Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Balatro (Steam/PS5/Xbox Series X/Switch)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love this game but this thread only serves to make me feel inadequate I play it evey day but I have no idea how far I may (or may not) be from a complete run. 'Grats to all who are pulling those off

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      I love this game but this thread only serves to make me feel inadequate I play it evey day but I have no idea how far I may (or may not) be from a complete run. 'Grats to all who are pulling those off
      It's not without umpteen failed attempts, believe me!

A run is considered complete after the 24th round (the boss blind of Ante 8)

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post

It's not without umpteen failed attempts, believe me!
        I can vouch for this.

Black Deck/White Stake is stumping me at present - I think I've only got to the 7th-8th Antes once. Usually, I'm getting to 5th-6th Ante before folding, sometimes earlier than that! That's the nature of the RNG beast though - you just have to accept that not every run you embark on will be successful.

Don't give up Atticus!
        Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 17-05-2024, 08:31.

Comment

Black Deck/White Stake. Got it done!!

Seed: DE1LZRAM

Comment

Magic Deck/White Stake run completed.

Seed: ZBJRJFWY

Comment

You on a roll!

Comment

You on a roll!
                Haha! I normally take a bit of a break before tackling a new Deck but I couldn't resist. I got to 6th Ante on my first run of Magic/White so I felt I could definitely do it and so it proved. It felt easier than Black Deck for sure...maybe it's supposed to?

Deffo taking a break before I attempt Nebula Deck/White Stake though!

Comment

What I want to know is, when do I get to see shenanigans like this?

I go on the Balatro Reddit and I'm like "What ze hell am I looking at
                  ?"

12 Joker slots,
                  121 consumable slots
                  Score is '1.170e44'
                  Hand size is 22
                  Hand is full of polychrome King of Spades
                  Deck has 514 cards in it

Comment

What I want to know is, when do I get to see shenanigans like this?
                    Sorry to commit the terrible faux pas of quoting myself, but that is exactly what happened to me and I was banging on about last page, just via YouTube rather than Reddit -

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                    Obviously though, having watched a video or two, YouTube is insistent on ruining my fun and is regularly showing me folks who are out there theorycrafting the upper limits of the game and pushing seeded runs and scoring to their absolute limit. Going back to my own unseeded runs after feels a bit like watching aerospace engineering to then returning back home to play with my Duplo.
                    In short, that'll be a seeded run specifically picked out by the community, mapped out to the nth degree​. I don't want to discredit the work that is required to do this, but it is a very different set of skills and a very different way of playing that is more about looking for angles to exploit the game at its most fundamental level, and finding ways to reduce and manipulate RNG in such a way to enable these - it is to Balatro what a TAS speedrun is to other games.

Notably, ante 39 per your screenshot is the actual end of the game; the point at which the round score is so high that the game can no longer consider numbers large enough to be bigger than it. To further illustrate the point, here's a video of where I first saw this being talked about by 'Balatro University':

Comment

Ah I see. That poor seed. Absolutely abused.

I'd like to get something crazy like that on my own run sometime.

Comment

Green Deck / Black Stake (completed)
                        Seed: FZJDMMYV
                        ​​​​

Comment

Nebula Deck/White Stake done.

Seed: 5K2GLWV5
                          Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 26-05-2024, 18:29.

Comment

Back in the groove!

Ghost Deck/White Stake done.

Seed: XJJ4B6VK
                            ​​​​​​​

Comment

Last edited by hudson; 29-05-2024, 14:09.

Comment

hudson You've embedded the tweet wrong, mate.

You only need to put the long number 1795698225233678820 in the brackets.

Comment

Working...
                                X