it.

The main 3 issues are they didn't lock non PSN countries out from purchase, they didn't factor in most PC players don't trust the security of PSN over recent years with all the hacks/breaches... And not having PSN there for all these month all but proves to those against it that it isn't necessary.

If Sony wants to continue making it required for future titles then it has no choice but to enforce it now and remove the game sale in non PSN countries.

Unfortunately you have to wonder whether HD2 would have been so successful on PC had they kept PSN at launch... Didn't they say 70-80% of players are on PC?

Comment

Interesting... I've just seen Sucker Punch is dropping it's requirement for PSN on GoT for the single player.

Not sure what this means for the trophy / achievements stuff they were adding but you'd assume that's locked to PSN.

Comment

Working...
                                X