Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Balatro (Steam/PS5/Xbox Series X/Switch)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In a bit of a gaming funk lately and this is just at the right level of engagement that I can handle. Slowly working through the basic stakes on each of the decks, trying to build up the collection, and generally just learning its ways. Observation-wise, even building a solid deck and joker combo that focuses on multiplications rather than additions, the jump between ante 10 and 11 (500k -> 7m) has been a very clear roadblock where the growth is really looking for something more from the player.

Obviously though, having watched a video or two, YouTube is insistent on ruining my fun and is regularly showing me folks who are out there theorycrafting the upper limits of the game and pushing seeded runs and scoring to their absolute limit. Going back to my own unseeded runs after feels a bit like watching aerospace engineering to then returning back home to play with my Duplo.

Another friend commented on how it's so slickly presented and info about it trickles out and surprises you in such a way that you suspect there is perhaps something more to it, but that you then realise that no, it's not that - it's really is just what it presents itself as, just with mountains of depth to plumb, and that's just fine. It is a good game.

Comment

Yellow Deck/White Stake run completed!

Not a perfect run but job done - defeated The Final Boss Blind (Verdant Leaf) by 408 chips!

I was able to spam levelled-up two pairs constantly (as well as a few other levelled-up hands) and stack the deck with multipliers and triggers. Got the choices of Joker spot-on and they scaled surprisingly nicely in the later antes and blinds.

Seed: HQ282ICB
      Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 28-04-2024, 18:12.

Comment

Came close to completing a Green Deck/White Stake run, bottomed out on Final Boss Blind (Crimson Heart) by 20k-ish.

Seed: E25JP33V

Comment

Been trying to do Nebula Deck on white stake for a week. Did it. Just levelled up 2 pair.

Seed: FUK3C8Z9

Comment

Ghost Deck / White Stake

Seed: Q6I2LNYX

Comment

Official Balatro merch, anyone?

Balatro is a deck-building roguelite where you must play poker hands and earn chips to defeat enemy blinds. Enhance your deck of playing cards, buy Jokers to modify each hand you play, and discover new and wild synergies to win!

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                Official Balatro merch, anyone?

https://www.playbalatro.com/merch
                It's simple, but I adore that Joker tee!

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post

It's simple, but I adore that Joker tee!
                  Not gonna lie... I've kinda got my eye on one of the mugs!
                  Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 04-05-2024, 14:02.

Comment

Green Deck/White Stake run completed.

Seed: CL19LD7L

Comment

Green deck / Red Stake (completed)

Seed: XQMF112A

Comment

Fell at the 7th Ante Boss Blind (The Pillar) on Black Deck/White Stake but smashed my best hand record twice (372k and 644k) with a legendary Joker (Treboulet) and some crazy multipliers along the way. Golden Joker is also invaluable for quickly raising money to buy packs and other jokers. Could have probably completed the run had I not f'd up but hey. Was still a lot of fun and I'm sure somebody else can go one better.

Seed: ND21YNSQ

Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 08-05-2024, 10:49.

Comment

Close but no cigar with Black Deck/White Stake....fell short on Final Ante Boss Blind (Violet Vessel) by about 180k-ish (large blind).

Seed: 4RJID75Q

Comment

Zodiac Deck / Red Stake completed
                            Seed: LY7GZ3IL

Comment

Checkered Deck / Red Stake (completed)

Seed: PP9EYC7E

Comment

Green Deck / Green Stake complete
                                Seed: 3LLSER72

Comment

Working...